RC Champion

convert or not to convert

well i have a slash 4x4 MT and i am wondering should i convert it?? i bash hard so i want it to be similar in durability and i love jumping and off roading.

what the would the advantages be??

and what would the disadvantage be?

thanks.
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Shorter, mildly lighter, overall smaller. Thats about it. If size matters to you, maybe converting is the way to go. If it doesnt... maybe dont. Either way, for the cost of the parts its probably worth a try... youll never know if you never try.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by 1slash
    well i have a slash 4x4 MT and i am wondering should i convert it?? i bash hard so i want it to be similar in durability and i love jumping and off roading.

what the would the advantages be??

and what would the disadvantage be?

thanks.
    First thing i did with my Slash was to order 4 pede frontwheels,
    put on one of my cuda bodies, and there was my 4wd pede.
    Changed the oil in the dampers, a little preload on the springs.
    There was the 4wd pede. It did 75 km/h on stock gearing.
    Im not shure if the new 4wd pede is better... As mentioned the conversion is a little longer than the new one, ,,,, i like my conversion, and it is pretty cheap conversion, you just need to change the wheels and the body, so i belive it's close to 2 2in1.
    For a few $ xtra you have both a excellent SCR and a 4wd monster
    A lot of Traxxas cars

RC Qualifier
    im definitely converting, i got a slash 4x4 roller collecting dust, as soon as the chassis and center driveshaft are available for purchase i'll get them and start the conversion, the body is a no go since im not that interested in that....

.... i wonder if a rustler body would fit mmm.... (4x4 Rustler)
    Sony Action Camera, My new toy

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Oh yeah, it will... I run a rustler body on my 2X4 pede with the same wheel base. Id suggest a set of slash 4X4 body posts so you can get it mounted super low.

RC Qualifier
    If you have a $400 Slash 4X4 and spend $120 to convert it to a Stampede 4X4, you'll have a $520 Stampede 4X4 and no more Slash 4X4. I'd rather just mow a few more lawns and get both! That's just 20 lawns at $20 each. One hour per lawn, five a day...that's just two weekends worth of mowing!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterV
    If you have a $400 Slash 4X4 and spend $120 to convert it to a Stampede 4X4, you'll have a $520 Stampede 4X4 and no more Slash 4X4. I'd rather just mow a few more lawns and get both! That's just 20 lawns at $20 each. One hour per lawn, five a day...that's just two weekends worth of mowing!
    What about the gas and the travel time?
    What am I supposed to write in 50 characters?

RC Champion
    hehe well its winter so no mowing lawns

but im not meaning like converting it with getting the body and body posts and all that stuff i would just be getting

- New chassis
    - New center driveshaft
    - Front and rear Shock Guards
    - Wheelie bar

because i have some 5" tall tires already and also wheels and i would just get a rusty body or something and i would run slash 4x4 bumpers

so i think i may still convert it. because all i do is bash and jump so im thinking the stampede chassis and other stuff will make it handle and feel more like a MT, and the shorter chassis will also make it better at jumping cuz it is shorter so more control in the air.
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

RC Qualifier
    Shovel snow! There's also picking up dog poop, if you REALLY want that Stampede 4X4.

I'm all for the sort of tinkering you're talking about. But for the guy who thinks buying ALL the parts to transform a Slash to a Stampede is cheap...it ain't.

RC Champion
    well we don't get snow here and i can't even pick up my own dogs poop (well i can but i gag lol) but it looks like it should not be too much >$< to convert it all i do is bash, so even if i got a stampede 4x4, then i have both trucks (slash 4x4 and stampede 4x4) my slash 4x4 would never get used.

EDIT: also will you guys be comeing out with a battery tray kit? like this but for the stampede 4x4??

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFun...n&ItemID=33075
    Last edited by 1slash; 10-26-2010 at 05:11 PM.
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410