Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallguy905
    $10.95 shipping for me (Ontario) that crazy for something that fit in a std. envelope. It's also 1/3 the price. What the ????
    Sure they could ship it for $3 in a plain envelope, but that would be First Class Mail and they would have no proof you received it leaving them open to a chargeback.

RC Qualifier
    $4.50 for shipping to WA only $1.50 more than if i would have bought it local and paid sales tax. not to mention when you've already spent hundreds on these trucks what's a few bucks extra for shipping.. come on.. absolutely worth it. don't forget it comes with $10+ worth of bearings..
    slash 4x4

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Telnets
    when mine seized (THE FIRST DAY!! COMMON TRAXXAS!) i just bought some HPI metal sealed "High Speed" bearings.. they worked ever since and never seized. Only bought them because they were the right size and the LHS had them in stock.. but i didnt have a single problem with them after a number of packs..

Ive recently gone to the Bocca bearing and eliminated the whole little plastic wedge piece all together, but i only did that expecting the HPI bearing to fail like the TRX one did..

So could just be that the TRX bearings arnt up to the job.. and theres not really a huge problem at all if you swap to a better bearing

I mean mods/hop-ups like this are great, but for thoes waiting around for orders and such, might be something to keep in mind
    does just buying the bocca bearing completly get rid of the plastic adapter or is there some thing else that needs to be bought? do you have a part number? i really want this solved.

RC Qualifier
    I've been thinking about getting one of these, but I already have brand new STRC and the Traxxas alloy motor mount. But I'll probably break down and get one after the next bearing failure.

RC Racer
    Just got mine today and nice work. Guess if I had one complaint its why they put all the purty carving and logo on the backside? lol
    Slash 4x4: Work in Progress

RC Qualifier
    Looks good, I just ordered one along with the alloy bearing adapter.

RC Racer
    So for you using this now what motor plate are you using? All I have the cheapy looking stock one thats thin and all blue, like to get something a little better?
    Slash 4x4: Work in Progress

RC poster

Ordered one

Just ordered bearing adapter and motor mount from king headz. Sick of seized bearings. Almost sold slash 4x4 because if it. Let you know how well it works. Also flm makes one with alum diff housing butvit uses a different size bearing, larger than stock 8x19x5 i think rcbros has em for $57 and work with center diff or slipper
    Checkout my youtube page at macksara29

RC Champion
    Yeah for King Headz, and to FLM right behind them but with a complete fix plus axles, CVD's, alum diff, etc.

http://www.fastlanemachine.net/proddetail.php?prod=FLM26200&cat=31

3905 E-MAXX

RC Qualifier
    What I don't get about the FLM solution above is the bearing size of 8x16x5.

The Kingheadz uses a 10x19x5.

Wouldn't we opt for the larger bearing?

RC Enthusiast
    yeah i went with the bigger one,just installed king headz mount,looks sweet and install was a breeze. great time to clean things up back there again. can't wait to test at this weekends race!!!

RC Racer
    Kingheadz motor mount with the FLM diff case may be the best option? since they both work with stock parts they should fit together?

Would that be overkill?.....I was thinking even if the larger bearing failed the metal housing may be reusable and get you back in the race.
    Emaxx,E-Revo,4x4 Slash,2-Blitz's,Firestorm,Mini T

RC Qualifier
    I was thinking that too utah - kinda like the best of both worlds.

RC Qualifier
    uh oh ....... was running last night when my truck locked up (tires wouldn't spin at all ) shut it down , dissasembled the slipper and rear end . the ball bearing was not spinning on the slipper bearing , and it was stuck on tight . wasn;t anything jammed in there but I cleaned it good and reassembled . that huge bearing was ok just locked up apparently ??
    ERBE - 8ight T/E - Kyosho Inferno

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by mass-tmaxx
    uh oh ....... was running last night when my truck locked up (tires wouldn't spin at all ) shut it down , dissasembled the slipper and rear end . the ball bearing was not spinning on the slipper bearing , and it was stuck on tight . wasn;t anything jammed in there but I cleaned it good and reassembled . that huge bearing was ok just locked up apparently ??
    Actually, that brings up a related question: how good are the bearings that King Headz includes with their mount? I was thinking it might be good to upgrade that one with something from Boca.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by phlegm
    Actually, that brings up a related question: how good are the bearings that King Headz includes with their mount? I was thinking it might be good to upgrade that one with something from Boca.
    While it's not the same size, I had the Boca 5x15x5 bearing in place of the stock center bearing and it seized up on me as well.

RC Racer
    I've been using the original bearing that came with the King Headz mount for over a month and have not had a problem with it yet. But like any bearing, I am not going forget about it and never inspect it. If you get in the habit of not inspecting things that's how you get screwed on race day!

RC Qualifier
    Have you run it dry dusty sandy conditions?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by markturbo
    Have you run it dry dusty sandy conditions?
    Yep, look at my pics on page 2 of this thread. You can see the grit on my chassis and see how my spur gear is getting sand blasted. My spur gear is original from when I purchased my platnium in Janurary! But I do see way more fine dust than sand though.

RC Racer
    I ordered the KH setup and FLM diff cup. Would have went with FLM complete kit, but bearing size is unclear. Can't wait for them to arrive. KH comes with 2 bearings as well; according to their site

i ordered the KH setup too. can't wait for it to be here.
    One mans garbage is another mans ungarbage" -Ricky

RC Qualifier
    Me three. Ordered the KH mount and FLM diff cup.

RC Qualifier
    I just recieved my KH mount today. Quality seems real nice.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by jathomas3
    I just recieved my KH mount today. Quality seems real nice.
    +1 to everything you said

i just went to flm and they updated the bearing size; same as KH's now. could have got the total package and saved a few$. oh well; KH looks nicer from what i can tell in the pics and looking at my KH in person

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage03
    So for you using this now what motor plate are you using? All I have the cheapy looking stock one thats thin and all blue, like to get something a little better?
    Traxxas does have one that is slightly thicker and still blue. Not sure of the part #. But they are readily available. Not sure if that one is a big deal though. I think the stock one is OK.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage03
    Im using the STRC plate in plain alloy finish.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by INFRNL
    i just went to flm and they updated the bearing size; same as KH's now. could have got the total package and saved a few$. oh well;
    Doh - at least they are listening to customer feedback. I wonder if they modified the part to accomodate a larger bearing, or if the original bearing size quoted was a typo.

RC Qualifier
    striking jealousy into the hearts of all onlookers!
    Do y'all think there could be a potential problem using a larger bearing? You see the bearing housing at the bottom is alot thinner then before, when they use the larger bearing they took away some of the material that could create a weak spot. Maybe that's why FLM didn't go big .
    I got skills!

RC Qualifier
    has anyone bothered using traxxas's aluminum motor mount yet ? I just wonder how it works with disapating the heat and bearing life and all , even though you still have to use the 5119 smaller bearing .
    ERBE - 8ight T/E - Kyosho Inferno

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by fastman
    Do y'all think there could be a potential problem using a larger bearing? You see the bearing housing at the bottom is alot thinner then before, when they use the larger bearing they took away some of the material that could create a weak spot. Maybe that's why FLM didn't go big .

IMO I don't think so. It's not a weight bearing point and the aluminum is plenty to hold the bearing plus it's being cradled (supported) by the chassis itself.

RC Qualifier
    I modified my stock plastic housing to fit the larger bearing since this wasn't out when I did it. Even my plastic housing is just fine. No worries about the smaller amount of material under the bearing.
    Turbo in the front, groceries in the back.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by mass-tmaxx
    has anyone bothered using traxxas's aluminum motor mount yet ? I just wonder how it works with disapating the heat and bearing life and all , even though you still have to use the 5119 smaller bearing .
    I have the Traxxas mount in one of my trucks and it does seem to help dissipate the heat a fair amount. The Traxxas aluminum mount and a Boca 5x15x5 would problably be good for guys who already have bought the Traxxas mount.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jathomas3
    I have the Traxxas mount in one of my trucks and it does seem to help dissipate the heat a fair amount. The Traxxas aluminum mount and a Boca 5x15x5 would problably be good for guys who already have bought the Traxxas mount.
    I have that setup along with an STRC motor plate and the Boca bearing still seized.

RC Qualifier
    I just ordered two of these for my trucks, I can't wait to get rid of that small bearing in the motor mount I currently have (stock). Are any of you packing the bearing with grease prior to using, or are you just oiling it and going? With the fine dust and sand over here, I am wondering if packing the bearings with grease will make a difference.
    "Obedience alone gives the right to command."

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Sierra 008
    I just ordered two of these for my trucks, I can't wait to get rid of that small bearing in the motor mount I currently have (stock). Are any of you packing the bearing with grease prior to using, or are you just oiling it and going? With the fine dust and sand over here, I am wondering if packing the bearings with grease will make a difference.
    Iv'e been using wheel bearing grease to pack the bearing. Seems to have atleast doubled the time between cleanings....So yes it'll make a difference....

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by INFRNL
    +1 to everything you said

i just went to flm and they updated the bearing size; same as KH's now. could have got the total package and saved a few$. oh well; KH looks nicer from what i can tell in the pics and looking at my KH in person
    not that it matters because I don't get anything for it, but I was the reason they changed it The reason? I called Mike at RC Monster to order the Aluminum Diff Cup to find out if it would work with the KH motormount, he called Jamie told him my situation since i really wanted to be able to use the larger Bearing. Mike called me back and was really glad I had called. After discussing it with Jamie at FLM, they realized that it will now be universal by going to the bigger bearing rather than having to choose one or the other. It's now a win/win/win for everybody. I think because of this, a lot of people who are using the KH motor mount will be going to the Aluminum Diff Cup from FLM, whereas before this change, they wouldn't be able to. I'm not completely understanding of why they couldn't before, but they thought enough of it that they FLM made a change. I had no idea that my phone call would inspire such changes, but they were both really glad that I made the call, so I am too, even if I don't really fully grasp why changes needed to be made hehehe
    Slash 4x4 PE - MMM 2650, Losi 8ight 2.0 Shocks

RC Qualifier
    OK, now you're hurting my brain.

You are suggesting that the KZ mount would not work with the original FLM diff cup. I think several of us have ordered that combination.

That doesn't make sense, since:
    1. The KZ mount works with the stock (plastic) diff.
    2. The FLM diff cup is a direct replacement for the stock diff.

So, I don't understand how the 2 wouldn't work together from the beginning.

got my KH mount yesterday. very impressed.

mine came in 2 parts with an extra bearing. make sure you assemble the top part with the mount or else you'll have to do it twice. just waiting on my CVDs now.
    One mans garbage is another mans ungarbage" -Ricky

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by markturbo
    I have that setup along with an STRC motor plate and the Boca bearing still seized.
    Just out of curiousity, was that a green seal Boca?

RC Qualifier
    Mine just arrived today! Very impressed with how fast KingHeadz shipped. rcboca on the other hand, is Slow! I ordered a couple things a day before the KingHeadz adapter and it still says "waiting to ship" on my account for this order. I love paying an extra couple $$ for priority mail and them not even shipping it out yet. Not impressed at all with them so far.

Sorry, rant over, lol. But this KingHeadz mount looks VERY NICE! Hope it holds up well and lowers temps a little.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast