Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RC poster
    I put the new arms on my old slayer, HUGE difference, love it!

RC Qualifier
    Where did you get the parts? Can you elaborate on the difference?

RC poster
    eBay, people are parting out the
    New ones so I got the arms and turnbuckles..

Handling is incredibly better! Doesn't want to flip near as much, if the dirt is just slightly loose I can keep it wide open and slide through corners no problem. I have done a decent amount of stuff to my slayer and would say the new wider arms is first on the list of recommendations!

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the info. I'll see if I can wait till tower gets the parts in and use their discount. I'm glad to hear it does make a big difference. I haven't driven my slayer for a long while b/c it just wasn't fun.

RC poster
    Ya I hear ya I get tired of flipin it back over, or should I say got tired of it. I paid 11 bucks I want to say and 5 dollar shipping so there are good deals out there!

RC poster
    Has anyone converted their slayer to slayer pro?? what all would you need and could you keep the old chassis

RC poster
    What I did is converting it without the new chassis. But if you get new chassis you need steering linkage and I believe front drive shaft.

The difference in the 2 chassis is 30MM You could just put the wider a-arms on You would also need the new turnbuckles and it would be wider or you could add the new chassis to get the 30MM longer the chassis is the 3.3 revo chassis. you can find them on e-bay all the time. you would need the steering linkage and the center front drive shaft.
    I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran

Anyone know if Traxxas is still producing the older slayer parts such as the a arms? I would hate to have to upgrade all this stuff to the Pro 4x4 specs if I just break one a arm.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by fallonguy
    I would guess you would need the same as they did to upgrade the 2.5 revo to the 3.3 revo the chassis,

3.3 revo the chassis 5322.....$42.00
    The 5322A......$50.00 if you want the sliver chassis But you can only find this on e-bay
    front drive shaft 5456.....$4.00
    steering linkage 5341......$3.40

The slayer pro 4X4 a-arms
    5931X RF..............$7.50
    5932X LF..............$7.50
    5933X RR..............$7.50
    5934X LR..............$7.50

also the wheels

5976R Tires & wheels, assembled, glued (S1 ultra-solft offroad
    racing compound) (SCT Split-Spoke satin
    chrome, black beadlock style wheels, Kumho tires,
    foam inserts) (2) (front/rear) ........................................$ 28.00
    5975R Tires & wheels, assembled, glued (S1 ultra-solft offroad
    racing compound) (SCT Split-Spoke, chrome red
    beadlock wheel, BFGoodrich® Mud-Terrain™ T/A®
    KM2 tire, inserts) (2) (front/rear) ..................................$ 28.00

and a new body.

5912 Body, Slayer Pro 4X4 (clear, untrimmed, requires
    painting)/window masks/decal sheets ...........................$ 40.00
    5919 Body, Slayer Pro 4X4, Greg Adler, 4 Wheel Parts (painted,
    decals applied).......................................... .........................................$ 65.00
    5925 Body, Slayer Pro 4X4, Mark Jenkins #25 (painted, decals
    applied) .................................................. ............................................$ 65.00
    5926 Body, Slayer Pro 4X4, Mike Jenkins #47 (painted, decals
    applied) .................................................. ............................................$ 65.00
    5917 Body, Slayer Pro 4X4, Scott Douglas/Mike Oberg (painted,
    decals applied).......................................... .........................................$ 65.00

looks like the axle shaft push rods and turnbuckles from the slayer will work

How I do?
    Also need the driveshafts for the front and rear. Almost done upgrading an electric converted version and a nitro version... can't wait to drive 'em!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rich panganiban
    Also need the driveshafts for the front and rear. Almost done upgrading an electric converted version and a nitro version... can't wait to drive 'em!

What is the part number of the driveshafts that are needed? I was under the impression the old shafts work.

RC Enthusiast
    I'm not sure Traxxas sells the driveshafts as a complete set. I picked it up from Ebay for about $10 for the set of 4. The ones from the original does fit, but the overlap of the two pieces is very little (about 1"). I thought it would be safer to just replace them with the Slayer Pro driveshafts.

RC Qualifier
    I was gonig to get these: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJH85&P=7

Can you measure what you have if you get a chance?

RC Enthusiast
    According to the exploded view for the Slayer Pro:

http://traxxas.com/PDF-Library/5907_shafts.pdf

The correct part # is 5456:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&FVSEARCH=5456

RC Qualifier
    They're all 5456, so I can just take the ones I linked to and cut them down if needed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123