RC Racer

Lifted or upsized E-Revo for winter fun?

Up till now I have been racing my E-Revo but they cancelled the monster truck class.

So now I am thinking about trying to build a BIG monster truck, for bashing this winter. My buddy has an Aftershock Limited and I am trying to decide if I want to try to upsize the E-Revo or go get something bigger like the Aftershock and go from there.

Has anyone tried to widen and run larger tires? If so what did you do and how did it work?

I have a 2200kv running on 4s, I can go down a few pinion sizes to about a 9tooth and up a spur size. I am running CVD's so I think they would hold up.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions....lets hear 'em

Thanks
    Emaxx,E-Revo,4x4 Slash,2-Blitz's,Firestorm,Mini T

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

RC Champion
    interesting recommendation AOD, It may be simpler and more durable to run LT rockers, extended rear arms and maxx size tires on offset wheels. Cut'n and choppin the chassis is cool but how much abuse will it handle?
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?536733

RC Racer
    Thats a little more involved than I was thinking!

I was looking at the long travel set up. Either wide offset wheels or hex extensions and some oversized tires. I just didnt know how high it would sit or tire options avail.

The tires so far seem to be the part I am having a hard time with. Most the tires I can find that are large are too wide. I would like a taller but narrow tire, I have found some on RC4WD but they only fit their wheels that are expensive. I am not into spending $200 for a set of tires and wheels! Thats half way to a new truck!
    Emaxx,E-Revo,4x4 Slash,2-Blitz's,Firestorm,Mini T

RC Qualifier
    http://www.youtube.com/profile.php?do=editpassword/Revoman859

RC Qualifier
    Tire and rim options: http://monster.traxxas.com/showthrea...highlight=Rims

I'm currently running the LT rockers with Summit double orange springs in the back and Summit double yellow springs up front and have the Traxxas VDP-kit installed with the number two pistons. I haven't tried it much yet though. I'm also using the alu a-arms from RD Logics so I have a few more mounting points for the push rods.

Not sure if I will be using my PL MT badlands or my PL paddle sand tires.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by utah300run
    Thats a little more involved than I was thinking!

I was looking at the long travel set up. Either wide offset wheels or hex extensions and some oversized tires. I just didnt know how high it would sit or tire options avail.

The tires so far seem to be the part I am having a hard time with. Most the tires I can find that are large are too wide. I would like a taller but narrow tire, I have found some on RC4WD but they only fit their wheels that are expensive. I am not into spending $200 for a set of tires and wheels! Thats half way to a new truck!
    the rc4wd tires will fit any 40 series or oversized axial wheel. check out the summit boards for tons of info on bigger tires and bigger Revo platform stuff.

here's my own build
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?536733

RC Qualifier
    Hey there Ill be doing the same thing to my erbe soon to enjoy our wonderfull Utah winter..... It started to snow here in Layton today but nothing stuck, I'm sure there will be some on the ground within the month.
    I will be running lt rockers, lower gearing, shower cap over/under the chassis, I run a Hitech 5955 tg servo so Ill have no problem throwing around my LST XXL tires in the snow. I already have those tires bangen around so Ill probably use them and if I still lack traction Ill get some snow chains. All around a pretty simple winter set up and cheap too- well unless I can't make the snow chains myself and end up buying a set but from what I remember they are really easy to make. You can also simply run large zip ties around the tires, I did that last year on my emaxx and it worked pretty good but I'm liking the snow chain idea for the erbe.
    Another great option for deeper snow is the sand paddles/paws but you can't really run those on street and I'm sure most of my winter bashing will be a mix of icey/slushy street and snow snow snow!
    That's Just How I Roll o==o>

RC Champion
    my lifed revo should be good for the winter

E-Revo MMM-2200 6s

RC Qualifier
    That ^^^ should do well for winter, although you will definately want some snow chains or zip ties on there
    That's Just How I Roll o==o>

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by utah300run
    I would like a taller but narrow tire
    I've been looking at Proline Trenchers. They are taller but more narrow than the stock Talons. Check out the Proline website for pics and details.

Another member had received them and started a review thread http://monster.traxxas.com/showthrea...light=trencher