Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Racer

Post your opinion about this new Stampede 4x4.

I think it is great, it will definitely be part of my stable. I can't wait. Traxxas is awesome.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah i never saw it coming, its awesome
    Sony Action Camera, My new toy

RC Racer
    I Love it!!

RC Racer
    Will we see a Traxxas Bandit 4x4? So far, I've had all of traxxas electric models at one point except for a bandit. If a bandit 4x4 show up, that might be on the chritmas list as well. But for now, the Stampede 4x4 for sure will be under the tree, unless it is delayed. I sure hope not.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Not sure about the front shock guards, but it is still a cool truck. Traxxas has obvioulsy sat down and thought about how many different ways they can use their existing platforms.

Trying to hit the Christmas market this year? That's 5 new releases in no time at all!!

RC Racer
    between the revo and this there is no need for the E-MAXX any more.

RC Champion
    I'm stoked about this truck. I'm ordering 1 and going to test it out before I buy one for the wife. Hopefully this truck will handle as well as does the Slash 4x4. The height looks real good for a Pede. The shock gaurds and bash gaurds look to be a nice touch. The wheel stance looks pretty wide as I would like to have. Can't wait... Especially since I have a Slash 4x4 and one coming already. Wish I had known this before...
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by j-rock

It will take a lot to get rid of the Maxx platform. Maybe this is enough, but I think the Maxx will get one more refinement.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by j-rock
    i agree, im trying to have one for each category: basher, monster truck/off road, on road, and SC.
    the stampede was the ultimate basher along with the rustler, and now stampede is 4x4! pfff!... a whole different level. and who needs anything else for on road besides the Rally vxl?, monster truck/off road Erevo.., SC slash

the thing is that i have a Stampede VXL, Rustler VXL, Emaxx, and 2 Slash 4x4, i guess im gonna have to exchange the whole fleet :/

RC Qualifier
    I think this will give the brushed Maxx a run for its money. It will be close enough to the same truck but it will be the same price or less and it has a low-maintenance brushless system. This will never compete with the BL Maxx.

All-in-all, Im glad Traxxas finally did something with the Pede!! I dont think they've touched it since '94 lol

EDIT: Does this mean a 1/10 truggy is in Traxxas' future? *cough* Rustler 4x4 *cough*
    Rustler VXL Stockness Monster

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Im kindof in the same boat... im trying to decide what the perfect fleet is. I have an ERBE now... and its staying... Im in the process of converting my rustler to an LCG slash, i have another branded mini and the a new pede 4X4 ordered. i think think is right for me as I dont run onroad at all. 4 trucks is really too many and I forsee the LCG slash being on its way out.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer
    Im kindof in the same boat... im trying to decide what the perfect fleet is. I have an ERBE now... and its staying... Im in the process of converting my rustler to an LCG slash, i have another branded mini and the a new pede 4X4 ordered. i think think is right for me as I dont run onroad at all. 4 trucks is really too many and I forsee the LCG slash being on its way out.
    yes i need to sell my stuff and quick !

RC Champion
    Two of my kids bdays are at the end of Jan and beginning of feb and I was considering buying some slash 4x4 rollers and swapping electronics from thier pedes along with tires. I think I may just go buy the pede 4x4's and sell thier pedes to recoup some cash. So many decisions.
    Last edited by Dknuckles; 10-22-2010 at 07:46 PM.
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Qualifier
    On a mountain, S.W. Colorado and Nothern Illinois
    Love it ! But how dose one go about putting a MMM in it? I have a MMM powered 4x4 Slash and it is a whole lot better then the VXL set up.
    fine line between hobby and mental illness

RC Qualifier
    Anyone know a price?
    Rustler VXL Stockness Monster

Its listed for $399 but will come down when it comes availiable.

Im doing some minor measurements... I think an MMP with a 2650 kv monster motor would fit... which is the same setup used in a Savage flux so you know it can handle it. The MMP is smaller than a VXL which would free up some space and the 2650 monster motor is the shortest of them all so it may just wedge in there.

Who didn't see this coming from a mile away.

Honestly, I'm a little disappointed. I've been waiting on a Stampede 4x4 for years. But having a Stampede, and Slash 4x4, the strong points I like about the Stampede, are not present in the Slash. I'm also scared of the gearing limitations. These tires on a Slash 4x4, with 3s can not be geared to run at acceptable temps. I hope that was addressed. It seems my Pede just gets driven. I can't remember the last time it broke a part, or needed maintained. Where the Slash is a heavy maintainance vehicle, and I always seem timid in driving of it. The way the body sits above the chassis is not to pleasing to me and it looks like the way the rear is setup, the arms will not go through their travel correctly. I mean I'm seeing a redesigned Slash 4x4, with a slightly smaller chassis, some bolt-on's , and Stampede tires and wheels. Not a redesigned Stampede, having 4wd. Which is what I've always wanted.

But I'll probably still get one.
    _
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by asheck
    Who didn't see this coming from a mile away.

The way the body sits above the chassis is not to pleasing to me and it looks like the way the rear is setup, the arms will not go through their travel correctly.
    I agree with you 110%, although i love the stampede , the body just seems.... OFF, like it just doesnt go on that truck, they should have redesign the body for sure, and just like the slash 4x4 the hole by rear diff and driveshaft still there so rocks, sand, dirt, grass, lollypops, ice cream are all going to get in there and destroy your mesh gear, pinions, spur, ps3 controller etc. maintenance is going to be increased on this puppy, im gonna wait for the early birds and see how they do.

Jsut call me an early bird... The way I bash my pede... it never lasts more than 20 minutes anyway. Might as well be fixing a 4X4 if Im fixing something.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer
    Jsut call me an early bird... The way I bash my pede... it never lasts more than 20 minutes anyway. Might as well be fixing a 4X4 if Im fixing something.
    lol, im sorry pave, but really, you will be doing slash 4x4 maintenance in no time, specially with that body, i still love the pede though. i guess is just part of the hobby

Dont get me wrong, the body is gone... im going to use slash 4X4 body mounts front and rear with a low stadium truck body like I run on my 2X4 pede. i think that will spruce up the looks of this truck big time.

In terms of debris getting into the gears, I know this is a problem on the slash 4X4 and im sure it will be an issue on the pede also. But keep in mind, the wheels on a slash are completely under the body... so all the roost of the front wheels gets thrown back directly into the chassis. A pede, especially with the body lowered, has the wheels outside the body so the roost from the front wheels will, mostly, hit the body, not go under it. Thats what im thinking anyway... only time will tell.

In terms of debris getting into the gears, I know this is a problem on the slash 4X4 and im sure it will be an issue on the pede also. But keep in mind, the wheels on a slash are completely under the body... so all the roost of the front wheels gets thrown back directly into the chassis. A pede, especially with the body lowered, has the wheels outside the body so the roost from the front wheels will, mostly, hit the body, not go under it. Thats what im thinking anyway... only time will tell.
    Thats a great theory, but flawed. Here's my Slash 4x4

It still get's alot of stuff thrown into the body from the front wheels, when your turning, and it's body is slammed.

If they were going to use this platform, I think they should have raised the chassis more, moved the driveshafts underneath and totally enclosed it, More like the E-maxx. That way you have the extreme chassis clearance of the Pede, and wouldn't have to take your rear arms so far from parallel. Then turned the motor mount 90* So that it was directly in the center, and longer motor fitment would not be an issue then.
    _
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.

RC Qualifier
    Is the Stampede 4x4 the same size as the 2wd one?
    Rustler|Brushless Losi XXL

RC Qualifier
    I hope they used a bigger slipper bearing and mount this time !!!!!
    ERBE - 8ight T/E - Kyosho Inferno

RC Qualifier
    unreal - what else can I say - looks chunky though. I like the nimble look of the 2wd better. It's essentially a slash.
    Last edited by freak; 10-22-2010 at 09:31 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    I'm Stoked

RC Qualifier
    Musta have , was debating on pede' vxl or slash 4x4 and then this comes out? Its a no brainer
    Vxl Slash
    Xerun E-Maxx
    HT Aftershock

RC Competitor
    I like the idea of the 4x4 pede and will consider getting one after it's been out awhile. I know that most of the people who did MT conversions to there 4x4 slash had issues with heat, and I read about several people complaining about speed/handling. I know these issues have likely been addressed, but they still concern me a bit. I agree that it would have been nice to see something more original design wise, but thats not very realistic.

It does appear that the rims are all the same offset...finally.

RC Champion

Slash 4x4 Pede

Looks to me like they basicly put a set of Talons and a pede body on a Slash 4x4. The Slash chassis is 7" wide, I'm curious as to how wide the new Pede's chassis is. I know Traxxas isn't going to completly retool to make a new ride like this. I think we'll find that a lot of parts are the same as the Slash 4x4. It's a shame they didn't use the old style chassis with a completly new 4wd system. But that would cost too much $! I do like the look of the new shock guards, gives it a beefy look.

RC Racer
    I want one of these so bad. Read my screen name and you can guess what color. I'm not surprised they used the slash 4x4 platform. The original Stampede chassis isn't really a platform that is designed for 4WD. There isn't a easy way to make it accept a 4WD system. One could be created but it would be pretty complicated. Now just to go find $400 somewhere.

RC Qualifier
    They had to of changed the size of the ring/pinion is the diffs to make I run like it should. They say a completly new chassis. Basically just now as wide is what it looks like to me. Im not so hot on it. Body looks funny
    Orange Powered
    Novak BL

RC Qualifier
    I will be getting one as soon as I can. The only off thing about the body is that it is setting a 1/2 in to high. But that can be fixed. I would love to see a race with these in it. But, a 4x4 race truck would be sweet too.
    Snake Eyes Racing est. 1994 Stampede/MSC

RC Racer
    i think its awesome two weeks ago i was saying i wanted to get a embe but i really didnt want something that bi, and a 4x4 rustler or stamped would be awesome and now its happening

RC Qualifier
    I was thinking about a E-Maxx brushed but i will have to rethink that and wait for the early birds reaction to the truck and see if the emaxx will get some upgrades before christmas
    If they are the same price (400) then the e-maxx wins that battle and it will be added to my stable
    If traxxas does what they did to the slash 4x4 and makes a platnium edition i will most definetly get it because i don't need the velienion system i already have it or the radio system i have that also
    Last edited by slashbasher24; 10-23-2010 at 07:15 AM.
    "Duct tape and superglue are my spareparts"

RC Enthusiast
    I think that Traxxas could be more creative. It looks like they put new tires and a body on a slash 4x4.
    If you're spinnin' you ain't winin'

RC Champion
    i love it. as me Emaxx was to big so this should be just about right

RC Qualifier
    TOO MUCH money. 399? really?

RC Champion
    i don't know what you guys have with the slash 4x4 plat form i have a PE slash 4x4 and just got some rpm a-arms and have been jumping it 20+ft and never broke a part.

so i think the slash 4x4 is a grate plat form to make stuff on.

but I'm afraid its not going to be a durable as the slash 4x4 because it has smaller bumpers but i don't know for sure.

so far i think its a good idea not grate but good!
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

i like this....

i'll get one to bang around with for sure. i'm curious how well this thing is gonna jump considering this is sort of a narrow MT. i can't wait to see some more video
    One mans garbage is another mans ungarbage" -Ricky

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by eemmaaxxxx
    Not sure about the front shock guards, but it is still a cool truck. Traxxas has obvioulsy sat down and thought about how many different ways they can use their existing platforms.

Trying to hit the Christmas market this year? That's 5 new releases in no time at all!!
    I need to get some of those shock guards for my Slash 2x4!
    The bottom of my shocks are destroyed!
    I am going to try and see what I can figure out about compatibilities between the pede 4x4 and my slash 2x4.

I think they are a great idea.
    I am lucky I don't have any money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast