RC poster

will 4x4 body fit 2wd slash

I m looking to get a new slash 2wd body and I wanted to be shure to get a good fit. Can anyone tell me if thair is a differance in a 4x4 or 2wd body?

RC Racer
    Yes, plug'n play LOL
    eZrun ESC 60A+4000kv / 2x lipo 5000mah *******

RC Qualifier
    a second confirmation that the bodies swap, pins line up the same.

Occasionally trimming will need to be slightly different, as the front tires on the 4wd move nearly straight up and down, where the 2wd tires move up and back.
    -- > Republic Racing < --

RC Enthusiast
    And you get the fancy number plate to boot...LOL

RC Champion
    The 4x4 body is very fragile due the sharp creases, meticulous details and thin lexan. However it can be reinforced with some shoe goo and fiber tapes along the crack prone areas (bed, hood, along the pilars of the cab and beneath the number plate) I did this to mine...holds up pretty well. The biggest advantage of the 4x4 body, it's very light lowering CoG, which why I use it only for racing events..well it looks very slick compared to the clumsy boxy look of the original 2wd. Fender openings are also bigger, so you get almost no wheel rubbing.

Fits like a glove on my 2wd..

Myth busted: Blitz is not faster on the track.

RC Qualifier
    another conformation
    E-maxx 3905
    outlaw RPM VXL Slash
    summit

RC Champion
    ^^LOL we've got the same body! ^^ But I think it's 'natural' for 2wd owners to pick #25 (Marks Jenkins)...his actual truck IS a Pro-2 truck. J. Whelchel is also a Pro-2 driver..which is why I also have this body too for my 2wd.

Ok I think we have enough confirmations that 4wd lid fits on 2wd...
    Myth busted: Blitz is not faster on the track.

RC Qualifier
    i wanted the amsoil body but mine was ending in 2 minutes at 19 dollers on ebay so i sniped it
    E-maxx 3905
    outlaw RPM VXL Slash
    summit

RC Competitor
    What kind of tires an rims are those?

RC poster

Newbie lookin 4 some advice

hello. i just bought a 2wd slash and want some help. just getting into the rc thing and im a dummy about it. looking for some help and or advice about how to break in a new truck. what is the best way to break in all the different parts of the car????? please help and thanks if u can.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Out of Sight View Post
    The 4x4 body is very fragile due the sharp creases, meticulous details and thin lexan. However it can be reinforced with some shoe goo and fiber tapes along the crack prone areas (bed, hood, along the pilars of the cab and beneath the number plate) I did this to mine...holds up pretty well. The biggest advantage of the 4x4 body, it's very light lowering CoG, which why I use it only for racing events..well it looks very slick compared to the clumsy boxy look of the original 2wd. Fender openings are also bigger, so you get almost no wheel rubbing.

Fits like a glove on my 2wd..

is the weight that much off from the stock body,if so by how much?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbear13 View Post
    hello. i just bought a 2wd slash and want some help. just getting into the rc thing and im a dummy about it. looking for some help and or advice about how to break in a new truck. what is the best way to break in all the different parts of the car????? please help and thanks if u can.
    The correct brushed motor break in is in your manual. Just keep your truck oiled and take it easy at first. Oh and welcome.