RC Racer

Bandit Gearing For CC 5700kv?

What gearing should I be running with a 5700kv sidewinder on a Bandit?

RC Competitor
    Are you bashin or racin? What tires????????????

RC Qualifier

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by stampede@13
    Great link but it doesnt take into account for tire size. Or is it assuming you'll be using stock-ish sized tires?
    Rustler VXL Stockness Monster

RC Qualifier
    stockish size.....

RC Champion
    that site is the worst place to get info from. all they take into account is the "recommended" final ratio. they take no consideration into how hot the motor actually gets or the weight of the truck or even tire size.

according to them you should gear a 5700 19/83 in a slash. that would overheat the motor in 3min or so. the creator of the site obviously doesnt know what he's doing.
    Slash 4x4 MMP-HV 5.5
    Slash Sidewinder SC 3800kv

RC Racer
    I'm gonna be bashing with it. I have stock alias tires for gravel/dirt and anacondas for the street. The bandit is quite a bit lighter than the slash or even a rustler. I already have an 18, 19 and 23t pinion that I could use with the stock 76t spur.. Would any of those suffice or should I get something else?

Quote Originally Posted by rcdriver
    I'm gonna be bashing with it. I have stock alias tires for gravel/dirt and anacondas for the street. The bandit is quite a bit lighter than the slash or even a rustler. I already have an 18, 19 and 23t pinion that I could use with the stock 76t spur.. Would any of those suffice or should I get something else?
    I would start with your 18t pinion and check the motor with a temp gun then adjust from there depending on the temps and how it performs. You need a temp gun to ensure you have the car geared correctly otherwise you are basically just guessing.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Enthusiast
    Well I am the creator of the site, and before you go bashing it you should understand where the information comes from (I really gotta put this on the site). All of the recommendations on there come straight from the motor manufacturers. I did not "make up" or determine any of the suggested ratios myself.

And, yes, as mentioned there are A LOT of variables involved that aren't taken into account.

I am currently re-writing the site to allow users to submit their own gearing recommendations including variables such as track size, track surface, if ESC timing was used (and how much), and also the battery type and number of cells. If you guys can think of any more variables that should be added please let me know. I didn't include tire size because 1) I assumed that for a given vehicle tire size would not change much and 2) most people would have no idea what the diameter of there tire is anyways. If I am wrong please let me know!

Any other suggestions on how to improve the site are greatly welcomed, and best submitted on this site through a PM or on my site's message board.

Thanks,

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by FSTR4X4
    that site is the worst place to get info from. all they take into account is the "recommended" final ratio. they take no consideration into how hot the motor actually gets or the weight of the truck or even tire size.

according to them you should gear a 5700 19/83 in a slash. that would overheat the motor in 3min or so. the creator of the site obviously doesnt know what he's doing.

RC Champion
    PM sent.......
    Slash 4x4 MMP-HV 5.5
    Slash Sidewinder SC 3800kv