RC Racer

Taller tires..... but not wideer????

I have been racing my Emaxx so it has had race/track style tires.....now I got an E-Revo so the E-Maxx is going back to a play/basher truck.

I am running a Hobbywing brushless setup so I have plenty of power...In the winter I plan on putting the EVX-2 and Kershaw 700's back in to play in the snow. I am not worried about gearing I have plenty of pinions all the way down to 9t.

I would like to know what's available in a taller but narrow tire. Most the taller tires seem to be a 40 series and way to wide for my taste. I saw some crawler style tires that were about right.... but the rubber seemed way too soft I dont think they would stand up to the occasional asphalt runs.

So in summary... a taller (approx 7" or so) tire that isnt too wide and that has a dececnt tread life.
    Emaxx,E-Revo,4x4 Slash,2-Blitz's,Firestorm,Mini T

RC Champion
    Generally speaking the only really tall tires are either tall, wide and heavy MT tires (like moabs) or tall, thin and soft crawler type tires (like moab XL).
    Pay It Forward.

RC Champion
    All rc4wd tires are narrow 40 series. Take a look
    http://store.rc4wd.com/categories/Of...res/4.0-Tires/

If you go to the summit gallery you'll see many of these tires on them. They are a little pricey but they are what you were talking about
    Nothin' like a 4 on the floor and a V8

Not to get off topic, but the hobbywing setups are VERY easy to waterproof for the winter. A 5 dollar can of liquid tape and 10 minutes and you can sumberge the truck completely.
    Some like R/C's that are fast, others like nitro

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by streetdemon
    Not to get off topic, but the hobbywing setups are VERY easy to waterproof for the winter. A 5 dollar can of liquid tape and 10 minutes and you can sumberge the truck completely.

thanks didnt know that

RC Racer
    I was thinking of sealing up the board since I really dont have a warranty anyway....but I hate to burn up that much $ if I dont get it good enough.

The kershaws should have enough juice for the winter bashing.

I found some IMEX tires that are 7" tall and narrow and fit a 3.2 wheel with an OK tread design for about $40 for 4. They look like a crawler style....might be as little soft I wish I could feel them before I ordered them.

I may just see if I can pick up a set of Brushless Maxx tires for cheap.......maybe

Any other ideas?...........
    Last edited by utah300run; 07-30-2010 at 07:09 PM.
    Emaxx,E-Revo,4x4 Slash,2-Blitz's,Firestorm,Mini T

RC Champion
    The brushless maxx tires won't last long, they have thin sidewalls and are known to blow out. What about moab 40 series narrow?

Or these, they are 7 in but keep a 3.2 wheel. Look for the 7" in the title or large in the title, those are the big ones
    Nothin' like a 4 on the floor and a V8