What do you think of the iPhone 4?

This is a thread to talk about the iPhone 4. What do you guys think of it? I've heard that it doesn't have great reception due to the antenna is in the wrong place...

If you would like some news, http://www.tipb.com/

Anyone got it yet? ...lucky...
    I broke it again . . . \_(ツ)_/

RC Champion
    Seems like a nice phone. Few guys I know have them, haven't had any trouble with theirs, seems like a big improvement over the 3GS. I've never been a fan of Apple, and don't plan on buying an iPhone, but I have to say they seem nice. As for the antenna thing, you have to hold the phone in the most uncomfortable, idiotic position in order to get a botched signal, that you literally have to be TRYING to get bad reception. That is all
    BMW E21 323i.. My baby.

RC Racer
    I've got one. in fact im on it right now. I love it! I can't seem to replicate the antenna issue the Apple haters have diagnosed. Its a big improvement over the 3G and 3GS. The screen clarity is unreal. I can't even see individual pixels! The video and picture quality is great, even in complete darkness. great buy!
    Tekin RS+13.5=FAST

RC Qualifier
    Great phone, wish i could have it.... The whole ordeal over the "death grip" "dropping calls" is just alot of nonsense. Everyphone when in various ways will drop calls, lower the signal etc. it is just that the iphone is so widley used that this issue is getting more attention than other phone....
    nuff said...
    -bg7
    i am the most modest man, thats why im better

RC Racer
    terrible, get a Droid, you'll be much happier...
    Cause I'm alive.....Live Wire

Quote Originally Posted by livewire
    why is that? Atleast tell us why it's terrible.
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

The iPhone 4 is a nice looking phone, and great for games. It has a few bugs, but what phone doesn't!

What I don't like is the $30 2G data package that at&t offers for the phone.
    "We know who you are"

Quote Originally Posted by He123321
    The iPhone 4 is a nice looking phone, and great for games. It has a few bugs, but what phone doesn't!

What I don't like is the $30 2G data package that at&t offers for the phone.
    Yes I agree, the 2G package is a waste.

RC Champion
    Using more than 2GB on a cell phone would require a LOT of use.
    There is a very very small percentage of users that consume that much.

I just got back from the Apple Store in an attempt to order one and return the 3GS I bought thirteen days ago. (Needed a phone.) Unfortunately they aren't taking orders any more. I just have to be there when some come in. Sadburger.

Actually there are plenty of people who use the 2gig limit and more.......

assuming they actually get 3g service where they are ( who said that)
    Some like R/C's that are fast, others like nitro

RC Champion
    The number may be relatively large, yes. But the percentage of the whole is low. Their actions are justified and helps out more customers (that can lower their monthly bill) than hurts.

How is it helping anyone? It went from 30 dollars for unlimited to 30 dollars for limited use?

RC Champion
    Don't be so obtuse. A majority of customers were able to lower their bill because of having the option of choosing a more appropriate package based on their own usage.
    Secondary, it encourages more awareness of their plan which fits their budget, which in turn creates a more reliable network.

People always complain that their cell phone company isn't perfect. Sorry, but none of them are. This is AT&T trying to provide what the customer wants. A lower bill (face it $30 data is expensive) and a faster network.

"You can't please all the people all the time."

(PS. If you had unlimited $30 before the change, they are not forcing a new plan on you. Leave it alone and you're still unlimited.)

RC Enthusiast
    Had a droid...hated it. I love Verizon service, but am just about ready to throw in the towel and get an Iphone4 w/ AT&T. Just an awesome piece of equipment.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by streetdemon
    How is it helping anyone? It went from 30 dollars for unlimited to 30 dollars for limited use?
    I heard they had a problem with people streaming lots of video and using all the bandwidth (which they have a limited amount of)

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher
    Don't be so obtuse. A majority of customers were able to lower their bill because of having the option of choosing a more appropriate package based on their own usage.
    Secondary, it encourages more awareness of their plan which fits their budget, which in turn creates a more reliable network.

People always complain that their cell phone company isn't perfect. Sorry, but none of them are. This is AT&T trying to provide what the customer wants. A lower bill (face it $30 data is expensive) and a faster network.

"You can't please all the people all the time."

(PS. If you had unlimited $30 before the change, they are not forcing a new plan on you. Leave it alone and you're still unlimited.)
    Don't be obtuse? How?
    I am not saying it's bad that they offer a lower plan as an option, but I think that them doing away with the unlimited plan is just to make more money. The 30 dollars is what is keeping their customers away from iPhones, plain and simple. They want data, so they offer lower plans to those people who don't want to shell out 30 bucks a month to draw them in. ATT is doing anything they can to keep up with the Android phones, it is KILLING them. Their claim to fame is the iPhone, but Android devices have been selling so well they need to do something to recover. They were basically the ONLY choice for so long for someone who wanted a phone that could do all the apps and whatnot.
    Last edited by streetdemon; 08-07-2010 at 12:35 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by livewire
    im gunna have to agree. its time apple just admits to it ands says that the iphone 4 is the last one and start deveopling new designs. are they gunna have a iphone 4gs or a iphone 7?. dont get me wrong, i think the iphone "brand"is an excellant model of smartphone but is just going....overboard. apple just needs to design a sliding feature in a phone, etc.. my android is pheominal and i love it.

Proud owner of Sprint HTC hero

RC Qualifier
    I love my iPhone 4. I'm on it right now. Apple is pretty awesome because I already got my free case in the mail.
    What am I supposed to write in 50 characters?

If this was real, this would be awesome!

RC Qualifier
    I got one of the last 32 gig 3Gs's in my area and my GF picked up the 4 and aside form the nicer screen it doesnt seem all that amazing of an "upgrade"..

Personaly, i dont see the big deal with it..
    Last edited by Telnets; 08-09-2010 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Telnets
    I got one of the last 32 gig 3Gs's in my area and my GF picked up the 4 and aside form the nicer screen it doesnt seem all that amazing of an "upgrade"..

Personaly, i dont see the big deal with it..
    I've heard that a lot from people who had a 3gs on iOS4. They say it's pretty similar. Then you have other people who when you mention something like that they ramble off the list of upgrades and its like ok.... which ones do you use exactly? Most of the time people don't even know what it means.

Before I get flamed for being an apple-hater...
    I notice the same thing with the new Froyo update for the Droids. People will tell you how great it is who either have the Evo or who have gotten a copy in some questoinable manner. It's the same thing, you ask what's better about it and they tell you "it's faster" or "it's smoother", but ask them how and it's always the same "it just is".

RC Champion
    Finally picked up mine this afternoon. Blazes faster than my tired old 3G. Still images are really nice, and video is just fantastic.

So far, the most handy app? Flashlight. Yikes. That LED is bright!