Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    RC poster
    This is an awesome, inexpensive, mod!!! I think it deserves a trip to the top!!

RC poster
    Anyone know where can i find the "Gray Washer" that is included TRA5381? (other than in that pack) They are the only fiber washer with a internal diameter of 6mm. I am looking for 16 at the moment.

Thanks, Gordon.

RC poster
    I have MIP's all the way around my Slash MT and I am actually considering switching over to the T Maxx shafts! The MIP's were great when they were new, but now they are starting to get sloppy and noisy and it gets pretty annoying. Not to mention the MIP's weight 3x what the T Maxx axles do. I think im going to try this!

RC Competitor
    great thread

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by qwig View Post
    Yep, it's the complete revo shaft minus the steel axle. I cut up one of the 4953 stub axles (4953x should be the same) and used a vise to press out the pin. Then I had to take my 6mm drill bit and drill out a bit of the revo cup where the axle shaft slides in. Re-insert pin with vise. Put the new shaft through the modified carrier and see how much plastic you need to trim off the axle where it meets the carrier bearing. The revo shaft will NOT work on the front.
    can i not use the steel axel from the revos shaft?... so have i got this right in thinking that all i really need to do is get the correct bearings for the carriers and simply shorten some old e revo shafts and install them?

RC poster

Cool Maxx Axels

Got my Front Maxx Axels turned down! they fit well in the TeknoRC hubs!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-T...0/IMG_1173.JPG

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/--...0/IMG_1172.JPG

RC Racer
    NASCARcanada could you post a parts list or did you use the parts from page 1 minus the stub axles and bearings
    sl2sh, p4de trail truck

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RCTRAIN View Post
    NASCARcanada could you post a parts list or did you use the parts from page 1 minus the stub axles and bearings
    Sorry I can't remember, but all the info should be here.
    Support your Country, buy domestic...

RC Qualifier
    Went on saturday to the lhs and picked up everything i needed for maxx axles on the rear. got home started putting everything together. got to the bearings and guess what, i got the wrong ones! ahhh... ended up with stock sized bearings, lol. the 5 on the package looked like a 6 i swear lol. so now im waiting on an order to come in before i can finish this conversion

RC Racer
    Very impressive sir, great job!
    Rally GT8 4x4 in progress.
    FLM Rustler

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by qwig View Post

Trimmed down 2.5 shaft on top, stock 2.5 shaft in middle, and revo shaft on bottom. Trimming down is as simple as using a razor blade and firm pressure.
    Has anyone tried the revo shaft
    sl2sh, p4de trail truck

RC Qualifier
    Just fitted my Maxx shafts in. Looks like I could use a few 6mm washers. I have some but the outside diameter is too big. They press against the plastic carrier. Rather than drilling anything I opted to use the hpi washers and the tekno 6mm hex's. Another note, I'm running mine as a mt slash. With the A-arms at a greater angle the axles do rub on stock a-arms. Once the suspension is compressed they do clear the a-arms. So a little trimming will be required. I also do have a little wobble where the axle mounts to the diff output. Might look into revo diffs? Overall I think this will work out as a great solution to the weak stock axles.

RC Racer
    Mine have the wobble at the diff as well, but no issues yet... Lots of hours on these!! Just tighten down the screw pin in the cup at the diff and you should be fine!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Slash 4x4 w/Sidewinder 8th, SC10 RS, Arrma Typhon

RC Qualifier
    But for only 55 bucks at Amazon you can get MIPs ...what is 20 more bucks in the whole scheme of things?
    When Boy When, Are You Gonna Get Your Act Together

RC Champion
    I have MIP shafts in my slash and would trade them for a set of modded tmaxx or Revo shafts.. The max shafts are Sooo much lighter and easier on the drivetrain.. I run max shafts on my sons slash 4x4 2wd I build for him ( he's 4 years old). Even with his light switch style of throttle control haha and a big brushless system on asphalt the max shafts are like new.. My MIPS in my slash are getting sloppy, noisy, and are cause so much shaking.. They amplify any out of ballance wheel problems you might have..
    Yes MIPS are tough,, but I prefer a strong light axle with just a hint of flex to absorb what the slipper let by..

Sent from my highly abused iPhone using Tapatalk
    Always in Trouble for trying to help out.

RC Qualifier
    This may be the single best mod for a slash 4x4. After adding 3s lipos to the stock system, I was blowing out half shafts like crazy. It probably didn't help I had my slipper tightened up and loved pulling wheelies!! It took a bit of parts and had to grind down the aluminum steering blocks. A large assortment of washers and a dremmel helps with this conversion, but well worth it. No permanant changes with the right bearings and best of all: No signs of wear with the maxx shafts.

RC Qualifier
    I recently did this mod and went with the 6x11 bearings from RCP crawlers and used a shock piston hole cover as a spacer to get the stub face off the carrier. I tried using some 6x8x.5 teflon washers but they just got smashed into the rubber shield of the bearing. I also used the 2.5 hex pin and 14mm hexes since i went with 3.2" stablemaxx wheels and 5.75" t maxx classic tires. I was actually wondering about using XO-1 rear carriers since they use the 6x12x4 bearings , but since theirs already rear toe built in(mine was originally a p4de) adding that much more toe would prolly make the rear tires funky looking?

RC Qualifier
    I did this on my slash 4x4 at the begining of the year. i used Larger E-revo Shafts though. Heres the thread i had, i revised my shafts towards the end of the post, the first way i did it failed, but the second whay was much better
    Let me know what you think!

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...uled-Slash-4x4
    RX8 Powered E-revo
    E-Slayer

RC Racer
    The inner bearing on the front hub stays the same? the 6x15x5mm in the outboard bearing. Just making sure b4 i complete my order

RC Qualifier
    Did my first run yesterday. Didn't go well. Was doing some jumps with a lot of cart wheels down a big hill. Lasted maybe five jumps before the drive shafts broke. Maxx shafts in the rear running on 2s stock electronics. Revo slipper and revo diff. Not real happy about this. Thought they would hold up

Brought to you by the letters R and C and by the number 1

RC Racer
    im running 3s and have the MAXX shafts in rear...ive had no problems. Ive since broke 3 front shafts since then, month span. broke then at the inner yoke part. I put a MAXX shaft in the front right side. Drove it less then 2 minuets and broke the last small shaft on left side.

RC Qualifier
    I have done the maxx shaft mod on the rears and I am using the mmm/2200kv on 4s, I just went through my first set of stub axles but it took a while to break them mind you throttle control and punch control are my best friends lol, but the mod seems to work well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by snookerd1206 View Post
    I have done the maxx shaft mod on the rears and I am using the mmm/2200kv on 4s, I just went through my first set of stub axles but it took a while to break them mind you throttle control and punch control are my best friends lol, but the mod seems to work well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    you have stock front CVDs?

RC Qualifier
    Well I just broke my second maxx shaft. This mod worked so well for a few weeks, but looks like I'm upgrading to revo shafts in the rear. Not much more money, but alot more detailed work. Luckily I have all the parts except for the complete revo shafts and tekno carriers\bearings. From what I've seen, if I do this mod right, no more broken shafts!! Use this guide, but follow it to the end! :

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...uled-Slash-4x4

I'll try to post back in about a week.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234