RC Champion

3s lipo run tommorrow!!!

So I will be getting my first 11.1v 3s lipo thurs. I want to know if running it with the included larger pinion is going to be okay with the stock spur gear? Will be going to a kingheadz motormount next to help with durability. Am I going to have problem's doing some speed run's and bashing session's til I get the mount and different spur gear's and pinion's. I really don't care about top speed i want punch for exiting corner's into jump's and good acceleration.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by I EAT DIRT
    So I will be getting my first 11.1v 3s lipo thurs. I want to know if running it with the included larger pinion is going to be okay with the stock spur gear? Will be going to a kingheadz motormount next to help with durability. Am I going to have problem's doing some speed run's and bashing session's til I get the mount and different spur gear's and pinion's. I really don't care about top speed i want punch for exiting corner's into jump's and good acceleration.
    no, you should probably run the smaller gear. you may run into heating issues. there have been other threads about this you may want to research it. GL

RC Champion
    Thank's. I just read a bunch of guy's are running 14/50. So look's like I run the smaller pinion til I can get the new spur and pinion's.

RC poster
    I've run the 18/54 combo with the Velineon setup, 3S, and two fans (motor, esc). It's gone 61.1 mph and no overheating issues after 4 or 5 full speed runs in a row. I've got it lowered as far as possible and no body; I'm getting ready to put in the KingHeadz mount and a 22/50 setup for more speed, and I've removed the front driveshafts so it's 2WD now. I just hope it stays on the ground!
    Dennis

Summit
    Slash 4x4

RC Enthusiast
    I run 25/50 with the mamba monster motor and 3s or 6s, so heat is not a problem as the motor runs fine with either. With the stock motor I was running stock pinion and 50 rear no problem.

RC Qualifier
    By some spare parts, you'll need it eventually.....with greater speed , comes greater damage.
    FangsCPO
    "How fast was I going Officer?" Wow?

I am now running the VXl esc with the Novak SC 5.5. I am geared 17/50. With the stock body on it takes off the ground like a plane! I did a back flip and kept going. All on 3s

RC Competitor
    Nice. Your gonna have a blast with 11v. I went to 14v and it's even more fun for bashing. Just sold one of my 14's and am going to try an 18v next.

RC Racer
    You are going to be shocked at the power difference.

RC Champion
    Okay, I stocked that my lipo and charger showed up today. Only problem is that I did not realize the thunder power lipo needed a balance adapter to work with the dynamite passport ultra. Is this the right set of adapter's?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/shopping_cart.php

Let me know thank's i want to order it as soon as i can.

RC Qualifier
    I cant see your cart, link to the actual item would help

RC Qualifier

RC Champion
    So I was able to get the lipo charged. WOW!!! The stock tire's just smoked up. Need to adjust the slipper sound's a little to loose, but it is a 1/4 turn to full lock right now. I'll run it tommorrow and deside then if I need to tighten it up. itg is so fast right now, I need to get it on dirt to hook up and getmore speed out of it. Lovin' the lipo life. LOL... I throw up some gps speed run's, hopefully with video sat.

RC Champion
    well i went out today with a 3/4 depleted lipo, got pretty good result's. I put the gps on and after 5 back to back run's I got 42.6mph. Not as much as I anticipated. I think a full charged lipo I can hit the 50mph mark. Wish me luck. I will try to do a video with the gps to post my stock result's. My truck currently stand's like the PE, without the c-hub block's and RPM f/r arm's.

RC Enthusiast
    What gearing?

My RTR came with the slowest 13/54 gearing. The box contains a 18tooth pinion as well that should let you see higher speeds.

RC Champion
    stock, 13/54. Just ordered 50t and 52t spur. want to order the 19 and 21 pinion also.

I recommend you cutting a hole in the windshield to help cool things off. Also I run the Traxxas S1 tires because they are a softer compound. You get better traction and they corner a whole lot better. Good luck with the speed runs

RC Enthusiast
    42.6mph is not bad for a stock car with the slowest gearing available though...

RC Racer
    That speed is about correct with stock gears and 3S. I ran 46, 45, and then about 5 or 6 at 44 all on Radar with the stockgears , and 3S.
    I fix things till they can't be fixed.

RC Enthusiast
    if the slipper is noisey it may be the small bearing in it.3s can burn that little bearing up.

RC Champion
    I do want to see what speed I can get out of the truck with just the 3s lipo. My real goal for now is corner exit acceleration and low end torque for track's and bashing. If I can get 50mph, I'll stop there and be happy. Then I'll start looking for the perfect gearing for my need's. 19/50?

I went to the site where you can calculate your R/C's speed. It said 69.86 mph with my setup. Seeing it run I kinda believe it

RC Enthusiast
    70mph? At what gearing?

That sounds way too good to be true....

Geared 17/50 with the Novak SC 5.5