RC Competitor

I dont know if its just me but....

$30 is alot... To add on the base price... I think it should be mabye $305 the most?

Lets say they pay $10 to monster per sold.

Then it costs what..about $5 or less to paint the body and rims and toelinks an pushrods the kenblock color.

15+289.99=304.99

But dont get me wrong. Im still going to buy one. But yeah

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Slash
    $30 is alot... To add on the base price... I think it should be mabye $305 the most?

Then it costs what..about $5 or less to paint the body and rims and toelinks an pushrods the kenblock color.

15+289.99=304.99

You should join the super saver club on tower hobbies, you will get free shipping on purchases 150 and up plus you get codes to save even more money like 60 off a 300 purchase, in this case it would save you as soon as you purchase it.
    MMP-NEU 1112 1.5D 4S MERBE
    BEAST MODE [ON] OFF

RC Competitor
    i am a member and aware of this savings but..i still think its highly priced

RC Competitor

15+289.99=304.99

I agree, but they're not only paying MonsterEnergy, they're paying Ken Block, and probably Ford too - in the way of licensing fees.

But I wouldn't pay that to do free adverstising, AND have a copycat (overdone) paintscheme anybody else can have too.
    But that's me.

RC Racer
    I just want a clear version of that body. Much nicer than the stock.

RC Competitor
    Bro this is such a bad deal though honestly...im gonna still buy mine..but still

RC Racer

15+289.99=304.99

This is what you're paying for over the standard Rally

# NEW Officially Licensed Ford Fiesta body and Ken Block/Monster Energy graphics
    # NEW Officially licensed Volk TE37 Racing Wheels
    # NEW green pushrods and toe links
    # NEW Gymkhana-compound slick tires

Buy all that to replace parts on your stock Rally and you're looking at $45 give or take (plus body painting) so spending $30 and getting it prepackaged seems ok to me. Is traxxas making a little extra money on you? Sure but probably not all that much comparatively. Licenses cost money.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by SlashnOR
    This is what you're paying for over the standard Rally

# NEW Officially Licensed Ford Fiesta body and Ken Block/Monster Energy graphics
    # NEW Officially licensed Volk TE37 Racing Wheels
    # NEW green pushrods and toe links
    # NEW Gymkhana-compound slick tires

Buy all that to replace parts on your stock Rally and you're looking at $45 give or take (plus body painting) so spending $30 and getting it prepackaged seems ok to me. Is traxxas making a little extra money on you? Sure but probably not all that much comparatively. Licenses cost money.

times 10 for overseas prizes

Morten
    Morten SnoopMaxx
    3906 ROCKSTAR Makita
    c",)

RC Qualifier
    Just wait and see what the eBay parts dismantlers will be getting for these items the first month the car is out. That extra $30 will seem like a huge bargain!!
    assembled in Tawain, hopped up in America

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Not wanting or trying to turn this into an arguement, but personally I think $30 isn't too bad. if it was $50 extra then it would be a bit steep. Anyway, all entitled to our own opinions. The DC wheels are very cool. Green rods and links won't cost much, but the costs will be in the shell and licensing.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenboy
    I just want a clear version of that body. Much nicer than the stock.
    They've got the standard version Fiesta listed on the Tower Hobby site, so it suggests the Fiesta body will be available in clear... eventually.

RC poster
    I'm gonna buy one, and sell the body on fleabay to some sucker and make enough in profit to upgrade the rest of the car. Alloy shocks, adj. turnbuckles, better servo, etc.

RC Racer
    It don't bother me cause I won't be paying retail or cost

I love knowing people in the right places.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Grand National's Avatar

Traxxas can probably get away with it just because of the cool and different factor. It does look pretty neat .
    Casper - 2001 Dodge Cummins (my baby)

RC Champion
    I don't think it is a bad deal. Releasing an additional model costs money, new parts, licensed stuff, people's time (money), ect. Traxxas needs to make a little extra money on a special edition.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    They have to pay Ford, DC Shoes, and Volk, for all the licenses to use their names, thus the markup. Totally understandable.
    RIP Bart Hinson
    1992-2009

RC Champion
    SuperSaverClub or not, that thing is freaking awesome and is worth every cent and thats why I'm buying it at my LHS. I hate waiting for shipping time especially during the holidays,takes wayyyyyyyy to long and it may end up getting damage.
    We ride together..We die together..Bad Boys 4Life