RC Enthusiast

After running 3S, will I like 2S?

Alright, one of my 3 - 3S packs took a dump on me today, so I need to figure out what battery to buy for my MERV. I have only run 3S, since thats what came with it when I bought it used. The power of the 3S is fun, but most of the time its not useable (not a rookie, have had a Revo 3.3 for years).

That being said, I was thinking about buying some of the SPC 2S packs but I hate to spend money and not know what they will be like. Does the truck still wheely?

If I take my bad pack and remove the bad, swollen, cell. Will that give me a good idea of what the SPC packs will be like?

Thanks!
    Joe

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    spc is an awesome company.... the large wire upgrade they offer is well worth the extra $5

RC Qualifier
    You would like it even more if you put a series connector on them!!!
    MMP-NEU 1112 1.5D 4S MERBE
    BEAST MODE [ON] OFF

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by cch1978
    You would like it even more if you put a series connector on them!!!

i dont think he will like a fried esc...... unless he is running a mamba max pro.....

I have only run the 2s myself. It still wheelies on the road and gravel. Like Jim, I use the SPC ( but no LWU)
    Slash 4x4
    Stampede 4x4
    Stampede 2WD

RC Racer
    As mentioned above SPC lipos rock I've used their 2s 3s and in LWU. Short of Boost packs nothing I've found has more punch or long term quality. Just great all around packs at very reasonable prices.

As for switching from 3s to 2s on a MERV. Good luck with that. For me I can run 2s or 3s in my mini slash all day long and have fun. But in my MERV 2s isn't even an option. I run Dirthawgs and the extended wheelbase and 2s feels like nimh to me any more.

If you decided to go 2s definitely get the LWU package there is a noticeable difference.

RC Champion
    I think it depends on why type of driving you're going to be doing. For example, today I went to my local outdoor track, and even my 2S batteries had a bit more power than I could use.

Still, I plan to get some 3S once I decide on which ones I want, but I won't use them at the track. I think both 2S and 3S have their place.
    ◄▲▼► SUMMIT ●○●○● 2 RUSTLER VXL's ●○●○● MERV ◄▲▼►

RC Enthusiast
    I ended up ordering 3 1600mah 3S *****'s. I just don't think I can let go of the stupid speed this thing has on 3S. For under $45 I have 3 3S batteries on their way. Since I still have two packs, I wasn't in a huge hurry.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by mossman2
    Alright, one of my 3 - 3S packs took a dump on me today, so I need to figure out what battery to buy for my MERV. I have only run 3S, since thats what came with it when I bought it used. The power of the 3S is fun, but most of the time its not useable (not a rookie, have had a Revo 3.3 for years).

That being said, I was thinking about buying some of the SPC 2S packs but I hate to spend money and not know what they will be like. Does the truck still wheely?

If I take my bad pack and remove the bad, swollen, cell. Will that give me a good idea of what the SPC packs will be like?

Thanks!
    Joe
    i still backflip on 2s
    if you want me to i can break your truck for free!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Ok, I just got my revo the other day. I did get the 2s when I bought my truck cuz my hobby store doesnt stock the 3s. I am actually happy that I went that way. The truck is still very fast, yet it is a little more controllable. Now I still am going to get a 3s for "play time" but the majority of my running will be with the 2s.
    My truck sees more air than yours!!!

RC Enthusiast
    I think after seeing how some new 3S lipos work (mine were used and two packs weren't very impressive), I might make an investment in a couple of the 2S packs. I could see how they could be easier to control, plus I need something to put in the car when someone else wants to drive it!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    no one, i don't have lipos yet..... just know that spc is good and their lwu is well worth it