RC Racer

Wheelies, what's the point!!!

Title says it all. It's just my $.02, but I don't understand why so many people want their Slash to wheelie. It's cool for about 2 seconds.

I had a 'pede previously, and that is precisely why I got rid of it.

So......for those of you that want to wheelie, buy a 'pede, and you can wheelie alllllll day long.

Again, just my $.02 so don't bash me for my opinion.

I agree. I have never seen a real short course truck do a wheelie. I can run a full 3s pack in my Slash and never see a wheelie (but I also do not have it set up to wheelie).

If I want to do wheelies I'll get the Rustler out. Still even on that truck the wheelies are controllable.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I think the problem is there are alot of people who buy the wrong truck. They buy a slash and want a monster truck. Or they buy a Stampede and want a race truck. If your buying it with the intention of modding it into something else thats one thing. But alot of people walk into the store and say, oh... that looks cool... and buy one or the other... but what they really wanted isnt what they got.
    Just MY .02... at the same time, if someone likes wheelies and likes slash thats entirely up to them and is a great part of the sport IMO.

RC Racer
    Personally I don't even get why people want the speeds some of these Brushless/lipo vehicles are getting. The speed is cool don't get me wrong but it's too much for most types of places you drive. All I see is videos of guys just touching the throttle and then feathering it so the truck doesn't flip over at 40 miles an hour. It's kind of like nitro....Just too insane for my liking. As I've always said, I want to be driving , not fixing...But it's here to stay thats for sure. To each his/her own!

RC Qualifier
    i don't understand the point of wheelies either! it's bacsically like saying "oh look i cant control my truck with the front wheels off the ground" wheelies are cool the first few time but after a while they get old and unnessisary.
    i do tighten my slipper a bit when there are people around because it's cool listening to them say "holy cow that's AWESOME!"
    Your nitro is fat...It ate my Brushless Dust!!!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    THATS why I like wheelies. You can be the best driver ever but when a few 6 year old kids show up... they think your a hero when you can wheelie the whole way across the parking lot. Im not saying its proof of skill... its just perceived proof of skill to the uneducated.

RC Champion
    All you guys have valid points. I agree to some extent, that there's no point in making an SC truck do a wheelie and blistering speed above 50mph or so. I only race with my Slash, so yes these things are pointless in a competitive mod class races. However just to be fair, I'm trying to answer this in a different perspective:

1. Why do wheelie or top speed runs? Answer, because you CAN Some Slash owners see these as achievements especially on a truck with such a long wheelbase and parachute like body.

2. Why put brushless power? If you race mod class,on 2s Lipo, the power and huge torque reserve that your truck has means it's easier to momentarily break rear traction during cornering when the truck tends to push and kinda 'swing' the tail around on slow tight twistys. This is notable on high bite pin race tires. The instant torque also mean it's much easier to throttle correct midflight when the truck tends to nosedive and make a clean 4 wheeled landings.

My 0.02 really
    Myth busted: Blitz is not faster on the track.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    rollseyes....

wheelies can be fun too....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5chMpPEdsgI

my revo wheelies well, with that truck I like seeing how far I can wheelie without touching the wing down, it takes a whole different skill set.

RC Racer

Smile

My R$0.02 (I'm from Brazil, so R$ LOL)

When you bash, what do you want? Fun right??

The weelies is one more thing to LOL loud!!! The people around you will be with their mouth open before see a weelie!! And IT is very funny

About the brushless, it is easy, low maintence, this is my reason
    eZrun ESC 60A+4000kv / 2x lipo 5000mah *******

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by defeatest
    Personally I don't even get why people want the speeds some of these Brushless/lipo vehicles are getting. The speed is cool don't get me wrong but it's too much for most types of places you drive. All I see is videos of guys just touching the throttle and then feathering it so the truck doesn't flip over at 40 miles an hour. It's kind of like nitro....Just too insane for my liking. As I've always said, I want to be driving , not fixing...But it's here to stay thats for sure. To each his/her own!
    I'm totally on the same page on this one

...and when it comes to wheelies: fun to change your setup and have them once or twice to entertain yourself, other than that NO NEED
    The Most Bashable/Washable Truck of the Year

RC poster
    Fun thats the only point of RC's period

Its cool that a truck like that can do that.
    I broke it again . . . \_(ツ)_/

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by BBCorvette18
    Fun thats the only point of RC's period
    not to some people. there are some guys that i race with that are in it to win. and they dont have any fun. they yell and blame people when they dont get first. needless to say we have fun making them DNF.

i really hope there's no one like that on this forum, those people ruin the hobby.
    Slash 4x4 MMP-HV 5.5
    Slash Sidewinder SC 3800kv

Quote Originally Posted by FSTR4x4
    i really hope there's no one like that on this forum, those people ruin the hobby.
    I was kind of thinking the same thing about this kind of person....

Quote Originally Posted by FSTR4x4
    we have fun making them DNF
    and you wonder why they are mad and yelling?!?!? Do that at any track around here you will get yourself banned from the track.
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 07-15-2010 at 07:05 PM.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Competitor
    this whole thread has opinion written all over it...
    whats a brake peddle???

RC Champion
    I don't care for wheelies, either.

I like the power on the ground and being in complete control.
    ◄▲▼► SUMMIT ●○●○● 2 RUSTLER VXL's ●○●○● MERV ◄▲▼►

RC Qualifier
    IMO, just because your truck can wheelie doesnt mean you have to, but i sure enjoy having the power on tap to do as i will. I love when im racing on the street and accelerating hard so the front tires are about an inch off the ground without dragging the bumper. This to me is a perfect and skilled launch. I LOVE being right on the edge of losing control though. Do or die kinda thing, ya know? What a rush.
    Mr nitro? Not since going brushless!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj
    I was kind of thinking the same thing about this kind of person....

and you wonder why they are mad and yelling?!?!? Do that at any track around here you will get yourself banned from the track.
    well when you run for weeks and all they do is yell at you for accidentally bumping them it kinda gets old. plus they arent the best of drivers and take up the entire track so you cant pass. If they're gunna be like that then i am going to take them out. and its not like we just start hitting them left and right for no reason. if you raced with these guys you wouldnt even go there. which is also why one of them is currently banned from the track for 4 weeks. that was from yelling at a kid for bumping them when passing. they both do it every race and the owner got very sick of it because people werent showing up any more.

but this is all off topic.........i have done wheelies for 1 day but by the end of it my driveshafts were egged out and my tires were worn. so i havent done them since. however if there wasnt as much damage to the truck i think i would do them more often.
    Slash 4x4 MMP-HV 5.5
    Slash Sidewinder SC 3800kv

RC Racer
    my stock slash loves doing wheelies when i dont want it to esecially going down hills it sucks
    HOOAH!!

FSTR4X4 you can justify what you said and apparently do however you want but in my eyes taking someone out intentionally is just plain WRONG. No matter how bad these guys are stooping lower than them is never going to be right in my eyes. You simply become part of the problem not a cure for it and give these guys justification for their own bad behavior.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer
    I think the problem is there are alot of people who buy the wrong truck. They buy a slash and want a monster truck. Or they buy a Stampede and want a race truck. If your buying it with the intention of modding it into something else thats one thing. But alot of people walk into the store and say, oh... that looks cool... and buy one or the other... but what they really wanted isnt what they got.
    Just MY .02... at the same time, if someone likes wheelies and likes slash thats entirely up to them and is a great part of the sport IMO.
    Thats what I see too. I wanted something fast and *****, I got a Slash...
    My brother wanted something big, and monster-truck-y... so he got an Emaxx...
    I love my Slash, and hate he way his truck controlls. He loves his and hates mine.
    We thought good and hard, and it took us about a month or two to decide wich to get...

I could never imagine wanting to do a wheelie with my Slash (even with a BL setup, it never has)... My brother pulls wheelies in his emaxx all the time. The only use I see for them is if you are hanging out with people who don't know what your truck is capable of, and it would just be "hey, check this out"... *wheelie* "Oh thats kinda cool"
    I am lucky I don't have any money.