Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Competitor
    I raced it for the first time. The center diff will transfer some power to the front wheels when accelerating. This will suck the front end down and make the rear a lot less tail happy. This will allow a stiffer rear sway setup to help corner entry.

RC poster
    nice, simple quick and to the point.

I appreciate you help,
    Justin

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by fallonguy
    To go from the slayer chassis (which is on a 2.5 revo chassis) to a slayer pro (which is on a revo 3.3 chassis) you will need the

chassis #5322
    front drive shaft #5456
    steering linkage #5341

Also the new a-arms

5931X RF
    5932X LF
    5933X RR
    5934X LR

turnbuckles #5939

the axle shaft and pushrods from the old slayer are the same.

and the new body.

5976R If you want the new tires & wheels
    From what I can tell, the drive shafts from the 2.5R truck are the same on the new Pro right?? It would seem like if you already had the 2.5R, you would just buy new arms, longer halfshafts (#5456), and a new body.

I put all my Slayer 2.5 stuff on an ERevo Chassis, but it didn't handle well despite having the lower COG. It was too long and too narrow. But now that they have widened the Slayer, I think that will be the ticket! Plus now, the new bodies should fit. That was another thing that turned me off with the Slayvo conversion... you couldn't find a body that looked right. The SC8 bodies would fit, but still required some modding, and never looked right. I'm assuming that these new bodies will fit no problem on the Erevo, since they are the same length.

I'm also hoping that I don't have to buy new turnbuckles and rods because all of mine are the Traxxas Aluminum, and I don't want to have to buy new ones. I'll probl buy stock ones if I have to, only because I'm not sure if I'm even going to keep the truck. I just wanted to give it one final chance with a "proper" set up, cuz i LOVE watching the TORC races on Speedchannel!
    ERBE, E-Slayvo Pro, Ext Stampy, 2xMERV's.

RC Champion
    I waited too long to edit my post above... so now I'm going to have to post this correction!

If you want to convert the old Slayer to the ERevo platform, you'll need the E-Revo chassis, tranny, motor mount, center shafts (maybe just the rear?), motor, esc, etc... But the original pushrods and driveshafts will still.

But you will for sure need:

New turnbuckles/tie rods: Formerly #5938, and now #5939 add an R for aluminum. You'll need to order three! 2 per set and you need 6!

New arms as mentioned above:
    5931X RF
    5932X LF
    5933X RR
    5934X LR

New Body (won't be able to run side guards tho')

Probably the ERevo steering links too.

I'm good to go after I order new arms and a body. I'll probably go with stock turnbuckles and tie rods because I don't want to invest in aluminum if I'm not sure i'll keep the truck. But I bet it will handle MUCH better now.
    Last edited by jpoprock; 09-21-2010 at 01:36 PM.

RC poster
    Great bit of info to do the conversion...I have done this and everything came out very sweet. Now I'm looking for some good track setups...anyone have them???

Quote Originally Posted by fallonguy
    To go from the slayer chassis (which is on a 2.5 revo chassis) to a slayer pro (which is on a revo 3.3 chassis) you will need the

chassis #5322
    front drive shaft #5456
    steering linkage #5341

Also the new a-arms

5931X RF
    5932X LF
    5933X RR
    5934X LR

turnbuckles #5939

the axle shaft and pushrods from the old slayer are the same.

and the new body.

5976R If you want the new tires & wheels

This is for the older slayer but I would think it would work the same.

http://www.traxxas.com/support/index...n&suchbegriff=

As for the slayer pro it hasn't been out long enough.
    I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran

RC poster
    k where to start?
    i got a slayer pro 4x4 about 2 months ago and blew the engine
    i found the 3.3 really hard to tune and really finicky with the needles.
    now im on the look for two (one back-up) new engines, ive been reading alot on here i see that the os .21tm can just drop right in so thats #1 for me. now ive seen the losi xxl 454 on ebay really cheap and i like the idea of a big block but how much work would it be to put in and what parts/numbers would i need or is there an easier engine to just drop in and tune
    Drop-in engines with no other upgrades sounds like the way to go for me
    any help is a big help to me

RC Champion
    You just need a Big Block mount kit if going that route. I was going to build a 2.5 Slayer BB, but lost interest. The 3.3 is hit and miss. I've had some that ran great and others were more finicky. The 454 is a great motor that is pretty easy to tune, but it has a sweet spot. It can be a nightmare to tune of its out of wack. I found it to be somewhat of a set it and forget it motor. I've never owned an OS. My brushless Pro is all that and more, so I'm not all that interested in the nitro right now.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Do any of you guys know what roll cage is on the market for a slayer pro? I have found a lot for the revo or the slasher, but known for the slayer pro. If not do you know how hard it would be to modify one of the other ones to fit a slayer?

3.3 Revo and the Slayer Pro are the same chassis.
    The Super Derecho

RC Enthusiast
    I have a quick question since I don't know a lot about the truck . Is it supposed to be able to reverse?

Quote Originally Posted by Sergioo View Post
    I have a quick question since I don't know a lot about the truck . Is it supposed to be able to reverse?
    No reverse in the Slayer Pro. Click here for details about this model.....
    https://traxxas.com/products/models/...4x4?t=features
    T/SportMax/Slayer Pro/Bandit
    Stampede/Rustler

RC Enthusiast
    I'm thinking about getting monster truck tires for my slayer . Do u guys recommend any specific ones or size?

if you do use mt tires you will need a different body or cut yours out to fit.
    T/SportMax/Slayer Pro/Bandit
    Stampede/Rustler

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12