Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    PeterV, do you got any info on how this car is on the carpet?
    JESUS says: "Fix it B4 it Breaks!"

We have a rather small on road track that just re opened real close to my house. This car looks like it would be a perfect fit for some weekend racing fun or just goofing off during the week when they are open for practice.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by brushlessbandit
    see for yourself

a tad too dark
    CLose but no cigar I guess, might see if you can get that paint in a rattle car at your local dealer, if it's like the Chrysler stuff, it'll work great on lexan!

Quote Originally Posted by RCNEWB5150
    How is this suppose to be good in dirt? thats the only way im going to get this car if its going to do alright in the dirt.....
    Eh, a little tweeking here and there, some of HPI's or Tamiya's 1.9" rally tires on your favorite rims, it should be good.
    Last edited by bjoehandley; 10-01-2010 at 01:24 AM.
    https://www.instagram.com/greenjeep1998/?hl=en

RC Champion
    If this thing uses regular TC sized rims (1.9) as Peter V said, then there are abundance of good off-road specific rally block tires. HPI and Tamiya make them.. You could probably lift the suspension a bit for off-roading.
    However I'm confused what class it competes with should I decide to go racing. The wheelbase is identical to the mini chassis, but the rims are that of a 1/10 TC. But I kinda like it somehow..looks pretty aggressive and fun for tearing around my driveway and with Traxxas toughness, should withstand quite an abuse as compared to fragile Tamiyas..
    Myth busted: Blitz is not faster on the track.

RC Qualifier
    i called it first - proline or some other company makes a ken block inspired ford fiesta rs body. like this.

... oh, and sorry about your wallet

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggy Fuzz
    i called it first - proline or some other company makes a ken block inspired ford fiesta rs body. like this.

4-door anyone?

not that 2-door won't be ok

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by turok
    this is just the thing i needed. now i can sell my 8 RC18's that will clear a lot of space.
    Considering how much I like the Brushless Mine Revo I definitely am loving this thing. I am glad I just traded my brushless 18R for my VXL Stampede. Now I can get one of these. I would definitely buy the conversion parts if I had a Mini Revo or Slash.

Some guys had mentioned what class this will race in. Currently It wouldnt fit any class,but as most tracks evolve if enough people request a class it usually happens. Just like the 1/8 converted buggies got a GT class in California.

Ride height will easily be adjustable by modding the internal spacer/limiter under the shock piston. Go Traxxas!!
    Last edited by parts eeter; 10-01-2010 at 12:30 PM.

Traxxas Marshal
    I wonder how this thing will handle older pavement. The street I live off from isn't the newest, and this time of year it frequently has leaves, small branches, etc. on it. hmm...
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by cooleocool
    I wonder how this thing will handle older pavement. The street I live off from isn't the newest, and this time of year it frequently has leaves, small branches, etc. on it. hmm...
    Based on the info PeterV has given us it seems like it would be a simple task to tune it to handle that type of driving condition. Change the size of the limiters in the shocks and play with the oil and valve set up int he shocks. You should be able to tune it just like a mini Slash or any place between the Slash and the Rally set up.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

Traxxas Marshal
    That's what I was figuring.

An on-road capable vehicle is just what I need these days... no time to get to a track or park to play with the off-roaders most days. With this, I could juice up a couple packs and have at it!
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    What really surprised me when viewing the short promo video was how flat the chassis remains when cornering. I know my Mini-Revo leans a LOT when corning like that on pavement. At first I thought Traxxas had added sway bars, but I don't see them anywhere, so I wonder what was changed in the suspension to keep the car so flat in the corners?

Thicker oil, shock limiters, and progressive springs and, of course, the TC wheels/tires from what I gather.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yeah, I see that now. Along with different shock pistons.

RC Qualifier
    Just got back from the hobby shop. Got 2 2s 20c 2000mah LiPO and a parallel connector. Anything else you think i might need please let me know. Yes i have a liPO sack and charger. Oh and yes i almost forgot i got my name on a Rally as soon as they get one in...

RC poster
    I wonder if anyone will release the parts needed for conversion as a kit with instructions so we can just go out and buy it.

RC Qualifier
    how does it do in the dirt?
    http://www.youtube.com/profile.php?do=editpassword/Revoman859

RC Competitor
    i'm going to convert my slash or just pick up one so i have 2 one for the wife we can race mine is now sit up for drifting so it shouldn't be hard to sit this up for off road can't wait

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Detroit
    I just called my guy at the LHS he said the end of next week he should have 80 of them. I told him to count me in on one red one green. Remember that this little car should just be for fun only.
    Traxxas site now says shipping the 11th instead of the 4th... hope this doesn't go the way of the Slash 4x4.... I am excited about this car, it looks like it will be a blast in my cul-de-sac!
    Last edited by IM4RC; 10-01-2010 at 04:46 PM.
    <<Everything is FOR SALE>>

RC Enthusiast
    It would be nice to get a regional parking lot race for these!

RC Champion
    These would work well in some of the rougher lots I think.

RC Qualifier
    I want to try and get one so I can tear around the winding cris-crossed paved paths around my college campus. it would be an absolute BLAST!
    no flat parking lot here, the paths have hills, and banks, and go all over the place weaving between trees in front of my dorm...
    I am lucky I don't have any money.

RC Enthusiast
    Ford fiesta body please? looks like a euro fiesta with traxxas styling but i'ld like a fiesta green...
    Isn't the stock body also availible in Green?
    Race for your Life Charlie Brown!!

RC Qualifier
    Red, Blue, Green, Silver. These are the colors they show in there gallery...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Boi 45c
    i'm going to convert my slash or just pick up one so i have 2 one for the wife we can race mine is now sit up for drifting so it shouldn't be hard to sit this up for off road can't wait
    I'm just going to sell my mini Revo once the new "Rally" shows up.

I mentioned the same thing to my bride, we should get two of them for a little friendly competition.

Quote Originally Posted by RCNEWB5150
    How is this suppose to be good in dirt? thats the only way im going to get this car if its going to do alright in the dirt.....
    It's not designed for dirt.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Racer
    i. want. one!
    Cause I'm alive.....Live Wire

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl
    It's not designed for dirt.
    With some tweaking, it should be fine in dirt. Play around with the shocks, tires, maybe diff fluids, and even the center diff for what surface you'll be playing on.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolestDinosoar
    I want to try and get one so I can tear around the winding cris-crossed paved paths around my college campus. it would be an absolute BLAST!
    no flat parking lot here, the paths have hills, and banks, and go all over the place weaving between trees in front of my dorm...
    Perhaps a bike path. lol That was the only thing that may help me decide to get one of these. I have an AE 1/16 rally but this one's alittle bigger. I think I'll wait and see what people say after they get them. I don't think you'll see much demand as far as club racing goes. But I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by bjoehandley
    With some tweaking, it should be fine in dirt. Play around with the shocks, tires, maybe diff fluids, and even the center diff for what surface you'll be playing on.
    Be ready to watch your paint job go buh bye. On-road or carpet is where this is made to run. But hey, lots of folks in here like to break things.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 10-03-2010 at 05:04 PM. Reason: merge

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Redman65
    Perhaps a bike path. lol That was the only thing that may help me decide to get one of these. I have an AE 1/16 rally but this one's alittle bigger. I think I'll wait and see what people say after they get them. I don't think you'll see much demand as far as club racing goes. But I could be wrong.
    You never know, look how quickly short course trucks took off after the Slash came out. Humans will race anything if given the chance, I wouldn't be surprised if enough show up at the shop I work at next year that we can have a class specifically for these little cars. Right now 3 out of the 4 guys in the HTU I work at want one, myself included, and I've already had a customer that wanted one put aside for him when we get our first batch in!

Quote Originally Posted by Redman65
    Be ready to watch your paint job go buh bye. On-road or carpet is where this is made to run. But hey, lots of folks in here like to break things.
    Eh, that happens when you leave the pavement, I like to paint bodies so that's no big deal to me

RC Racer
    I live in NW Florida right on the gulf and we have a lot of tourist attractions. One of them is a go-cart/mini golf place that has a slick track. I am wondering if I can get the owners to open it up to us for some slick track mayhem! Why not it's the off season, and I'd pay a few bucks to run on a good surface like that. What do you all think?
    <<Everything is FOR SALE>>

RC Qualifier
    Looks cool, really like the tires and body. But it is just a Mini Slash with smaller shocks, and different bumper/body/tires. still cool though, I want to drift! Wonder how the Mini E-revo will handle with the Rally makeover (But with wider arms)
    1/16 MERV
    BL Revo Platinum MMM MADNESS!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude
    Looks cool, really like the tires and body. But it is just a Mini Slash with smaller shocks, and different bumper/body/tires. still cool though, I want to drift! Wonder how the Mini E-revo will handle with the Rally makeover (But with wider arms)
    it appears that it should have the wheels just sticking out of the body. It would look funky though.

Quote Originally Posted by IM4RC
    I live in NW Florida right on the gulf and we have a lot of tourist attractions. One of them is a go-cart/mini golf place that has a slick track. I am wondering if I can get the owners to open it up to us for some slick track mayhem! Why not it's the off season, and I'd pay a few bucks to run on a good surface like that. What do you all think?
    It might be too small for should a huge track.
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

RC Qualifier
    it appears that it should have the wheels just sticking out of the body. It would look funky though.
    I was commenting/asking on how it would handle, not look
    1/16 MERV

RC Qualifier
    Sick ride. It does look big for a 16th scale but it's still a mini chassis. I might pick one up. Hopefully next will be a 10th scale with capable of 70+mph. Then I'll be all over one for sure.

RC Qualifier
    It's like shourt course. Thye are 1/10 scale Shourtcourse , but the body and bumpers give them a 1/8 footprint.
    1/16 MERV

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by bjoehandley
    I have a hard time believing that...
    PLEASE do not PM me and immediately go offline :p

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by SirSlash4x4
    I have a hard time believing that...
    Why? The suspesion and drivetrain are the same as the Slash. All they did was tweak it for onroad use, you could very easily tweak it back for offroad use. Then it will work as well offroad as the Slash.
    I need R/Cers anonymous.

RC Champion
    how about that big motor so high up. it might want to tip over

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by tmaxx_cnd_newb
    I have cup racer... lol! I'll just see how the datsun body would sit on my erevo vxl without wheels. Pic to be posted tonite.
    Here are the pics. The body doesn't look like it would fit correctly. The wheelbase of the cupracer is slightly longer ..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast