RC Champion

Rebuilding a used MERV

I got a MERV 2 weeks back which wasn't in the greatest shape. Still waiting on front and read bulkheads to put it back together, so I did at least these so far, along with red RPM arms and a T-Bone front bumper (the RPM bumper lights will be just high enough to go over the t-bone bumper):

On the body, I noticed 3 or 4 spots where a tiny bit of paint "disappeared".. it's a triangular or somewhat recangular spot each, where the paint is just gone.. but no signs of actual chipping.. also had some slight bubbling which I managed to cover, luckily. Still weird.. it's tamiya paint, so it should be high quality.. I prepared the body as always (did 3 others before), only difference is that I used LRP Magicolor2 before. That paint covers a lot less, so despite being a larger can, you end up needing more.. but the paint stays without issue, never a chip or bubble. Sadly, the metallic red isn't quite this intense in reality, it has a slightly brownish/goldish touch to it, as if Tamiya adds gold flakes instead of the usual silver.
    Last edited by Arakon; 08-20-2010 at 11:11 AM.

RC Racer
    Hey, Looks good. I see you are going with the lights on the truck & not the body. Less hassle, when removing the body. Am working on a bug with lights, I also got it used. Maybe a center dif would help keep the wheels down.
    Looks like you just added the wheelie bar. Good luck, I'm sure it will be a blast. Enjoy!
    I'm glad I'm not in my merv, the way I drive!

RC Champion
    Yeah, that's exactly why I am running the lights on the body. My 2WD Slash has full lights using the RPM light canisters, but they're unfortunately not an option here.
    Center diff isn't really needed for me, since I bash rather than race.. so the wheelie bar will do the trick.

RC Champion

RC Qualifier
    Clever idea with the roof guards. Made from spare tire?
    Great lookn setup. Paint looks primo from this end...
    Enjoyz it.

RC Champion
    Yep, old tire. I used the same (although full width in that case) on my 1/10 Slash 2WD, and it has proven to protect the roof greatly, plus it improves chances to roll back to the wheels and not skid halfways down the parking lot on a flip.