RC Racer

Testing the waters

Are there any E-Revo owners that would trade for a Summit? Something tells me that if an E-Revo owner wanted a Summit, they would have bought one instead.
    3 Summits
    1 3905 Newer E-Maxx

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    You wanna swap your summit for an erevo?

No need, just swap a few items around and turn your summit into an erevo:

wheels
    tyres
    shock springs/ pistons
    rockers
    shell

setup the suspension to your liking & you're done- only difference will be the motor & esc system, but you can still have fun with the 775/ dewalt, or spring for one of the cheaper hobbywing/ okhobby BL systems & 4s lipo...
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

RC Champion
    I am building a Bash-Revo to strictly abuse. My Summit is way to awesome to keep wrecking it.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?536733

I've recently wanted to do some "crawling" with my ERBE and let it flex a bit. It would be nice to have the locking diffs and low gear but not gonna happen and I like to be able to change the setup fairly quick for when I want some bashing speed again. I stuck the LT rockers in with summit double orange springs(I was already using them, they are great for everything) the 12T pinion(anyone know if there is a smaller one available?) and 68T spur in and it limits the speed a good amount and gives me some decent articulation. It does ok with the ol 40 series mashers on. Obviously it's no dedicated crawler and no summit but it let's me get my fix for a bit till I want some all out speed again. Might have to look into a scale crawler as they can be fun in their own way.
    infowars.com

RC Champion
    your better off turning that summit into a revo.. it is cheaper to convert a summit to a revo plus if you had a revo and wanted to make it more tuff, you would practically use summit parts to do that.
    E-Revo MMM-2200 6s

RC Racer
    I'd rather have a factory E-Revo. I own 3 Summits and zero E-Revos. Maybe I can find a well cared for E-Revo that has minimum upgrades that is owned by one of my fellow enthusiasts on this board and we could make a deal that would be mutually beneficial. Heck, I might even make a good friend and someone to run with when I start exploring the country.
    3 Summits
    1 3905 Newer E-Maxx

RC Qualifier
    I really see you just taking a loss by trading one of your Summits for a stock e revo. Your a lot better off just buying the body of your choice (stock e revo body if that's what you really want), grab some Revo body mounts, P2 rockers, throw on whatever tires you like and pull out your diff lock hardware/servos to lighten the truck up. Bam you have basically a stock e revo with a 2 speed, extended rear a arms, lights and a 775- better than a stock e revo.

And hey if your planning to travel and want someone to bash with come on down to Utah, Ill take ya out to some great bash spots and tear some dirt up with ya
    Last edited by FreakyT333; 11-04-2010 at 11:46 AM.
    That's Just How I Roll o==o>

RC Racer
    I'll take ya up on that offer. Check your inbox.
    3 Summits
    1 3905 Newer E-Maxx