Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Champion
    I set the trailer on the ERBE's hitch today. I ended up using a boat rudder holder on the truck's rear skid plate and an eye hook on the trailer.

While Traxxas keeps us on standby i should get in plenty of practice with the trailer. This thing measures 54" (just the trailer) from end to end and might be a handful to maneuver.

Hope to have some towing video up this weekend. Would be real nice to have a new Titan sitting on it.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 07-22-2010 at 08:32 PM. Reason: merge
    Never do anything half fast. Hey Ya'll, watch this

RC Racer
    Top job mate. It really suits the ERBE. The longer the distance from the ball to the tyres the easier it is to back. It's fun reversing them. I have been practising whilst waiting for my tunnell hull.

RC Champion
    I hope this helps. I will be using a small clip thru the upright post that will be to keep the eye hook of the trailer from lifting off.

The parts are leftovers i had from a shockwave 26 but the mini cat has a slightly smaller (and cheaper) version that may work just as well. I haven't found the two pieces i used as seperate parts but here is a look at the assy.

RC Qualifier
    How did you solder the aluminum?? I cant figure it out!!!!!!

RC Champion
    Used Alumaloy product for a couple welds on it, the next will be 90% welded. It takes practice to use and be sure you have scrap material of the same type you building with to practice on. Most of this build ended up with Loctite metal/concrete epoxy due to its strong impact resistance. The Alumaloy can be seen here: http://www.alumaloy.net/ and it is amazing stuff.

RC Champion
    OK looks great, but I want to see the remote controlled, power winch hooked up, just like the real thing ! I'm sure someone has done that already with other boats..
    3905 E-MAXX

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by BT_EMT
    I want to see the remote controlled, power winch hooked up, just like the real thing ! I'm sure someone has done that already with other boats..
    3 racing make remote controlled winches. If the set up is correct you won't need a winch. If this was full size i think you would need to be big Arnie to winch it on to a trailer.

RC Champion
    Yeah ironically I just picked up 2 RC mags, and saw an ad for a real power winch, with remote control !

www.centerofmassdesigns.webs.com

Last edited by BT_EMT; 08-07-2010 at 12:52 AM.
    3905 E-MAXX

RC Qualifier

Thumbs up

I will be following this! What happens when you do a wheele with all that power?
    SLASH IS FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!

RC Racer
    Just to get you in the mood. Here is my Summit retreaving my boat.

RC Champion

September Dream

Look what i found in my driveway. It's a shame it isn't a blue one...

...or real.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    that trailer looks a little out of scale?
    First MiniSlash
    HK6XL Revo 4s 60mph Amsoil dealer

RC Racer
    Nice bit of Photoshop their or cardboard cut out. I had to look closley to make sure. JMHO the rear of the trailer should finish at the rear of the boat. I think the scale is close. But honestly as long as it works how you want it to, who cares. My boat,trailer & car are all different but it works for me.

RC Champion
    The trailer, as it sits, is from 8" to 12" longer at the front than the finished dimensions will be. It will be completed after the Titan arrives.
    I'm debating the rear length of the trailer as the rudder will be exposed if it is not inside the rear of the trailer frame and it appears that the rudder cannot be raised. The prop could possibly be hangin' out there also.
    The ERBE itself now has the extended wheelbase arms and at the longest setting.

RC Racer
    The longer the draw bar the better imo. I still at times get the Summit wheels wet getting my boat off the trailer. Touch wood i have only toughed the ground once or twice with the rudder exposed & that was during reversing it. The rear of the summit raises when reversing which lifts the nose of the trailer slightly.

RC Enthusiast
    I'm very impressed. Traxxas should be too... That a guy would put in all of this time and effort just in the anticipation of one of their products.

Quite impressive.

glbobo

How high are you planning on making the bunks. You should have way more than enough clearance with the rudder and prop overhanging. The bottom of the rudder will probably be even or slightly above your frame. I love your hitch set up. Still trying to perfect mine. Bug777 gave me some good ideas
    Here's one I made for a member..

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ictures032.jpg

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ictures038.jpg

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ictures035.jpg

Edited for image size.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 09-23-2010 at 06:17 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12