RC Competitor

Emaxx brushless or Summit? Help please

I am torn between the Brushless Emaxx vs the Summit.

Any input on experiences with both of the trucks would be greatly appreciated.

I like the potential for speed gearing with the Emaxx and the off road capabilities. I am also drawn to the sheer size and more rugged of road potential of the Summit.

I am not impressed with the Summit top speed of 35mph and I am not interested in swapping the stock motor for a new brushless setup.

Opinions please
    Losi Jrx2 - Rustler VXL - E-Maxx BE

RC Racer
    I have had two Emaxx trucks. both started out stock, and my current one has Brushless installed. It is a great offroader, and is very capable of top speeds. The Summit's top speed of 35 isnt that bad for what it is - An Electric Crawler. Both trucks are VERY good at what they are designed to do, you have to make the desicion as to what you want the model for. Off road/ on road racing, or crawling and low-speed manuevers. I love my Emaxx, but I know that without modification, I can't crawl with it. Thats OK, because I dont need to.
    E-Maxx 3905 BL 2.4GHz
    Revo 3.3

RC Qualifier
    the summit won't even come close to 35mph. it would be more like 22-23 mph...

Summit water resistant. Made for crawling & not much speed I GPS mine @ 21 mph. Pretty hard to break some thing on the Summit.. Maxx not water resistant. Loads of after market parts & you are going to need them. Just depend on where & how you want to drive. Plan B get the Summit & put the MMM in it. Get the speed you want.
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    If crawling is just a curiosity to you, and you wanna give it a wing with the summit, thats alot of an investment into something you dont know if you will like or not. Though, if you want a innovative crawler for your crawling needs then the summit would fit the bill.
    The maxx is a blast of a basher, and will make anyone in to ripping the yard up happy.

So it comes down to what you really see yourself doing more of, bashing or crawling?
    Just so that your money is well spent...
    Last edited by Maxx Voltage; 08-29-2010 at 12:32 AM.

RC Competitor
    Thanks everyone for the advice

I ordered an Emaxx

I think it will fit my wants better

Next up - a 4wd slash for racing
    Losi Jrx2 - Rustler VXL - E-Maxx BE

RC Qualifier
    Sounds like a plan.
    Enjoy, and lots of luck with your new kit!!