RC Champion

Suspension pins w eclips part #3740

Does anyone have a better solution then the standard trx ones. Are there some hardened sets somehwere.
    I have had to replace these pins on my 3 pedes atleast a dozen times from bending. I have been running RPM casters and carriers, but they are bending now too. I don't want to run the aluminum parts for the kids.
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Qualifier
    that would be nice
    Jesus, Lights, RC

RC Qualifier
    i bent one on my first day with vxl.... time for a trip to my lhs
    Jesus, Lights, RC

RPM casters are one of their FEW parts not worth the money. Had 'em, still bent pins, chucked 'em. They are more flexible than stock ones and so do nothing to prevent the pins from bending. In my experience, TRX or STRC caster blocks are the way to go.

You could also try Lunsford Racing for titanium pins - they have to have the correct size because they make hingepin sets for the Rustler and Stampede.

Another option is to drill out the holes to accept a larger diameter pin, which has been done successfully in the past.

If I had gone to aluminum casters right off, I would have saved money.

Why not alu for the kids? I got STRC ones just like these before TRX was making them and all 3 sets are still going strong.

Edit: FWIW, The Traxxas ones seem to be made slightly better. But you have to like red or blue or not mind stripping the anodizing.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 08-24-2010 at 10:42 PM.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    Lunsford makes a titanium set

Yeah, I think covered that.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl
    RPM casters are one of their FEW parts not worth the money. Had 'em, still bent pins, chucked 'em. They are more flexible than stock ones and so do nothing to prevent the pins from bending. In my experience, TRX or STRC caster blocks are the way to go.

You could also try Lunsford Racing for titanium pins - they have to have the correct size because they make hingepin sets for the Rustler and Stampede.

Another option is to drill out the holes to accept a larger diameter pin, which has been done successfully in the past.

If I had gone to aluminum casters right off, I would have saved money.

Why not alu for the kids? I got STRC ones just like these before TRX was making them and all 3 sets are still going strong.

Edit: FWIW, The Traxxas ones seem to be made slightly better. But you have to like red or blue or not mind stripping the anodizing.
    thanks for the advice i bought em'
    Jesus, Lights, RC

RC Champion
    Thanks ksb51rl for the advice. I'm going to try the titanium pins and the link you provided. Thanks for sharing. I've realized that RPM isn't all they are cracked up to be...
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Qualifier
    Integy (although I know their products are controversial) makes a nice set of aluminum castors. I have a set on my truck.
    Stampede XL1 turned VXL and Rustler XL-5

Quote Originally Posted by VGCaged_Emaxx
    Integy (although I know their products are controversial) makes a nice set of aluminum castors. I have a set on my truck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dknuckles
    Thanks ksb51rl for the advice. I'm going to try the titanium pins and the link you provided. Thanks for sharing. I've realized that RPM isn't all they are cracked up to be...
    Speaking of "cracked up": I've seen Integy casters bend, crack, and snap where the TRX and STRC ones haven't had any problems. Not recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by VGCaged_Emaxx
    I got a set of those before I knew any better. They lasted about an hour.
    99%er