Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Champion
    i would imagine the slash 4x4 bumpers might fit this thing, considering the chassis,front and rear ends are the same.
    rustler vxl 2.4

RC Qualifier
    I'm gonna convert my Slash 4x4 to the Stampede 4x4. My buddy has some old Talons he's gonna sell me, so I would only have to get the chassis, body, and bumpers with wheelie bar. Should be a pretty easy conversion.
    Trust me...I'm a Doctor

RC Champion
    you may need the center shaft as well, not knowing what the wheel base is on the pede vs the slash!!
    rustler vxl 2.4

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Its shorter, the driveshaft is shorter too... id skip the body. Get something else. If you like a truck look the proline hummer SUT body is super tough. If you like a sporty style body you can pretty much fit any 1/10 stadium truck body with lower mounts.

RC Qualifier
    I was asking for this over a year ago. lol Better late than never.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    I've read 4x4 conversions that are 6+ years old. I bet the first pede owner thought to himself, this would be a cool 4x4
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC poster
    imo its cool but im not feeling it more than the emaxx. looks like the emaxx is still going to be tougher truck and better handling than the 4x4 pede.
    E maxx/Slash 4x4/Slash 2wd

RC Qualifier
    I like the smaller foot print not to mention the single battery. The dual batteries was the main draw back for me concerning the E-Maxx. To bad it doesn't look like it can take 9000 sized lipo's. I hope this catches on. Then we might see some better tire choices. Could be a fun snow truck.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rustler09
    you may need the center shaft as well, not knowing what the wheel base is on the pede vs the slash!!
    Yeah, I didn't think about that. Just one more thing to add to my list.
    Trust me...I'm a Doctor

RC poster
    the more i look at it the more i like it HAHA .kinda cool being able to share parts with my slash 4x4
    E maxx/Slash 4x4/Slash 2wd

RC Champion
    would a slash 4x4 bug body work on the pede 4x4???
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

RC Champion
    Since I have both an erbe and T-maxx, I won't be getting one. That being said I think people who are looking to have monster truck fun without breaking the bank should definitely look into this one.

RC Champion
    I think they should have left the much loved Stampede name alone, and called this the Slash 4x4 MT. There is really nothing Pede about it. Purely a Slash with a few MT tweaks, which we all knew would be released.
    What would be cool is to mod the real Pede to flip the motor forward like the Venom Gambler SC system. That way maybe the Pede wouldn't wheely as much. Now the 1/16 Rally surprised me, as I was expecting the Slash 4x4 to be realeased in Rally, MT, and On Road/Touring car versions since the basic platform is great. Can't say I saw the mini Summit coming either but very cool looking.
    3905 E-MAXX

RC Champion
    My opinion? No thank you.

I'm still in the market for a fast 4x4, but seeing the 'Pede 4x4 just makes me want the Maxx I have been wanting that much more.

I have never been a fan of the Stampede, but it's nice to see them scrap the 4x2 'Pede chassis, which has always been one of my main dislikes. The single battery VXL system (with Traxxas warranty as opposed to Castle) is also a nice bonus, but I don't see anything about this truck that would make it more suitable for me than an E-Maxx. Sure it'll be cheaper, but if the street price is actually going to be $400, that's still too much for this truck.

Overall, I'm not impressed.
    ◄▲▼► SUMMIT ●○●○● 2 RUSTLER VXL's ●○●○● MERV ◄▲▼►

RC Enthusiast
    Front shock guards look cool, and it fills a price gap in their RTR lineup. As soon as they started talking about brushless power and 3s they completely lost me. Ive got so many uprades on my Slash 4x4, just to make it act like they claim it will do in stock form, that my truck weighs 7 lbs. I cant in good conscience recommend this vehicle, knowing what major design hiccups are present, glaringly obvious, and unaccounted for. Sorry Traxxas, you didnt hit the nail on the head with this one, you just hit your thumb.

RC Enthusiast
    imma wait till next year before making my decision about the 4x4 pede or the maxx. seeing this is now 4x4 vxl kinda grabs my attention away from the maxx, seeing ive heard stories of the pede being very durable, and i can interchange some parts from my slash, and the vxl also grabs my attention as well, seeing i dont wanna spend the doe on a brushless emaxx, but still have that smoothness, speed, and reliablity of a brushless system.
    slash, xxxt, merv, soon emaxx

RC Champion
    it looks ok....must admit i woulda prefered a 4x4 rusty... but i guess thats to similar to a slash lol...

but i hate this "lets mount the body reaaaaally high as that makes it a mosnter truck" i mean it looks like theres a good 1/2 inch of clear air between the top of the chassis and the bottom of the shell...
    we can rebuild it, we can make it faster, stronger

RC Qualifier
    I'll be getting at least one......If the kids like it then I'll convert their slashes to a MT...I'm glad it takes the Slash 4x4 parts so I can move my upgrades.
    XO-1|SlashUE-MMM2200|Rally-SV2&MERV-MMP w/NEU1112

RC Racer
    way to think outside but pressed right up against the box traxxas.

not impressed by this truck at all.
    seems like the creative team there has taken 2010 off.
    seems like they're really only wanting to make 2 trucks now, revos and slashes.

the reason i love the stampedes is because of they're ability to take a beating and keep going, this truck doesn't seem to fit the bill.

RC Qualifier
    Two things that put me off from watching the video - 1. Propensity to wheelie (big reason I got rid of my 2wd pede) 2. High center of gravity.

I'll gladly stick with my Slash 4x4
    Censorship is wrong

RC Qualifier
    the owner of my lhs was at ihobby the other day and he siad the pede 4x4 was almost too powerful bc he pulled it up to the beginning of the tabletop and from a dead stop, he gunned it and cleared it.
    Vxl Slash
    Xerun E-Maxx
    HT Aftershock

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang63
    the owner of my lhs was at ihobby the other day and he siad the pede 4x4 was almost too powerful bc he pulled it up to the beginning of the tabletop and from a dead stop, he gunned it and cleared it.
    How is that a bad thing ?!?!?!?
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    idk bc I like power, I geuss idk what his version of powerful is...
    Vxl Slash
    Xerun E-Maxx
    HT Aftershock

Sounds like my kind of "problem". I know your a rustler guy, but do you think youll try one of these dad? Or is it not your kind of truck. Just curious, I dont ever remember you talking about owning a slash... maybe your son will try one?

RC Qualifier
    This has the potential to be one mean street machine. The frying pan chassis on the slash 4x4 acted as a sail, making going much ofer 60 a challenge. It was also tough to find touring car bodies that would fit, but the shorter wheelbase will make that easier.

Something else to try would be converting this into a ruster. Put the shocks on farther out mounting holes, custom fab some body posts and slap a pro line desert rat on there with some hpi Geolander shoes, and you will have an awesome truck that excels both on and off road.

I thought this pic was interesting. The big truck is a slash 2X4... same size as a 4X4 slash... the little truck is a stampede 2X4... same size as a stampede 4X4... hopefully this will clear up anyones confusion that the new 4X4 pede is "the same thing as a slash 4X4". Its clearly not... clearly, its MUCH smaller... which means it serves a completely different purpose to those of us who see value in a smaller 4X4 monster truck.

RC Champion
    that is a massive size differeance!!
    rustler vxl 2.4

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by andromk3
    way to think outside but pressed right up against the box traxxas.

not impressed by this truck at all.
    seems like the creative team there has taken 2010 off.
    seems like they're really only wanting to make 2 trucks now, revos and slashes.

the reason i love the stampedes is because of they're ability to take a beating and keep going, this truck doesn't seem to fit the bill.
    are you kidding the slash 4x4 is the most durable 4x4 ever!

once you upgrade a couple of parts you have a thing that will survive a 23ft+ jump! and the stampede 4x4 is just like the slash 4x4 so it will be just as awesome in every way!

in my view Traxxas has just come out with the best MT on the market. because it won't brake at every jump it dose
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

RC Qualifier
    striking jealousy into the hearts of all onlookers!
    WOW! A fun size 4x4 from Traxxas! I have two on backorder now (Red & Silver) the Silver will be a basher with a spare Red body from the other truck. Then the other truck will be my 4x4 onroad speedster with a new Rustler body.

I was hoping for something different but this will work. Now Im waiting for a real Jato (rocket car) from Traxxas.
    I got skills!

RC Champion
    i know this is awesome becuase its smaller than the e-revo and e-maxx so it wont brake tons and once its upped alot it will be indestructible!

i know even the revos and maxx's still brake once they are all upped, but i don't think we will have this problem with this truck.

also dad you should get this truck it would be awesome to see you driveing and posting on here
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

RC poster
    OMG the choices! I wanted a 4x4 slash but now the 4x4 pede. Now the 1/16th summit is released I want that and now the 2wd slash VXL I WANT THAT! and I already have a slash 2wd VXL Im sick in the head! But Traxxas I LOVE YOU!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12