RC Racer

How fast will my slash 2wd Go w/ Brushless

Ok I am going to go get the VXL brushless motor tomorrow and I was wondering how much faster the truck would go with it? I want to upgrade to lipo's but i might have to wait another couple weeks. So with the regular 7c NIMH how fast will it go do you guys think?

RC Qualifier
    Fast!!!!!!!

RC Champion
    It will run in the low to mid 30's with the stock gearing. I would guess right around 35mph. My Stock Slash with a VXL ran 34/35 mph on a 2S lipo fresh off the charger so you're should be about the same on 7 cells.
    My mother
    Reba Collins 6/30/52 - 3/1/10 1:13pm

RC Racer
    Sweet. Ok so how fast you think im going now with the stock titan motor?

RC Enthusiast
    I made the swap last week. You wont be disappointed. I'm running 86t spur and the stock pinion (19t I think) and it's great out of the hole. Real quick.
    My initial test run was down our hallway in the house. It spun the tires on the carpet for about 3-4 feet lol
    Top speed all depends on the gearing you're running

RC poster
    your stock slash on 2s brushless will be capable of approximately 32-37.

top speed is a function of how much you want to spend and your imagination. the slope of that line probably becomes asymptotical around the 95 to 100mph mark.

RC Champion
    depends on how you have it setup, but around 35mph
    You can only have 2
    Cheap-Performance-Reliability

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jcuevas1jc1
    The slope of that line probably becomes asymptotical around the 95 to 100mph mark.
    HA, thats halarious. asymptaco.... what?!

RC Competitor

My Speeds

2wd slash with stock motor and included 7cell battery with "speed pinion gear" that also was included will get you 29.4 mph on pavement. 2wd slash with vxl system using either included 7 cell battery or 2s lipo running 56t spur and 16t pinion will get you 37.7 mph on pavement. I cant tell you the top speed with a 3s lipo with the body on because it kept going airborne and flipping at 45.4 mph with alot of throttle left. Too chicken to run it with the body off with the gps. 3s lipo's are the devil to the 2wd slash, but it sure was fun.

RC poster
    Here's a pretty neat tool that will calculate your speed. Just enter your own specs on your truck like pinion & spur size, battery, tire/wheels etc. I'm not sure how acurate it is but it could give an approximate.
    link:
    http://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/_top_speed.html

pretty fast for a truck!
    I broke it again . . . \_(ツ)_/

Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic1074
    HA, thats halarious. asymptaco.... what?!
    He means there will be an asymptote (basically a barrier that can never be crossed by a function, such as the imaginary function of speed=money*imagination for example) that will make all the money and time and imagination in the world impossible to overcome.
    Some like R/C's that are fast, others like nitro

RC Racer
    with a 27-76 gear and a 3s mine ripped two stock tire before I finally gave up...lol never got to top it out but still hit 49mph with a otherwise stock slash....(the phone GPS said 49mph and my truck speedo said 55mph while driving down the road ...but I have to go with the GPS because i have no way of proving other wise)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyF8vZxhTRc

RC Racer
    I've got a 2S, 5800 mah, 25-35C Lipo on my setup, you're never gonna look back for good old 7 cell NiMh! Truck goes way beyond 40, and the battery lasts 3-4 times or even more than the stock battery.
    The Most Bashable/Washable Truck of the Year

RC Racer
    Thanks for the posts guys. Makes me want to go out and buy a lipo and charger now lol but after $150 for the Velineon my wife would kill me lol.

RC poster
    old thread I know, but im getting back into the hobby after 15 years. I've updated a 2wd slash with everything I can. Running a cc 5700kv motor on a 3cell, cc mamba monster 2 esc with capacitors. 78t Spur and 36t pinion. Even running without a body and the truck lowered to keep from flipping at speed I'm only hitting 65mph.

RC Qualifier
    Lol that is awesome, does your motor glow? You will never get into that motors sweet spot with it geared to moon and castle would have a heart attack if they saw there 5700 motor on 3s with a 78/36.

Keep the esc and the battery, buy a 2200-2650kv and go from there.
    40+ RC's, 4 = Traxxas. Doing this since the 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by mosh8877 View Post
    old thread I know, but im getting back into the hobby after 15 years. I've updated a 2wd slash with everything I can. Running a cc 5700kv motor on a 3cell, cc mamba monster 2 esc with capacitors. 78t Spur and 36t pinion. Even running without a body and the truck lowered to keep from flipping at speed I'm only hitting 65mph.
    Your running a 5700kv on 3s, so wrong.
    You're doing this is a truck way to heavy for the motor.
    36/78, holy smokes that 2400kv 3s gearing.
    A 3800kv mmp on 3s might hit 65mph on 3s one quick run at a time.
    I had to learn a lot after my many years out of the rc game as well.
    Your mm2 is fine with a much bigger motor and 6s capable, tho a 3s in a 5700kv trying to move as slash geared 36/78.
    Get a 2400kv to go with your mmp and use this to estimate your speeds.
    A 5700 on 2s geared 17-90 might have a life in a slash, not on 3s.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by mrnfl2 View Post
    Thanks for the posts guys. Makes me want to go out and buy a lipo and charger now lol but after $150 for the Velineon my wife would kill me lol.
    Isn't it easier to ask for forgiveness? Thats ok, you just buy little by little as time goes on, I know sure have. The wife tells me that my boy and me have spent to much already in this hobby and we've only been doing it for just over a year now. And much more to buy down the road.

RC Qualifier
    With leftover parts because you will need to and will love to is upgrading to Lipo batteries.Even before the year is out I have only need to spend about $60 more to get myself a new Slash 2WD because of left over stock parts.I would have 2 complete running Slashes.

I run 30/86 on my 3800kv 2S-50C and think I go over 45MPH.Now this is a good drive train since its not stock and picked up a few more mph since less vibration.