Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    RC Racer

King Headz motor mount with oversize bearing!

Hey guys, check out the new motor mount from king headz. I have been using a prototype for over a month with zero problems. It uses the oversize bearing 10x19x5 and allows use of the slipper assembly or the center diff! I have not had any issues with the larger bearing and he is including two of them with the mount.

New part can be found here in a few days:

http://www.kingheads.com/product_inf...ea4c808bd9d80e

woody

RC Competitor
    That looks really good. I have never herd of the though...

RC Qualifier
    That looks sweet. I was going to do this mod to my own alum mount, nice to know someone is starting to build them

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by 1sickslash4x4
    That looks really good. I have never herd of the though...
    They specialize in 1/8 scale parts. Many people have used this part of theirs:

http://www.kingheads.com/product_inf...ea4c808bd9d80e

But that only works with the slipper. The motor mount will work with the slipper or center diff.

woody

RC Qualifier
    It was only a matter of time before somebody started producing these. Good on them.
    Turbo in the front, groceries in the back.

RC Racer
    I'd buy one, wish they left it in silver or anodized it in different colors though. Would this dissipate heat better than plastic??

RC Qualifier
    yes, it will dissipate heat so you get the double bonus of larger bearings and lower temps. I'll be getting one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Puppy
    ........................... I'll be getting one.
    Me two....
    Slash PE & Ja-two.

I think I will also have to get one of those motor mounts.

RC Racer
    HAHA, "This might work"......

RC Competitor
    Oh holy god of the rc car thank you. It's about time someone sold these. Machine shops in Vegas are irritatingly picky about what jobs they will do and not cheap either.

'bout time.

thanks king headz !

RC Qualifier
    Excellent! And they were smart enough not too machine the surronding area all the way thru like the STRC mount which lets dirt into the slipper area.

RC poster
    sweet think I'll order one, this is cheaper than paying to have my STRC milled out and buying boca bearings!!!!!!!!!!!

RC Champion
    I want one and I don't even have a Slash ! But after reading all these problems regarding the blown out bearing, this looks like the solution. Anyone checked to see if Boca etc., has that size bearing in the super high end sealed, ceramic series ?
    3905 E-MAXX

RC Qualifier
    "If you build it, they will buy"

I swear, I must be one of a few who has never had a problem with the stock size bearing.
    Censorship is wrong

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigV

I swear, I must be one of a few who has never had a problem with the stock size bearing.
    I said that on this forum one day after having my truck for three months, the next time I ran it the center bearing siezed. And this was 10 minutes after I took it apart and cleaned it and lubed it (I was running on a very dusty playground)... So knock on wood!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by BT_EMT
    I want one and I don't even have a Slash ! But after reading all these problems regarding the blown out bearing, this looks like the solution. Anyone checked to see if Boca etc., has that size bearing in the super high end sealed, ceramic series ?
    They do make the bearing.
    I just got it.
    I am excirted to get one of these

RC Champion
    Hmmm... just days ago we were willing a company to do this
    PLEASE do not PM me and immediately go offline :p

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by SirSlash4x4
    Hmmm... just days ago we were willing a company to do this
    I want a nuclear powered Slash 4x4!

No more recharging batteries
    Censorship is wrong

RC Champion
    I want a nuclear powered Slash 4x4!

No more recharging batteries
    No, no, no... you have to say it like this...

Boy, we are all having so many problems with these terribe batteries, and recharging them is such a pain... <SIGH> If only some generous company would to be so kind as to offer a nuclear powered Slash 4x4, I'm sure everyone on this forum would buy one at double price....

RC Enthusiast
    so does this also replace the slipper bearing adapter. because I was just about to order one of the KH Meatal ones and a bearing. this looks like a much better fix!
    Bandit xl-5
    Slash 4x4 VXL

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by SirSlash4x4
    No, no, no... you have to say it like this...

Boy, we are all having so many problems with these terribe batteries, and recharging them is such a pain... <SIGH> If only some generous company would to be so kind as to offer a nuclear powered Slash 4x4, I'm sure everyone on this forum would buy one at double price....
    Considering the amount of people on this site that don't understand how to maintain their rig, I fear for the day that RC's are powered by mini nuclear reactors.

"Hey guys, my ESC went into nuclear meltdown, any way to stop it before it takes out the surrounding 100 city blocks?"

Turbo in the front, groceries in the back.

RC Champion
    Hey, hey, slow down Turbowop, we're just settling down from the horrible bending axle tragedy

RC Qualifier

I second this statement. I just keep it clean and all seems to go well for me. Although now it will probably go out on me now that I say this.
    Slash 4x4 ultimate MMM 2650

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by rjames
    I second this statement. I just keep it clean and all seems to go well for me. Although now it will probably go out on me now that I say this.
    I'm tired of the cleaning business, too much for me. I simply replace the bearing all the time. Getting a bit costly though, it's like having another gear to strip

RC Qualifier
    Ill be getting one. I already have there bearing adapter. this with a boca bearing would be sweet.
    Owner of: 1/10 Slash 4x4 Platinum Edition

RC Competitor
    I give these guys Kudos for addressing a need in a vehicle that (to me) really isnt in their specialty.
    I mean, honestly...where was STRC and TRX on that one?

How hard could it be if you're already making the mounts, to open up the bearing hole to accept a little larger one???

RC Enthusiast
    I will be ordering one on thursday. I will be the guinea pig and let you know how it goes. Altho I am not sure when they will ship it. Just to confirm if I am using the slipper I do not need the KH slipper bearing adapter? this item should take the place of both?
    Bandit xl-5
    Slash 4x4 VXL

RC Qualifier
    no this doesnt take place of both. the bearing adapter hold the bearing on the slipper.
    Owner of: 1/10 Slash 4x4 Platinum Edition

i ordered one. the price of the mount and bearings i can deal with, the $7.95 s&h i think is a little much.

RC Qualifier
    Is this the best solution for those using the center diff?

Mine just starting making a stripped gear sound today after running in dusty conditions...I looked at where the drive shaft connects to the center difff and I can see a small ring of melted plastic sliding around on my drive shaft and the housing for the bearing looks kinda bumpy.

I wanted to get the cheap little $7 bearing holder thingy that they already made, but someone said you can only use that with the slipper assembly.

Is there any other option for the center diff users?

THanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bmuncie
    Is this the best solution for those using the center diff?

Mine just starting making a stripped gear sound today after running in dusty conditions...I looked at where the drive shaft connects to the center difff and I can see a small ring of melted plastic sliding around on my drive shaft and the housing for the bearing looks kinda bumpy.

I wanted to get the cheap little $7 bearing holder thingy that they already made, but someone said you can only use that with the slipper assembly.

Is there any other option for the center diff users?

THanks!
    an alloy mount with a good bearing is about it, and by the time you do that you're 3/4 to the price of this.

RC Qualifier
    Mine has been ordered. Although I have yet to have any issues with my Boca 5x15x5 bearing in the Traxxas mount, I still feel the need to have the newest option

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by bmuncie

THanks!
    The bearing adapter is only used with the slipper assy.

RC Racer
    This really does look to be a good fix.... although I just ordered my 5X15x5's they are not even here yet...

RC Qualifier
    I just ordered mine!

They tell me they are getting them back from being anodized(hopefully Wednesday) and shipping out all the pre-orders Priority Mail.

If all goes well, I could have mine by the weekend.

Comes to about $42 shipped.

RC Enthusiast
    I also ordered mine after melting the bearing bushing, spring & bearing together. While I was at it I ordered the complete green seal Boca bearings plus this bearing. I should be set for a while.

RC Qualifier
    Just took the rear end off my slash...turns out the plastic motor mount was fine...the problem was that the bearing had melted to the center diff housing!!!

Sooooooo, now that I spent $40+ on the aluminum motor mount, I still have to replace the center diff housing and hope that doesnt happen again...even with the new motor mount.

Grrrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by turbowop
    Considering the amount of people on this site that don't understand how to maintain their rig, I fear for the day that RC's are powered by mini nuclear reactors.

"Hey guys, my ESC went into nuclear meltdown, any way to stop it before it takes out the surrounding 100 city blocks?"

Well lets just hope integy isn't one with the idea. Customer: "Hey my Slash just went into nuclear meltdown using your reactor. Is that covered under Warranty?" Integy: "Ummm please hold". Customer: "waits for 30mins" Integy:" We're sorry, but we will not cover that under Warranty b/c it was user error. Goodbye" Using they Skynet voice.
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast