Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Def nice Build!!!

who painted that body? came out really nice!!!
    V Twin Emaxx
    inferno gt2 aka XO1 Destroyer

RC Racer
    Did you have to mod the plastic cover that goes over the spur in order for it to fit over the thicker motor plate? I've considered strengthening that area by just getting a second plate and stacking them up. Thanks!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by kirbysdl View Post
    Did you have to mod the plastic cover that goes over the spur in order for it to fit over the thicker motor plate? I've considered strengthening that area by just getting a second plate and stacking them up. Thanks!
    I've been running double motor plates for a year now and it works great. A little grinding is needed on one plate for the gear cover to fit but its easily done with a dremel and you need longer screws of course.

RC Racer
    Do you epoxy or otherwise stick the two plates together, or do you just let the screws do the work? Thanks!

RC Champion
    The rustler video was awesome! When you gonna post a video of your erevo onroad?

RC Champion
    Do you epoxy or otherwise stick the two plates together, or do you just let the screws do the work? Thanks!
    Nope, all the screws seem to hold them together just fine. U could use some ca if your worried about it though.

I'm at the hospital waiting for our daughter to be born but I posted what I did with pics toward the begining of mistercrashes long erbe thread if you want to see how I did mine
    Last edited by candy76man; 01-25-2011 at 03:49 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Hope all goes well candy76man!
    E-Revo Xerun 150A/Leopard 4282//MBX6-Te MMM/CC1518

RC Enthusiast
    mamba max1,

I didn't see the black chassis on your list. Did you paint yours? Because my revo chassis is gray.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommyplumbr View Post
    Nice ERB you have there! Got a question though....saw a transponder and you listed 3S lipos. How do you race on 6s? I tried it once and was waaaay to much power for me. I have great throttle control while on the track but still couldn't manage it. Plus our track doesnt allow 6s....most we can go is 4s. lol Love the body you put on there.....lightning looks awesome!
    I don't race (no track), not sure what transponder you saw because I don't have one! lol Glad you like the body, I LOVE it. It's the best one that I've painted yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MfizzleS62 View Post
    Def nice Build!!!

who painted that body? came out really nice!!!
    Thanks! I painted it.

I did have to mod it a little, not much. My Dremel made quick work of it.

Quote Originally Posted by anr2442 View Post
    The rustler video was awesome! When you gonna post a video of your erevo onroad?
    Thanks! I'd like to make one soon...been very busy with school lately though. I just made a rotating cam mount that i can't wait to use!

Quote Originally Posted by clank View Post
    mamba max1,

I didn't see the black chassis on your list. Did you paint yours? Because my revo chassis is gray.

I just dyed it black.
    Last edited by mamba max1; 01-25-2011 at 09:46 PM.
    BL E-Revo-After 14months, its done!*
    (yeah right)

RC Qualifier
    Wow nice paint job dude! The lightning is sweet

RC Qualifier
    Thanks!
    (yeah right)

RC poster
    NICE!!! That,s the best build I've seen!
    Mamba MAx1 and Nogas, where could I get a chassis brace like yours (the bar in between the rear shocks)? Thanks.
    Hey go flip my truck back over:)
    ERBE 6s
    MERV 4s

RC Enthusiast
    you want to sell it?

RC poster
    Waw excellent work....Well done!!! Consider to use my stickers on it ...... ;-)
    http://www.yourstickystickers.com
    Last edited by paulina; 04-04-2011 at 02:00 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by revoMoNsTa View Post
    you want to sell it?
    Why do you keep asking if everyone on the forum wants to sell their truck to you, or trade you for an old 2.5 revo & a couple hundred bucks? Keep your for sale/ wanted posts in the traxxas market area, or go to ebay...
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RevoCrew View Post
    NICE!!! That,s the best build I've seen!
    Mamba MAx1 and Nogas, where could I get a chassis brace like yours (the bar in between the rear shocks)? Thanks.
    Thanks! I actually made the carbon fiber mounting plate. I now use a steel revo push rod (the carbon fiber one didn't hold up).

Quote Originally Posted by paulina View Post
    Waw excellent work....Well done!!! Consider to use my stickers on it ...... ;-)
    http://www.yourstickystickers.com
    Hmmmm...just maybe for my charge box. I hate using stickers on bodies...I prefer to use all paint when ever I can.

Quote Originally Posted by revoMoNsTa View Post
    you want to sell it?
    What do you think? I spent 14 months building it. I've only been driving it for 6 months or so and only have the chance to use it about 4 times a month.
    Last edited by mamba max1; 04-04-2011 at 02:18 PM.
    (yeah right)

RC Champion
    Awesome build!!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by mamba max1 View Post
    Thanks! I actually made the carbon fiber mounting plate. I now use a steel revo push rod (the carbon fiber one didn't hold up).

Hmmmm...just maybe for my charge box. I hate using stickers on bodies...I prefer to use all paint when ever I can.

What do you think? I spent 14 months building it. I've only been driving it for 6 months or so and only have the chance to use it about 4 times a month.
    I think not. lol, Drive it like there's no tomorrow. Hey thanks for all the info. You have been cool about answering others questions. I will keep an eye out for more updates.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Warner View Post
    I think not. lol, Drive it like there's no tomorrow. Hey thanks for all the info. You have been cool about answering others questions. I will keep an eye out for more updates.

Thanks. I'm actually in the process of installing LST2 cvd's. Sadly, I now get to drive it about once a month....been soooooooooo busy.
    (yeah right)

RC Enthusiast
    It will last you longer then. lol Just seen ur vid. dizzy. Good one.
    Last edited by Joseph Warner; 06-24-2011 at 01:29 AM.

RC Champion
    nice job... considering telling the wife and kids that vacation is cancelled this year and build a new one... but sleeping in the garage aint that cozy either :-)
    Slightly Addicted

RC Qualifier
    Alrighty, looooooooooooooooong time since I updated this. Be prepared for lots of pics.

Got the HR slipper clutch. Combined it with a T-Maxx brake disk. It works wonderfully and presses on the brake disk better than the stock part (6 points of contact instead of 3). It has held up to my Castle 1518 motor and 6s for quite a while. A lot more adjustable than stock.

Sure looks good!

Continued...........
    (yeah right)

RC Qualifier
    Modded MMM ESC:

Ok, got a new esc (signal wires got ripped out of the original) and the first thing I did was to water proof it. I dipped it in CorrosionX. 100% water proof.

Then, I installed a CC bec, and a ******* remote switch. The switch allows me to turn the esc on/off by remote. I know it's not practical, it's just for kicks and is pretty cool. I also installed 2 caps for protection against ripple current.

De-cased esc....

Before mods......

the bec and caps...

Adding necessary wires......

External case view......

The caps, glued together......

Continued.........
    (yeah right)

RC Qualifier
    Bullets added for easy removal for when I need to open the case.....

Bullets added to ESC for easy removal of the bec and the remote switch (the plugs work brilliantly BTW).....

Capacitors added.......

All components connected.......

The bec and remote switch.......

Continued for installation pics.........
    (yeah right)

RC Qualifier
    See, my truck isn't always clean.

Huge mess of wires. How to tuck them away......

Hmmmmmmm will they all fit?

Barely!

Kinda stuck this here, new aluminum tranny case. Drops motor temps by 15-20 degrees.

Everything installed. Can't even tell a bec or the remtoe switch are installed.

Continued for LST2 cvd instal.
    (yeah right)

RC Qualifier
    New body. I did not paint this one. College has me wayyyyyyyyy busy.

Ok, I had a rather difficult time getting my LST2 cvd's installed correctly. This is because I have the HR aluminum knuckles. Unfortunately for me, the outer bearing is a 6x17x6. I needed a 8x17x6 for my cvd's to fit. I searched all over the internet for this size. It apparently doesn't exist....... (well, except for a $25 one lol)

So I basically asked what to do on another forum. One member responded with making a shim. Told me what I needed and I was able to figure out the rest.

The sheet of metal is 6061T6 aluminum. It's apprx .51mm I got this to go with my 8x16x6 bearings (to add to the frustrations, I could only find ones of this size with a rubber seal in England lol) I cut an appropriate sized strips out of it to make my bearing "shims".

The strip before filling....

Finished product next to the bearing........

Installed and nice and snug. No wiggle.

Continued.......
    Last edited by mamba max1; 07-17-2011 at 07:40 PM.
    (yeah right)

RC Qualifier
    Two 15x21x4 bearings in the back......
    Got lucky that the rear hole is exactly 21mm. Not 21.5mm as in the stock knuckles.

Bingo! I also used ofna 8.5 hubs. I modded the hubs and axles so that a cut suspension pin would fit. Don't think I'll be bending those "axle" pins anytime soon. I also put a bearing (from past LST diffs) as a spacer on the axle. Perfect size btw. The end result is a totally slop free set up. Nothing wiggles now.

Sorry, forgot the installed pics.
    Last edited by mamba max1; 07-17-2011 at 07:30 PM.
    (yeah right)

somebody has been busy, nice work
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    somebody has been busy, nice work
    It's what happens when you don't have time to drive! A little work here, and a little work there.
    (yeah right)

RC Champion
    Nice work! I particularly like the aluminum tranny, I may have to go that route if it really drops the motor temps that much.

I had to make a bearing shim like that for my rd racing carriers, except it was the inside bearing that you can't get the exact right size bearing. Turned out some old zinc flashing I had was just the right thickness for a snug fit and it's been holding up just fine.
    -ERBE
    -Slash 4x4

I particularly like the aluminum tranny,

Speaking of trans. I am getting some serious motor flex with the stock motor plate. Big air (landings) has flat spotted & is chewing up me spur. How thick is your trans motor plate.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I'd say 5mm thick, looks uber beefy.

Awesome work with the mods- tracking down odd sized bearings is a hobby of mine, it's not much fun is it, lol...
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    I particularly like the aluminum tranny,

Speaking of trans. I am getting some serious motor flex with the stock motor plate. Big air (landings) has flat spotted & is chewing up me spur. How thick is your trans motor plate.

It is 5mm. I made it out of 7076 aluminum. The only flex I get (very minimal) is from the actual motor mount. Because I was already tight for space with my CC 1518 motor, I had to mod my motor mount so everything would fit with the added space of the thicker plate. I removed 1mm from the front, and 3mm from the back. It was such a, well you know what. It works and I have about 2mm to spare.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyofDarkness View Post
    I'd say 5mm thick, looks uber beefy.

Awesome work with the mods- tracking down odd sized bearings is a hobby of mine, it's not much fun is it, lol...
    I probably spend two hours looking for that initial size. lol
    Last edited by mamba max1; 07-18-2011 at 05:49 AM.
    (yeah right)

RC Qualifier
    After seeing ducati777's thread about his experiments with an outrunner, I had to give one a shot:

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-new-outrunner

I got a KD 600L 1400kv outrunner for $27 plus overseas shipping from "you know where". (if anybody wants a link to where I bought it, PM me) I have always wanted to try an outrunner. I've heard that they have a lot of torque, and are very smooth creeping speeds. I'm about to get into long range FPV (remote live feed) video on my E-Revo, so this would be perfect in my adventures in the woods.

Motor specs:

1500 watts
    58mm long (but the actual can is only 35mm)
    43mm in diameter

Pics:

First out of the box.....

Next to my Castle 1518 monster.......

In the E-Revo......

Look how much room I have back there (with the 1518, I only have 2mm of spare room)

Now, I only got to drive it a little last night. So I am pleasantly surprised with this motor. I had it geared for 35mph running in tallish grass (yard needs mowing) and it was 85 degrees out last night (at 10:00!!). Although I was not brutal on the motor, I did push it well. I couldn't get it over 135 degrees. (I do have an aluminum transmission case, so that helps some) Later on today, since the sun will be up, I'll push it for all that it is worth. When I have my Castle 1518 geared for 45mph, I can run it like a maniac on a 100 degree day and not get over 165. I did notice that the motor would cool VERY quickly....even faster than my castle motor with a fan! I was very impressed with how smooth it is.....cogging in near non-existent. Only if I go 1/4 of a mph over the curb with it cog a tennie-winie bit. Despite the fact that the motor is considerably shorter than my castle one, it held its own very well. It has good torque (not as much as my 1518), but it for sure is not a wussie.
    Last edited by mamba max1; 07-28-2011 at 08:00 AM.
    (yeah right)

RC Qualifier
    Ok, I just put a pack of batts (6s) through it. I ran it real hard too.

When doing lots of donuts and drifting (WOT the whole time) the temps would get up to 170, but only then. Just driving it hard with no donuts and drifting and I couldn't get it over 150. I also ran it through a lot of dust. I wanted to see if the open design of the motor handled the dirt. So far, no issues, but the inside of the motor is for sure dusty. I believe that under normal driving this motor can be geared for 35-40 with no problems. I am still amazed at how fast it cools down! It will drop 20 degrees in only a few minutes!

Final opinion:

Pretty good for $30, but my castle 1518 is going back in. It just has so much more power/speed. I'll save the outrunner for when I hit the trails and when I do FPV.....its just soooooo smooth.
    Last edited by mamba max1; 07-28-2011 at 06:44 PM.
    (yeah right)

RC poster

Here’s the extensive mod list:

Castle Creations 1518 1Y 1800kv motor
    Caslte Creations CC blower
    6 ********* 11.1v 5800mah lipos
    Mamba Monster ESC
    Ace digital DS1015 servo (awesome servo btw!)
    Futaba 3PMX radio
    Proline Paddle tires on dish wheels
    Proline Mashers on RPM Revolvers
    Imex All T’s on E-Revo stock wheels
    Proline Road Rages on Jconcepts Rulux wheels
    Proline Badlands tires on Jconcepts Rulux wheels
    Proline Slipstream body painted by me
    Upgrade RC radio skin
    Custom made (by me) 5mm 7075 aluminum motor plate. Motor flex is no longer an issue since its about 5x as strong
    Full set of Traxxas CVD’s which work great just as long as you don’t use RPM arms J
    Golden Horizons front and read differential aluminum cases
    ST racing 17mm hubs with the threaded bass insert mod to stop wheel wobble
    Hot Racing aluminum knuckles
    RD logics aluminum rockers with P1,P2, and P3 holes drilled in them
    Titanium pillow balls
    Lunsford titanium push rods
    Lunsford titanium turnbuckles
    Used to have a full set of RPM arms on, but they flexed too much for the CVD’s to work properly
    Traxxas VDP pistons
    Traxxas swaybars
    Traxxas T-Maxx brake disk in the slipper clutch (works waaaaaaaaaaaay better IMO)
    Aluminum shock mounts
    Racers edge crimping servo horn
    Proline steering arm deanodized and polished
    Traxxas wheelie bar wheels deanodized and polished
    Front/rear bulkhead braces deanodized and polished
    RPM front and rear bumpers with RPM front bumper mount
    Custom made carbon fiber rear body brace
    Traxxas exocarbon wing, don’t spend the extra money on this. The paint chips.

I’m sure I missed a few of the mods.

That's enough of the yappin' pics to follow in next post.......

Nice build man....Totally like your setup. I have a question. Do you happen to have the links where you bought the following:

1.ST racing 17mm hubs with the threaded bass insert mod to stop wheel wobble
    2.RD logics aluminum rockers with P1,P2, and P3 holes drilled in them

I have searched the st racing/rd logics site and I haven't been able to locate those two parts.

thanks

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus8789 View Post
    Nice build man....Totally like your setup. I have a question. Do you happen to have the links where you bought the following:

1.ST racing 17mm hubs with the threaded bass insert mod to stop wheel wobble
    2.RD logics aluminum rockers with P1,P2, and P3 holes drilled in them

I have searched the st racing/rd logics site and I haven't been able to locate those two parts.

thanks

Well, ST Racing no longer makes those hubs. I actually did the insert mod myself. Do a search, and you will find a few threads about it. You will want to search for "brass insert mod"

The rockers came with only one hole. I drilled the other holes in them. After using those rockers for a bit, don't get them. The rear brake after only a little use (design flaw). If you are looking for adjust-ability, search ebay for "revo rocker". Search through the pages and you will find some with 3 holes already drilled in them (pictured in my more recent pics in this thread). Design wise, they are a little odd, but they are quite strong and come with even extra mounting holes (3 for the push rods, and 2 for the shocks).
    Last edited by mamba max1; 07-29-2011 at 08:20 AM.
    (yeah right)

RC poster
    Well, ST Racing no longer makes those hubs. I actually did the insert mod myself. Do a search, and you will find a few threads about it. You will want to search for "brass insert mod"

The rockers came with only one hole. I drilled the other holes in them. After using those rockers for a bit, don't get them. The rear brake after only a little use (design flaw). If you are looking for adjust-ability, search ebay for "revo rocker". Search through the pages and you will find some with 3 holes already drilled in them (pictured in my more recent pics in this thread). Design wise, they are a little odd, but they are quite strong and come with even extra mounting holes (3 for the push rods, and 2 for the shocks).
    Sweet. Thanks for the info. I'll keep an eye on ur build.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=change+things

post # 25. I did mine out of alum but the same idea.

RC Champion
    Holy shiz nik. That motor mount is mighty beefy. Is that 7075 grade? The tranny and motor mount plate look awesome on it. I'm really not one for aluminum but that really looks good. What brand tranny is that?
    Looks killer bro!!!

Terry
    X3-RC8T/X2 ERBE/Losi SCTE/SC10 4x4/Baja 5SC/Rusty

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast