Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Enthusiast

1/16 rally car!!!!!!!!

Awesome job traxxas!!!!! Now i know what to get next, now get to work on the 1/10 scale!!!!!!! lol
    T-MAXX, BANDIT, MERV

RC Champion
    woah! wehat a surprise! wonder what slowenuff thinks...

RC Champion
    wow thats sweet! deffinatly picking one up asap. i also like how they only just released it, (i belive?) and its going to be shipping on the 5th, much smarter than letting everyone know 4months before it hits shelves.

good job traxxas!
    Lead, follow, or get out of my way!

RC Champion
    the 1/16 is neat, but i think the response would a lot better if it was 1/10!!
    rustler vxl 2.4

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rustler09
    the 1/16 is neat, but i think the response would a lot better if it was 1/10!!

I guess, we'll just have to see.....but they should have gone with a 1/16 and 1/10 version. That would have been cooler.
    FangsCPO
    "How fast was I going Officer?" Wow?

Just in time for the winter months and Christmas. You guys who have to deal with winter and go indoors to race this is perfect.....

They state 50mph, that's impressive on 1/16th scale... Wow.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Racer
    Well my guess is there wasn't much money in the RnD department so they did some slight mods to the 1/16 slash and are shipping that. Depending on how this fares they will decide whether a real rally car is worth their time.
    Cars can fly too!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 4tec-Rally
    Well my guess is there wasn't much money in the RnD department so they did some slight mods to the 1/16 slash and are shipping that. Depending on how this fares they will decide whether a real rally car is worth their time.

kinda like what they did with the 2wd slash then the 4wd slash!!
    rustler vxl 2.4

RC Champion
    I think this looks like it would be alot of fun to play with! My kids would enjoy trying to drift. I think I'm a bit excited to possibly grab one just for kicks!
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Racer
    classic traxxas..

RC Enthusiast
    With traxxas, scale is kind of off. 1/10 E-Revo is barely 1/10, more like 1/8. I think the Rally should be able to run the smaller Tamiya bodyshells like the ones for the M05 chassis.

RC Qualifier
    this is why i just hate traxxas some times...THE MAKE ME WANT STUFF I CAN'T AFFORD! lol well..that's just part of the hobby i guess lol
    Your nitro is fat...It ate my Brushless Dust!!!!

Boone722
    I am sure carpet racers are upset about this impressive Traxxas line-up.Very nice,and just in time for Christmas shopping and those long winter months of indoor Racing.Well done Traxxas.. Can't wait to check one out at my lhs..

RC Qualifier
    crazy, i got out of the hobby about 5 months ago since i could not afford this anymore..... i changed my mind. i was looking at the sc18 cuz i wanted something cheaper 4wd and to make a small track to drive on. i got out also because when i built my bigger track my slash 2wd and 4wd were both getting broke and the track was very high maintenance. i was looking everywhere for a rally car just yesterday and the day before. but now i see this i am soo pumped im getting this for sure.... but do guys think we can run this on a dirt track with smaller jumps? i really hope so...
    2nd place is 1st loser......

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by rustler09
    kinda like what they did with the 2wd slash then the 4wd slash!!
    I think the slash 4x4 took a lot of r&d

it IS a whole new platform.

unless you mean the slash 1/16, which is a mini e-slayer (repackaged revo)

RC Qualifier
    how is this thing going to compete on a smaller dirt course?
    2nd place is 1st loser......

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RCNEWB5150
    Or what about carpet too. I'd like to know more about carpet being that winter's coming and you gotta go inside if you want to race. Luckily I have a carpet track nearby.
    JESUS says: "Fix it B4 it Breaks!"

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by vink99
    With traxxas, scale is kind of off. 1/10 E-Revo is barely 1/10, more like 1/8. I think the Rally should be able to run the smaller Tamiya bodyshells like the ones for the M05 chassis.
    well, the revo is a monster truck. if it was considered a truggy, it would be 1/8th scale. like a savage, they are a little bigger (at least the xl one is) and is now considered 8th scale. its like if it was a truggy, it would be consider raised, and if it was a considered a monster truck, it would be lowered. ( suspension wise)
    if you want me to i can break your truck for free!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Rally car?

A rally vehicle is a versatile machine can run on different conditions not only on pavement. I like the the look of the new traxxas rally but I donīt think it is going to do well off-road, it looks more like a drift car with a rally body.Is this a rally vehicle or just the name?

RC Qualifier
    I'll be waiting until they make the 1/10 or even better a 1/8 scale version. But looks sweet.
    KD 700-HO 3905 - FLM E-Maxx MMM - ERBE - Slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    not a bad looking little unit.runs the tried and proven revo chassis.

why change something that works well.

id prefer 1/10th though.

no doubt it will sell quite well
    erevo, ubuntu.com

RC Competitor
    rc-fan: if you saw the preview video that happy meal posted in the merv/msv forum, it showed ken block doing the gymkhana 2 project. so this is less a rally car and more of a gymkhana car, which is still a rally car

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by thekillerkid
    rc-fan: if you saw the preview video that happy meal posted in the merv/msv forum, it showed ken block doing the gymkhana 2 project. so this is less a rally car and more of a gymkhana car, which is still a rally car

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    It will look nicer with a spoiler and roof scoops.

RC Competitor
    With a set oof foams it would be an excelent touting car

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by thekillerkid

RC Competitor
    +1. Or travis pastrana edition.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-Fan
    A rally vehicle is a versatile machine can run on different conditions not only on pavement. I like the the look of the new traxxas rally but I donīt think it is going to do well off-road, it looks more like a drift car with a rally body.Is this a rally vehicle or just the name?
    I know people say that it wont do good off road but i think it will as long it is a fairly flat surface it will. In real rally racing the road they drive on are rough but fairly flat so I think that this will do just fine plus it has guts. All you have to do is raise it a little bit.

RC Racer
    I can't wait to get my hands on one, I love the Losi 1/24 rally car but when I saw this I couldn't help but change my mind entirely... my merv vxl kicks @$$ so I can't wait to see this thing in action!
    Mini Summit / Rally

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by RCNEWB5150

I love the Mini Rally ...and i think this car would be Awsome on a ICE oval it does have waterproof electronics and it would be awaome to see this zipping around the rink
    MERV
    Slash
    Nitro Sport
    Nitro Stampede

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Looks great. Like the styling. I'm much more of a WRC and Dakar fan than Gymkhana, but the Traxxas Rally looks like a cool car!

I can see this opening doors, and a return to electric TC, maybe with a 1/10 version at a later date. We will see.

Good Job Traxas!

RC Qualifier
    Not sure where folks have been over the past few years but these cars have been around awhile.
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...SM&C=CEA&V=ASC
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXWFH4**&P=7
    Plenty of brushless set-ups for them as well. At this price level you could do better than what Traxxas is offering this new kit for. I think you'd do better price and fun wise to run SC on carpet at 1/10 scale. This is the first new release by Traxxas that I can say I have no desire to purchase. I have a nice mini AE brushless Rally Car. There has never been a big club race movement for this class and I don't thinkthat will change with this new kit hitting the market. Had my mini for over 2 years now. No new Traxxas kit under the tree for me this year. lol

RC Racer
    they pushed backk the releace. it says it ships on the 11th now.
    BB Merv 4s EMaxx MMM 6s
    Revo 3.3
    Associated RC8

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Redman65
    Not sure where folks have been over the past few years but these cars have been around awhile.
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...SM&C=CEA&V=ASC
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXWFH4**&P=7
    Plenty of brushless set-ups for them as well. At this price level you could do better than what Traxxas is offering this new kit for. I think you'd do better price and fun wise to run SC on carpet at 1/10 scale. This is the first new release by Traxxas that I can say I have no desire to purchase. I have a nice mini AE brushless Rally Car. There has never been a big club race movement for this class and I don't thinkthat will change with this new kit hitting the market. Had my mini for over 2 years now. No new Traxxas kit under the tree for me this year. lol
    IN all honesty, those cars are going to be a good bit smaller than the Rally VXL, and lack the ground clearance that this car should have let alone be capable once some tuning is done on the shocks.
    https://www.instagram.com/greenjeep1998/?hl=en

Why are there so many acting like this is the last car we're going to make?!?

There has never been a big club race movement for this class
    There wasn't one for Slash when we made it, either...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinno
    Why are there so many acting like this is the last car we're going to make?!?
    Beats me Zinno, I kinda figured that might be an inexpensive, R&D wise, stepping off point to a bigger and/or better car

Exactly.......think I might have said the same thing on a different thread on this car too.............................
    https://www.instagram.com/greenjeep1998/?hl=en

RC Qualifier
    Was just about to buy a AE 1/18, DuraTrax 1/18 or Losi 1/24 Rally, still might. Definitely going to get the Traxxas 1/16. Brushless, 2.4 radio, 12mm hex wheels, lipo ready. This things going to kill the parking lots. Just need a licensed body from Proline etc I'm In
    Last edited by radicalray; 10-05-2010 at 12:09 AM.

RC Champion
    I still have stacks of 1/10th touring car and rally wheels left

Morten
    Morten SnoopMaxx
    3906 ROCKSTAR Makita
    c",)

RC Qualifier

+1 I said the same thing on the other thread for the RALLY.
    Who knows what any new easy to get into race car can do for the sport. With the SLASH and other low priced SCT we all saw an increase at our local tracks.
    I'm hoping this will bring a different class to the carpet/indoor track. My only gripe towards TRAXXAS is stop teasing and announce a new car the day it's ready to get shipped to my front door, LOL.
    JESUS says: "Fix it B4 it Breaks!"

RC Racer
    I'd really like to see some officially licensed bodies also! That might be the deal maker for me. As much as i would like to see a 1/10 scale...i might have to pick one of these up.
    Rustler VXL - Stock VXL system on 3S / 76.8mph

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast