Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote at the very bottom of the auction details
    "MY DISTRIBUTOR SAID THEY WILL BE IN VERY LIMITED SUPPLY AND I WILL HAVE THEM FRIDAY 07/30/10 SO BUY NOW ONLY HAVE A FEW LEFT AVAILABLE THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I just wish it was a quote from Tower because thats where mine is on order

RC Racer
    whether its late Aug or late Sept or even Jan 1 im still going to get one traxxas makes very nice machines and i will wait for them to fix the problem. i will get mine for close to 300 thru tower so you cant beat that price $60 off any order of $300 or more and $15 tower hobbies store credit when i ordered my ax10 this past winter. i might even wait to see if the price drops then i will order it with 2 bigger batteries and get $80 or $100 off the order.

Edited for bypassing the language filter.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 07-27-2010 at 09:44 AM.

RC Qualifier
    I was hoping it would be released on time so ppl could post the best setup etc.. I want one but limited funds are holding me back atm.

I was planning on getting some 2s *****s for my summit, they will be a good set to learn how to not capsize this bad boy. I'm sure 3s will be hard to control with no experience.

RC Enthusiast
    Sorry for the bad topic... and sad to say but I did cancel my order. I still tip my hat to Traxxas for pushing the release date rather than let all us customers come upon a faulty product and cause more harm in the future. ANYWAY I got a yellow Summit instead so when i do get my Titan I will have a proper truck to tow it

Thanks Traxxas for being so addicting... haha
    **T-MAXX 3.3**1/16 MINI REVO**SUMMIT**

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by djmaincheese
    Quote at the very bottom of the auction details
    "MY DISTRIBUTOR SAID THEY WILL BE IN VERY LIMITED SUPPLY AND I WILL HAVE THEM FRIDAY 07/30/10 SO BUY NOW ONLY HAVE A FEW LEFT AVAILABLE THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I just wish it was a quote from Tower because thats where mine is on order
    Thant's funny!
    First MiniSlash
    HK6XL Revo 4s 60mph Amsoil dealer

RC Qualifier
    Traxxas said that if there is a delay then they will post it on there site. It still says late July...............

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Is it a rule that all new members DONT read the rules or something? Nitro Chicken is the boss... and the rules clearly state that bashing traxxas, its employees or its products is not allowed... those are the rules, like them or not. Breaking the rules means nitro chicken has to remind everyone of what they are as he did in his post.

Are ANY of us happy about having to wait? No! Would it be better for traxxas to NOT release a product until its ready for sale (fully tested)... my opinion is that yes, it would be better to have no more than a 30 day gap between releasing and shipping product. That way, if a problem does arise, you dont have people who have already waited months, now having to wait longer. BUT... this isnt how traxxas chooses to do it, and this is a traxxas forum run by traxxas employees and hosted by traxxas... so guess what... we follow the traxxas rules here.

RC Qualifier
    ^^^ Hey pavment, you're really passionate about this whole situation/reactions huh...anywho...just wanted to clarify something...you keep mentioning that 'Nitro Chicken' is the boss...well he's not the only 'boss' around here. There's arceeguy, carraig042, hoovdog, ksb51rl, Misbehavin' and cooleocool, just to name a few.
    **I hope there are RCs in Heaven; EMBE + 6S FTW!**

Oh yeah, I understand that... but like in any company that has multiple bosses... hes one of them. I just know that I got in trouble as a new user for being mouthy and arguing with the Mods... I also have come to understand the importance of everyone following the same set of rules. It bothers me that some people feel the rules dont apply to them. After spending alot of time on many RC forums I like the fact that things stay respectful and under control here. I want that to continue. Im as disappointed as anyone about a delay in the Titan... I live on a lake and its always calm. But thats no reason to circumvent the rules.

Traxxas Marshal
    Quote Originally Posted by makaveli72
    ...well he's not the only 'boss' around here. There's arceeguy, carraig042, hoovdog, ksb51rl, Misbehavin' and cooleocool, just to name a few.
    The almighty chicken is the head boss... the king of the roost, if you will.

I'm just a volunteer who helps to enforce the rules.

At any rate, I'm leaving that post by Tana for NC to deal with...
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by tana
    1st time here in over 5 years with an interest in the titan. Sir you need to unpuff your chest. I believe these people are current and future customers. In a saddened economy customers are what is needed most. I hate to see anyone lose their job and end up in the unemployment line. I'm sure there are not a lot of openings for Internet Idiot.
    Please re read what you quoted. Your post is completely out of context and has little to no bearing on the subject. Were you trying to quote something else? One word about personal attacks. Donít. I am sorry if that is not clear enough but I canít make it any clearer. If you do not understand why you should receive points for that then I suggest not posting at all until you have taken the time to read through the forum rules. You agreed to them and we do enforce them.
    "Fortunately son, I says fortunately I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency!"
    Foghorn Leghorn

RC Qualifier
    Guys I am glad that they are delaying it. I have had way too many bad ESCs or other issues, Now when I get this boat I Hopefully will not have to swim to it, I can walk across the ice :>) Joking.
    havnt failed I just found 1000 ways that wont work

Ill be out with a chainsaw cutting a big hole in the ice so I can run it... at least I know it wont overheat... hehe

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by RcPocketRocket
    Guys I am glad that they are delaying it. I have had way too many bad ESCs or other issues, Now when I get this boat I Hopefully will not have to swim to it, I can walk across the ice :>) Joking.
    Oh man that's awesome!
    First MiniSlash

RC Champion
    If anyone that will be frozen in by ice, you can send your boat to me and I will test it for you, and send pics and vid. I can do pool, lake, or ocean...
    Yes living in FL has it's benefits... LOL

I really don't understand why people get so upset over simple posts. Some of you are just a bunch of cry babies. Boo Hoo, it is delayed, Boo Hoo, Nitro Chicken hurt my feelings because I read too much into what his SIMPLE point. May I suggest that you whiners GROW UP ? If you didn't catch the sarcasm of Nitro Chicken, well too bad, get over it. I've been around here for a long time, and Nitro's post was just fine for any reasonably competent person, who can read sarcasm, and some humor into a comment. If you can't handle the mental torment of Nitro Chicken, please go to another forum, where someone will give you happy happy joy joy comments... GAWD... pathetic...

Now it will be interesting to see if the whiners will now cry the BT is a big meany, he hurt my feelings, he is ganging up with Nitro Chicken and Cooleo and KSB ...

Here are my top 3 suggestions.
    1. Deal with it.
    2. Leave what is really the most polite, best behaved forum around.
    3. See #1.
    3905 E-MAXX

Traxxas Marshal
    I love you BT EMT .

Just don't tell my girlfriend!
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Competitor
    @BT EMT
    No personal attacks will be allowed. Youíre welcome to disagree with another memberís opinion but attacking (flaming) and insulting another member is not acceptable. Intentionally starting flame wars could cause your community privileges to be revoked.

Watch yourself in your last post please!!!

"where someone will give you happy happy joy joy comments... GAWD... pathetic... "

These are the only kind of posts the moderators on this forum will not delete!

Have a good day!

Davidb, from the very beginning of this thread it is clear that you have been taking it as a personal insult or attack on your self. I have also clearly stated otherwise. The thread was not about you nor was my post directed at you. With your continued posts, all of which clearly display your discontent, it is becoming about you. This post in particular is pointed directly at you. Leave it alone. Post in a different thread and be happy. Making positive posts in this thread has so far been beyond your willpower or ability. I am sorry if I touched a sensitive spot with you. On the other hand if the shoe fits wear it.
    This thread serves a valid purpose. Do not try to re-direct it or make it about something it is not. This is my first and only post on the subject and if you can take a gentle hint you will easily avoid the issues involved with pursuing an untenable agenda on our message board.
    "Fortunately son, I says fortunately I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency!"
    Foghorn Leghorn

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by BT_EMT
    If anyone that will be frozen in by ice, you can send your boat to me and I will test it for you, and send pics and vid. I can do pool, lake, or ocean...
    Yes living in FL has it's benefits... LOL

I really don't understand why people get so upset over simple posts. Some of you are just a bunch of cry babies. Boo Hoo, it is delayed, Boo Hoo, Nitro Chicken hurt my feelings because I read too much into what his SIMPLE point. May I suggest that you whiners GROW UP ? If you didn't catch the sarcasm of Nitro Chicken, well too bad, get over it. I've been around here for a long time, and Nitro's post was just fine for any reasonably competent person, who can read sarcasm, and some humor into a comment. If you can't handle the mental torment of Nitro Chicken, please go to another forum, where someone will give you happy happy joy joy comments... GAWD... pathetic...

Now it will be interesting to see if the whiners will now cry the BT is a big meany, he hurt my feelings, he is ganging up with Nitro Chicken and Cooleo and KSB ...

Here are my top 3 suggestions.
    1. Deal with it.
    2. Leave what is really the most polite, best behaved forum around.
    3. See #1.
    I love it!
    my 1. was I got over the Titan delay because this stuff happens and I'm a big boy
    my 2. was I bought a Rio 51z with the Titan cash
    my 3. is I will still buy a Traxxas Titan when they come available because I think for the price of this hull for what it comes with is a killer deal!
    First MiniSlash

RC Champion
    Film,
    You are amazing ! You decided you didn't want to wait, and you did something about it, and got another boat in the mean time, rather than crying about it on the boards!

I think Nitro Chicken should give you a Gold Star for the day for being so reasonable. :-)
    3905 E-MAXX

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Film,
    You are amazing ! You decided you didn't want to wait, and you did something about it, and got another boat in the mean time, rather than crying about it on the boards!

I think Nitro Chicken should give you a Gold Star for the day for being so reasonable. :-)
    Ahhhhh that's awesome!
    First MiniSlash

No gold stars (I am hoarding my gold) but I did remove your points!
    Foghorn Leghorn

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Chicken
    No gold stars (I am hoarding my gold) but I did remove your points!
    Killer!
    What is the price of Gold these days?
    First MiniSlash

RC poster

Only good

Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer
    Seriously thinking about cancelling my order if this is true. It starts to snow in october... What a waste.
    Only good will come if we have patience.I know what your saying tho,maybe Traxxas can send us up here in cold country a icebreaker attachment for the Titan.

Wow... roncat... yeah... you pretty much need that icebreaker all year in Medicine hat.

RC Enthusiast
    I'm getting a Titan when it comes out. In the Winter I'll flip it over on skis and put a prop on it...Instant Airboat!

RC Qualifier
    make sure you get the strut with the bearings in it for that airboat mod.
    Land, Sea & Air, A true RC Addict

RC Champion
    While it is a crying shame that the Titan got delayed, it isn't the end of the world. Sure, some people where winter hits and makes boating less appealing may be affected by this but it isn't like summer and nice weather won't come around again.

Could everyone imagine the outrage if Traxxas actually shipped the boat with a pretty big bug? I would be glad that they didn't send me a defective product.

davidb: Just let it go. There's no use getting upset or saying things that'll result in you getting points on your account. It's just a RC boat and Traxxas is doing what they felt is best for the customers.

All that said, I really am curious what the actual bug is that they ran into. I'm leaning towards an issue with the VXL-6s. By saying "bug" it makes me think software/programming bug.
    E-Maxx 3905 - Rustler 3707 - Slash 5805

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    no bug...............
    First MiniSlash

RC Qualifier
    um, i just wanted some updates on tha boat....am i on the wrong forum?
    Toy List: BL Ed. Revo, RC8,RC8e,B44,T4,

RC Champion
    millerdui,
    There are no updates, Traxxas does not have an official release date yet. Yet for some reason many people have decided to have hissy fits, and cry about it. Traxxas is vey tight lipped on releasing any OFFICIAL info.

The real info is located here :

http://www.traxxas.com/email_subscription/profile.php

http://www.traxxas.com/products/mari...5708_titan.htm

AVAILABLE SEPTEMBER 2010
    Due to unforeseen circumstances, the Titan availability date has been moved from July to September 2010. We know you are counting on Traxxas to give you the fastest, most powerful, and most reliable boat possible; and we needed a little extra time to make sure the Titan meets those expectations. We know summer is going by fast and offer our sincerest apology for the delay. We think in the end though, your wait will be rewarded with a truly fantastic level of performance that’s unlike anything else on the water.

To signup for updates on the Traxxas Titan, click here and select Traxxas Titan updates.
    3905 E-MAXX

....now there isn't even an ad for the Boat on the Homepage anymore
    We are going on our 10th week after the original release date and not a single email update.

RC Champion
    Yeah I noticed that boat has been replaced with 1:1 racing news on the front page. I would just consider this boat for Spring of 2011. Unless you live in the south like me, and can use a boat year round... :-)
    3905 E-MAXX

RC Qualifier
    i don't know of anyone that doesn't beat the heck out of traxxas products and they hold up beyond most expectations. TRX have made their name in the "tough" r/c vehicles class. They can't release a product that may not hold up to veteran traxxas consumer's expectations. I can wait.!
    Toy List: BL Ed. Revo, RC8,RC8e,B44,T4,

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yeah I noticed that boat has been replaced with 1:1 racing news on the front page. I would just consider this boat for Spring of 2011. Unless you live in the south like me, and can use a boat year round... :-)
    Lots of stuff going on with 1:1 racing right now..
    I keep getting updates from Amsoil constantly
    First MiniSlash

RC Enthusiast
    I am actually still hoping that Traxxas staff took a read on one of my earlier post, saw that I had some valid points and decided to make the hull upgradeable to nitro use being that with nitro you could run back to back to back 10 minute nitro runs. Plus if the boat performs well you could easily win over at least 2 or 300 (5% to 10% of the racing market) of the 3 to 4000 boat "RACERS" that would inadvertently end up demonstrating the Traxxas craft at 4 times a day approximately 10 times a year each with high concentration near waterways (the highest concentration of customers for this product) across the country. That's promotion that's much cheaper and a more direct marketing approach than placing ads in R/C Car Magazines. But then again I can see them jumping into the full size SuperBoat Series with a full size version of their own to promote this boat just like they did the Short Track Trucks. But that's an even more expensive marketing endeavor unless they own the series the same way to recoup.

Anyway...

I'd surely be willing to replace my 3 time National Champion Aeromarine with this one for the 2011 National Championship in LA next summer.
    Last edited by nitrobaby; 09-19-2010 at 01:58 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12