Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 61
  1. #1
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    121

    Traxxas Summit Performance Build

    Here is my Red Bull themed Traxxas Summit that started out as a brand new roller. I have finished the build for the most part, but I will still share many of the pictures and details of the build.





  2. #2
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    121

    Electronics

    -Mamba Monster X ESC with 1515-2200Kv Brushless Motor
    -SPC 2s 7200mAh 70C Hard-Case LiPo (2x)
    -Savox SW1211SG (2x)
    -Futaba R2104GFReceiver
    -Traxxas DLC (TRA5697)
    -Traxxas 2065 Micro Servo- (3x)
    -Castle 10 amp BEC






    I went with the Mamba Monster X, because it’s one of the few brushless systems that comes waterproof out of the box. Although it isn’t a sensored combo, I found it to be one of the smoothest sensorless setups I have ever run. I chose the Savox 1211 servos because they also come fully waterproof, and they are digital servos rated at .10/sec and 208.3 oz. of torque. I personally prefer speed over torque, but a combined 416.6 oz. of torque is plenty enough torque to turn the wheels on the Summit while it is sitting still. Both servos are powered by a Castle 10 amp BEC running on 6 volts. As for batteries, I went with two SPC 2s 7200mAh 70C batteries because they are hardcase, have a very high C rating, and still have plenty enough mAh to give me an hour of bashing and around 2 hours of trailing and crawling. I am also using a Traxxas DLC (diff lock controller) so I can control the Summit with my Futaba 4PL.

  3. #3
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    121

    Upgrades

    (in random order)

    -LEM Summit 1/10 Combo diff cup, spider gear and O-ring set (2x)
    -LEM Traxxas Summit 1/10 Dog Carrier
    -Traxxas Steel Constant-Velocity Center Driveshafts (TRA5650R)
    -Traxxas Rear Springs Double Orange 5.4 Rate (5649)
    -HexHeads A.P. Conversion RC Screw Kit
    -Tony's Screws Screw Kit
    -Robinson Racing 8618 Extra Hard 18T Blackened Steel 32P 5MM Bore Pinion Gear
    -TVR RC Tor-X Chassis Brace Black Anodized
    -Traxxas Front/Rear Aluminum Toe Links Black (5338A) (2x)
    -Traxxas Front/Rear Aluminum Push Rods Red (5318X) (2x)
    -Axial 25T Aluminum Servo Horn (AX30836) (2x)
    -RC4WD King Kong Tow Shackle (RC4ZS0093) (2x)
    -RPM Front Bumper Mount Black (80932)
    -RPM Rear Bumper Mount Black(80992)
    -RPM Extended Left Rear A-Arms Black (70432)
    -RPM Extended Right Rear A-Arms Black (70482)
    -RPM Front Left A-Arms Black (70372)
    -RPM Front Right A-Arms Black (80212)
    -T-Bone Racing Chassis Skid (62109)
    -Kershaw Designs Heavy Duty Slipper Spring
    -Hot-Racing Power Double Up Slipper System Large (TRX15GP)
    -Traxxas T-Maxx Brake Disc (TRA4964)
    -RD Racing Products Black Aluminum Shock Rod Ends
    -RD Racing Products Black Aluminum Servo Saver Mount
    -Traxxas Aluminum Hollow Ball Set
    -HPP-Germany 17mm Wheel Hub with "Secure Lock" Wheel Nut and Center Nut
    -Integy Aluminum Pivot Ball Caps (T3119S) (2x)
    -Lunsford Titanium Pivot Balls (7607) (2x)
    -Boca 6x12x4mm Green Seal MR126-2GS (6x) (For Differentials)
    -Boca 8x16x5mm Green Seal MR688-2GS (2x) (For Differentials)







    I have a lot of upgrades into my Summit, and I tried to choose mostly performance related upgrades, and upgrades from high quality manufacturers. Some of the upgrades that are related to durability include LEM diffs allowing me to run 4s brushless without stripping any spider gears, Traxxas steel center driveshafts which are resistant to twisting under stress like the stock driveshafts, TVR Tor-X chassis brace (discontinued) to reduce the chassis flex, RPM arms and bumper mounts to keep the truck more resistant to breaking on impacts, and Boca bearings in the differentials to eliminate bearing failures from brushless power. To reduce weight I am running Traxxas aluminum links and rods, Lunsford titanium pivot balls, and the Traxxas aluminum hollow ball set. These aluminum and titanium parts will also resist against rust and corrosion. To reduce slop, I purchased LEM dog carrier to get rid of slop in the transmission, RD Racing aluminum shock rod ends to eliminate the rod end hole widening, HPP-Germany hex hub to eliminate the slop in the stock hex, and Integy pivot ball caps because they have a thick o-ring to keep them from backing out (which creates more slop!).

  4. #4
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    121

    Mods

    I have a lot of modifications I have done to my Summit for both performance, and to look “scale”. I actually have a whole thread dedicated to modifications done to my Summit with pictures and details, so here is the link: https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...My-Summit-Mods

  5. #5
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    121

    Body, Tires, and Setup

    For the body, I masked and painted a clear Summit body to match the Red Bull theme. Colors used include Tamiya Dark Metallic Blue, Tamiya Silver, and Tamiya Black (which was used to back all of the coats). If you are going to mask off clear windows, it is important you back all of the coats with black, because when looking through the windows everything will have a “finished” look. The Red Bull decals are intended for a 1/10 short course body






    Tires - I wanted a lightweight tire and wheel setup so there would be less stress on the drivetrain, and my Summit would be more responsive. I went with the premounted Pro-Line Rock Rage 3.8 tires with F-11 Black 1/2” offset 17mm Wheels. This is a very good all around tire and wheel combination, and the size of the tires (width and height) is exactly the same as the stock Canyons.

    SETUP - I chose a setup that is ideal for a mixture of bashing and trailing:
    -Diff Oil: Mugen 100k weight
    -Shock Oil: TLR 60 weight
    -Double Orange Springs in the Rear
    -0º Toe and Camber
    -18/68 Gearing
    -Shocks have 8mm rebound


  6. #6
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. jamann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Victoria B.C Canada
    Posts
    5,478
    Nice build looks clean
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

  7. #7
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    121
    As of now, that is my finished Summit build, but I will still be adding more parts as I go...

  8. #8
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. noir 522's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,541
    Quote Originally Posted by jamann View Post
    Nice build looks clean
    I was thinking the same, clean build. Its not afraid of dirt is it?
    Keep up the good work, I love the details. Im definitely thinking of that Mamba X system (with a Tekin motor) for my next build.
    Last edited by noir 522; 10-21-2015 at 05:54 PM.
    MAN, Use Common Sense.
    Outside? THERE IS NO BOX !

  9. #9
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by noir 522 View Post
    I was thinking the same, clean build. Its not afraid of dirt is it?
    Keep up the good work, I love the details. Im definitely thinking of that Mamba X system (with a Tekin motor) for my next build.
    The Red Bull body is afraid of dirt, but the Summit isn't



    I'd definitely recommend the Mamba Monster X system. It's been working out great for me

  10. #10
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    121

    Quick Update

    I've got some goodies coming in the mail for the Summit. Ebay has been generous to me, since this past week I got a yellow Summit body, and a set of Axial Narrow Rocksters with Trenchers

  11. #11
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Alvin tx
    Posts
    136
    Hey are you on the facebook page for the summit. If so ive been following your build on there. Really nice truck, looks good.

  12. #12
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. jamann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Victoria B.C Canada
    Posts
    5,478
    Some love the trenchers some don't.they worked very well for me.they just need some break in time.
    I trimmed some lugs to give them some more bite and allow the tire to flex a bit easier.
    These ones have some miles on them now.
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

  13. #13
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by jamann View Post
    Some love the trenchers some don't.they worked very well for me.they just need some break in time.
    I trimmed some lugs to give them some more bite and allow the tire to flex a bit easier.
    These ones have some miles on them now.
    Thanks for the idea of trimming lugs! Those look like they have a LOT of miles on them!

  14. #14
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. jamann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Victoria B.C Canada
    Posts
    5,478
    Quote Originally Posted by joethejammer View Post
    Thanks for the idea of trimming lugs! Those look like they have a LOT of miles on them!
    Many many hard miles.lol
    They still grip rock pretty well.
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

  15. #15
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    PARKER COLO
    Posts
    1,007
    Ok I'm confused. JoetheJammer I thought the new mamba monster X esc was not only waterproof but was also sensored. I installed the MLX6 esc with a Castle 2200kv motor and was thinking of replacing the MLX6 with the Mamba X to make it sensored.
    "Better Old and Devious than Young and Exuberant"

  16. #16
    Marshal ksb51rl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    20,071
    Quote Originally Posted by BRICK57 View Post
    Ok I'm confused. JoetheJammer I thought the new mamba monster X esc was not only waterproof but was also sensored. I installed the MLX6 esc with a Castle 2200kv motor and was thinking of replacing the MLX6 with the Mamba X to make it sensored.
    The Mamba Monster X is sensored and/or sensorless. Which sensored motor were you planning to pair with the new ESC?
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

  17. #17
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by BRICK57 View Post
    Ok I'm confused. JoetheJammer I thought the new mamba monster X esc was not only waterproof but was also sensored. I installed the MLX6 esc with a Castle 2200kv motor and was thinking of replacing the MLX6 with the Mamba X to make it sensored.
    Sorry for the confusion, the Mamba Monster X is a sensored ESC, but the Castle motor that comes with the combo is not. If you want to run sensored, you could purchase a Tekin or Hobbywing motor along with the Mamba Monster X (which I might consider in the future).

  18. #18
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    121
    Got the yellow body in the mail. Removed the exocage and cleaned the individual plastics, got rid of some decals on the body and replaced the window decals, and also removed the rust from all of the screws on the body. Looks pretty good!


  19. #19
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    121
    Took the Summit out on the trails again, and found a lot of cool spots, including a lot of mud. I had a blast in the mud (maybe a little too much fun) and got the truck pretty dirty. Once I got the Summit back home, I cleaned everything (using no water), and coated the screws with WD-40. What I forgot to check was the axle carriers on each side. Two days later, my wheels were locked up due to the bearings in the carriers being seized (stock bearings). I'll have to order some more Boca Green Seals for my carriers to go along with the Boca bearings in my differentials. I also found a lot of rust on the stub axles. I'm unsure how to avoid this, and the best thing I can come up with is next time using an air compressor and spraying some more WD-40 on the axles after I run the truck in water.





    On the bright side, I just received my Trenchers mounted on Axial Narrow Rocksters in the mail. I immediately took them apart, and found that the foams had some muddy water in them (no big deal). I washed the foams until there was no muddy water left, then I threw them in the dryer. I also washed the tires, wheels, and beadlock rings. Then once everything was dry, I mounted them, and they look great! Can't wait to try them out on my Summit!

  20. #20
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    422
    Vary nice build man!

    I used the same Servos.
    The same ESC and motor.
    Have it geared about the same.
    Used the same BEC and case.
    I used the same skid plate.
    As well as several other parts you used in your build.

    Mind if I ask how much you paid for the trenchers?
    I am looking for set my self right now.

    I have a set of mudslingers I think I will be selling soon.

  21. #21
    RC Champion soundmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,855
    Yup. Great Build dude!!!

    I also use the HPP Hexes on my Brushless Summit. They are sweet.
    Last edited by soundmaster; 10-28-2015 at 02:13 PM.

  22. #22
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    PARKER COLO
    Posts
    1,007
    Quote Originally Posted by joethejammer View Post
    Sorry for the confusion, the Mamba Monster X is a sensored ESC, but the Castle motor that comes with the combo is not. If you want to run sensored, you could purchase a Tekin or Hobbywing motor along with the Mamba Monster X (which I might consider in the future).
    I called Castle and your right, with a separate harness you can have it be sensored. What I didn't know was my 2200kv motor is not a sensored motor. In fact to my surprise Castle doesn't have any brushless motors that are sensored. Now I understand why people are using the Tekin motors. They also told me that setting up the esc properly with the castle link you can get the sensorless brushless motor to run almost as well as a sensored system. So I will try that first with the mxl6 esc that I have and see what I get.
    "Better Old and Devious than Young and Exuberant"

  23. #23
    Marshal ksb51rl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    20,071
    They say that but I can always find a commonly occurring situation that will belie it.
    My simple test: place a Summit facing vertical curbing (not that curvy stuff.) See if you can crawl up it like a brushed motor will allow or if you have to hop up it. I have not achieved a smooth climb with a sensorless brushless motor yet with my ERBE test vehicle. However, I have with a MMP/Tekin T8 sensored combo in a Summit.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 10-28-2015 at 03:41 PM.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

  24. #24
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by Badmunky View Post
    Vary nice build man!

    I used the same Servos.
    The same ESC and motor.
    Have it geared about the same.
    Used the same BEC and case.
    I used the same skid plate.
    As well as several other parts you used in your build.

    Mind if I ask how much you paid for the trenchers?
    I am looking for set my self right now.

    I have a set of mudslingers I think I will be selling soon.
    Thanks! I paid $200 for the tires and wheels. I've been looking for a set of Narrow Rocksters for almost 5 months, so I wasn't going to let a set slip through my hands. Do you have a picture of your Summit? It's funny how many of the same parts our Summit's have

  25. #25
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by BRICK57 View Post
    I called Castle and your right, with a separate harness you can have it be sensored. What I didn't know was my 2200kv motor is not a sensored motor. In fact to my surprise Castle doesn't have any brushless motors that are sensored. Now I understand why people are using the Tekin motors. They also told me that setting up the esc properly with the castle link you can get the sensorless brushless motor to run almost as well as a sensored system. So I will try that first with the mxl6 esc that I have and see what I get.
    I'm considering running a Tekin motor with the MMX in the future, although I haven't had any issues with the Castle motor

  26. #26
    RC Qualifier Fuglio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    497
    That thing is awesome!

  27. #27
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by joethejammer View Post
    Thanks! I paid $200 for the tires and wheels. I've been looking for a set of Narrow Rocksters for almost 5 months, so I wasn't going to let a set slip through my hands. Do you have a picture of your Summit? It's funny how many of the same parts our Summit's have
    https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...powered-Summit!

    There are some pics in this thread.
    I will be posting more and some vids soon.

    I have 2 sets of Narrow Rocksters I will be selling soon. One with a set of RC4WD Mudlingers and the other with a set of Proline Moab XLs.

    Yeah it is kind of funny. LOL
    I even picked the Savox servos for the same reason you stated. Little less torque then the 1210, but faster.

    I also have the following parts ether on order, or on the bench waiting to go in the truck.

    Traxxas Front/Rear Aluminum Toe Links Black (5338A) (2x)
    Traxxas Front/Rear Aluminum Push Rods Red (5318X) (2x)
    Hot-Racing Power Double Up Slipper System Large (TRX15GP) (Not installed yet because several people reported the aluminum was to soft and the drive pin will push in to it. Did yours?)
    Traxxas T-Maxx Brake Disc (TRA4964)
    LEM Traxxas Summit 1/10 Dog Carrier


    I will have to post a build thread for my truck.


    I also used some other parts that are close to what you used.
    RPM bumper mount front and rear. But for Erevo. They lower the bumpers a little.
    Robinson racing 15T pinion.

    I still have a few other things planed as well.

  28. #28
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by Badmunky View Post
    https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...powered-Summit!

    There are some pics in this thread.
    I will be posting more and some vids soon.

    I have 2 sets of Narrow Rocksters I will be selling soon. One with a set of RC4WD Mudlingers and the other with a set of Proline Moab XLs.

    Yeah it is kind of funny. LOL
    I even picked the Savox servos for the same reason you stated. Little less torque then the 1210, but faster.

    I also have the following parts ether on order, or on the bench waiting to go in the truck.

    Traxxas Front/Rear Aluminum Toe Links Black (5338A) (2x)
    Traxxas Front/Rear Aluminum Push Rods Red (5318X) (2x)
    Hot-Racing Power Double Up Slipper System Large (TRX15GP) (Not installed yet because several people reported the aluminum was to soft and the drive pin will push in to it. Did yours?)
    Traxxas T-Maxx Brake Disc (TRA4964)
    LEM Traxxas Summit 1/10 Dog Carrier


    I will have to post a build thread for my truck.


    I also used some other parts that are close to what you used.
    RPM bumper mount front and rear. But for Erevo. They lower the bumpers a little.
    Robinson racing 15T pinion.

    I still have a few other things planed as well.
    Sweet Summit! Can't wait to see the thread. I sent you PM. BTW, I'm using the double up pressure plate, with the stock slipper hub so the pin doesn't push through. It works great with the Tmaxx break disc

  29. #29
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    121

    Gear Head Light Bar for Summit

    I finally got my light bar in the mail for my Summit. It is a Gear Head RC 1/10 Scale Trail Torch LED Light Bar 4.19". It operates on a maximum of 6V, and it's extremely bright even when plugged in directly to the receiver. It is made out of machined aluminum, and is the lightest light bar I have ever picked up. To mount this to the exocage, I sanded down the screw posts on the cross brace to give my light bar more room. I'm sure someone could find a better way to mount this thing, but I ended up using 3M double sided sticky tape (the same stuff used to hold on car emblems). Before I applied the tape, I sanded down the surface of the cross brace so the double sided tape would adhere better. I also applied two layers of tape in the middle of the light bar so there was a flat layer of tape.


    Screw posts sanded down, and surface scuffed


    Two layers of double sided tape added in the middle, one layer at the ends


    Light Bar attached to cross brace


    Underneath of cross brace


    All mounted up:





  30. #30
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    95
    That looks great man!

  31. #31
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    107
    I love the light bar. Got to get one too.

  32. #32
    Marshal ksb51rl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    20,071
    I really wish you guys would stop this. I don't need any more RC projects on which to spend my nonexistent disposable income!
    Very nice job all around.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

  33. #33
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by adamargue91 View Post
    That looks great man!
    Quote Originally Posted by LeadingEdge View Post
    I love the light bar. Got to get one too.
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    I really wish you guys would stop this. I don't need any more RC projects on which to spend my nonexistent disposable income!
    Very nice job all around.
    Thanks guys! I’ve got a couple more parts coming in the mail over the next week or two to finish the build… Save the best for last!

  34. #34
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    422
    Looks really good!

  35. #35
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    121

    Tire Comparison

    Here is a tire comparison of Rock Rages mounted on F-11 Wheels, Trenchers mounted on Axial Narrow Rocksters, and my newly acquired Moab Xl's mounted on Axial Narrow Rocksters. Keep in mind that the stock Canyons have nearly the same dimensions as the Rock Rages.


    The tallest tire out of the three is the Moab XL, followed by the Rock Rage, and then the smallest was the Trencher



    As for width, the narrowest tire was the Trencher, followed by the Moab XL, and then the Rock Rage being the widest




    When comparing weight, remember that the tire's mass is also affected by the wheel that it's mounted to.

    -The heaviest tire and wheel combination was the Trencher mounted on Axial Narrow Rockster coming in at 422 grams


    -The next heaviest tire was the Pro-Line Moab XL mounted on Axial Narrow Rockster at 376 grams


    -The lightest tire and wheel combination was the Pro-Line Rock Rage mounted on F-11 at 370 grams




    All three tires seem like they would be great for most terrain, however I haven't had a chance to test out the Trenchers or Moab XL's. If I had to guess, I would say the Trencher would be the best all around tire, the Rock Rage would be best for bashing, and the Moab XL would be the best for crawling.

  36. #36
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    121

    Axle Carrier / Knuckle Setup



    I had no problems with the stock carriers, but I wanted larger bearings and less slop. So for the carriers, I'm using RD Racing Aluminum Axle Carriers (discontinued). These carriers are supposedly the strongest axle carriers that were ever sold for the Revo. They are made out of machined 6061 aluminum, and use a 6x16x5mm outer bearing. They only weigh 3 grams more than the stock plastic carriers.



    Here are all of the contents laid out that are going into my axle carriers:
    -RD Racing Aluminum Axle Carriers
    -Lunsford Titanium Pivot Balls (7607)
    -HPP-Germany Hex Hubs
    -Integy Aluminum Pivot Ball Caps (T3119S)
    -Black Dyed Dust Boots
    -Stock Stub Axle
    -6x16x5 Bearing
    -12x18x4 Bearing

    I did order Boca Yellow Seal ceramics, however they fit sloppily into my aluminum carriers, so I decided to use the bearings that come with the RD Racing Carriers. I measured the Boca bearings with a digital caliper, and they seemed to be off by .3mm outer diameter and inner diameter. Maybe Boca sent me the wrong bearings? Also, instead of using one shim in-between the axle carrier and the hex hub, I used two to eliminate as much slop as possible. With that extra shim added, there is not the slightest bit of slop.



    Here is what everything looks like assembled. I used Finish Line Teflon Plus for the lubricant on the pivot balls because it is a dry lubricant, so it does not attract dust.




    NO SLOP AT ALL!!!

    The last upgrade I'm adding (for now) is the LEM V4 axles, which are on their way. Can't wait!

    One question I have for you guys: Is it worth it to put the steel pivot ball retaining rings onto aluminum axle carriers? Will it make a difference? After I assembled everything, I realized that I could've added the retaining rings to the carriers

  37. #37
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    778
    Where did you find Rd Racing axle carriers??!?!?!?!!?! They are great for the revo also because they allow for a tighter turning radius because they are shaved down around the pivot balls.

    Since those axle carriers are super tough, you'll be good without the steel rings. If you had, say, Integy aluminum carriers, I'd go ahead and put the steel rings on.

    Did you ask the question about the axle carriers and steel rings on Facebook? Someone did earlier today in either that Traxxas extreme builds group or Traxxas summit group. If it was you, send me a friend request Emaxx Racer

  38. #38
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    95
    Looks amazing man! This is my dream summit build. Can't wait to see some video!

  39. #39
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx Racer View Post
    Where did you find Rd Racing axle carriers??!?!?!?!!?! They are great for the revo also because they allow for a tighter turning radius because they are shaved down around the pivot balls.

    Since those axle carriers are super tough, you'll be good without the steel rings. If you had, say, Integy aluminum carriers, I'd go ahead and put the steel rings on.

    Did you ask the question about the axle carriers and steel rings on Facebook? Someone did earlier today in either that Traxxas extreme builds group or Traxxas summit group. If it was you, send me a friend request Emaxx Racer
    I have my connections . I put a post up on the E-Revo forum asking if anyone had any RD Racing Carriers, but no one replied. So then I went through every old post I could find with RD Carriers, and I messaged every individual in those old posts. Only one person replied, but that was all it took! The guy who replied is rarely on the forums anymore, but thankfully he saw my message about the carriers. That's been my luck lately! And yeah that was me on Facebook lol
    Last edited by joethejammer; 11-10-2015 at 11:40 PM.

  40. #40
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    778
    Man I should've done that a while ago! And I added you as a frand. I wonder if I could remove material from the pivot ball holes on the strc carriers to make them steer further.. Only one way to find out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •