RC Enthusiast

Heavy 4x4 susp setup?

Here's my parts list. MMM 2650, everything from RPM, MIP f/r Xduty, integy rollbar, AKA 17mm with sc style rims, and venom 2s2p 8000mah with 3-5 cell ******* 5000mah, and big bore shocks with Slaydens suggested setup. With the added weight the suspension is just too soft. I don't have air bubbles in the shocks, buy even if I drop it from 6-8 inches it still bottoms out, and I have to use lots of spacers to get my ride height correct. Under braking it nose dives so bad the front end slaps the ground, and on grass it wants to flip. I'm thinking I should use the 1 hole pistons in the front and go back to the stock heavier springs. What do you guys think?

you could go with a heavier shock oil. maybe 60 or 70wt.

the other option would be to run losi 8ight shocks all around. it works well for alot of people.
    One mans garbage is another mans ungarbage" -Ricky

I think if you get heavier springs it will work for you. My bashing partner has the same setup as you but he is too stiff right now! He is experimenting with different springs.

RC Enthusiast
    Aren't those the ones that require a spacer on top of the towers? I don't want to lose the rollbar. I tried 60 wt last night and the rear seems ok but on the front it didn't help. Since they're longer could I run them all the way in on top and out on the arms kinda like the buggies do with the exaggerated lean, that way I could keep the rollbar.

RC Enthusiast
    El Sob I was thinking I needed heavier springs for the front, that's why I'm thinking about putting the stockers back on. Did your buddy do that, and if so how'd it work? I'm on standby at work so my brain is spinning with ideas while I'm waiting.

RC Racer
    I'm running 70f 65r on mine with rpm dual stage pistons.Works good for me.I also have alum shock caps.Springs are gonna have to be your choice since it depends on ride height you want for the terrain you run on.

He either has stock or the 4x2 slash springs on it. It is stiff. The opposite problem you are having. Funny how that works sometimes.

RC Enthusiast
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXXBY5&P=7

You will need a front and rear set of these. Use the stiffest ones that are included. They will work perfectly. I use the mediums on stock 4x4 front and rear. The stiffest were too heavy for the VXL setup,but will be great for the 1/8 brushless setup. 50-70wt shock oil 2 hole pistons

RC Racer
    Remember try to use springs just to control ride height. keep on bumping up weight, at that weight try the 1 and 2 hole pistons, if you get stuck between a too stiff and to soft, you can drill out the single or add a smaller second hole.

True. You need to dampen all the bumps that it will go over. The added weight will made for a better ride if set up right.