RC poster

Need Help Please !!!! Thanx

IN YOUR guys opinion should i cot a hole in body to cool of and circulate thru truck better thnx

RC Racer
    its up to you.....I personally never have...get a fan or just gear properly

RC Champion
    unless you areconstantly doing H speed runs- dont cut
    is there an 'AA' for RC addicts?

RC poster
    thanks alot for helping

RC Racer
    I have a slipstream body for my revo and it helps but I dont think that it will do much for the slash as the motor is behind the rear shock tower.

RC Qualifier
    you could try it. you wont hurt anything. And the esc will be cooler!!!
    Buying Monster Trucks Madness Right Now

It really depends, are you overheating now? If not, I wouldn't worry about it. More and more I have seen peeps punch holes right be hind the cab, it aids air-flow over the electronics and it provides a vent for the air to escape when the truck is jumping so the body doesn't act like a parachute.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Racer
    you're offering a solution which I would never go for since I love bashing with my slash and drilling the chassis could weaken it. but I would rather ask you WHY do you have a heat problem? Climate where you're using, gearing, run-time, etc.? Best solution would come when you start from the core reason.
    The Most Bashable/Washable Truck of the Year

RC Champion
    Cough - I say yes you should cut a hole in the windshield. This is something i've been doing for a long time on all of my trucks. Even if you don't have a heat problem cutting a hole will help cool things down and the cooler you run electronics the longer they will last. The hole doesn't have to be huge. Mine in about 2 x 1 on the slash.

Running 2S 5000 *****s on a totally stock SPEC Slash I was seeing battery temps in the 95F range and ESC temps hovering around 130F with a stock uncut body. After adding the hole in the windshield battery temps are now just a couple of degrees over air temps and the ESC stays in the 110F range. Cutting a hole in the body will do nothing for motor temps due to the motors placement so if you're having a problem there then you need a different solution.

It worth doing and it only takes a minute to do. One word of advise. Make sure all the corners are round. Hard square corners will allow the body to crack.

Last edited by john01374; 07-12-2010 at 08:48 AM.
    My mother
    Reba Collins 6/30/52 - 3/1/10 1:13pm