RC Competitor

This really messes up how i think of traxxas quality now

Brand new slash 4x4 ultimate..stock battery car turns over an slides on the top of the body at about 30mph and now thiers 2 holes in m BRAND new cover and the whole top of the car has a million deep sratches that are about to rip through the cheap plastic...wow

RC Qualifier
    TRAXXAS isn't known for their durable bodies
    I know how you feel but trust me you'll get over it pretty quick and realize that other companies are known for durable bodies and have many options.
    JESUS says: "Fix it B4 it Breaks!"

RC Competitor
    wow, upset over scratches in plastic..... I mean come on it slid on it's lid so the whole weight of the truck was pressing on it at 30 mph.
    Now if it really scratched it so badly that it had holes in it after ONE time of doing that, then yeah, you got a body with a thin spot in it. That is gonna happen when a machine is spitting out hundreds?? of these a day.

RC Champion
    You make it sound like it's the trucks fault that it flipped. And yeah, 6+ pounds sliding over rough graveled pavement will leave some scratches on the body.
    Wide Rustler | "Bulldog" Backslash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    Bodies are a dime a dozen get another one and don't get so attached. LOL You can't grade Traxxas on bodies. They have the best support and product IMO. Besides NO body is impervious to scratches. Get a titainium body! LOL!!!!
    Last edited by fastlane01; 11-16-2010 at 07:14 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    traxxas bodies have improved over the years. The bodies on the old hawks and radicators used to shatter upon impact in the cold! The body on my slash was painted and detailed very good for a ready to run body.

RC Champion
    With shoo goo and some dry wall tape my body has endured some extreme hits and tons of abuse...
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Qualifier
    I love the traxxas rtr bodies...some of the best looking paint jobs out there. However...my new mark jenkins body is only two race days old and its got 4 or 5 cracks on the front, rear and mid body already =(

I wanted to get another one, but now am afraid it wont last long enough.

Painting my own would require cost of body, plus paint, masking, time and effort. I'm afraid after all that work, I'd be afraid to race it.

I know, I know...just throw a coat of black on it and get racing, but I've seen alot of unimpressive paint jobs out there and I just dont like that look!
    ERBE | Slash 4x4 PE | MERV | Rustler VXL | Summit

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I have a lot of bodies for my trucks. Ones that are all torn up from having fun, and others that I put on for display purposes. (my workshop looks like a RC museum) IMO the stock bodies are fine considering they were part of a RTR package. There are thicker, more durable bodies out there, but after you've spent hours painting and detailing the aftermarket bodies, you'll really want to bang your head against the wall when they get scratched and torn up!

Just let 'er rip and don't worry about the superficial wounds!
    Speed costs money, how fast do you want to go?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by fastlane01 View Post
    Bodies are a dime a dozen get another one and don't get so attached. LOL You can't grade Traxxas on bodies. They have the best support and product IMO. Besides NO body is impervious to scratches. Get a titainium body! LOL!!!!
    dime a dozen? lol, $40 is a pretty expensive dime. i like to make bodies last as long as i can. as they're one of the more expensive parts on the truck.
    Slash 4x4 MMP-HV 5.5
    Slash Sidewinder SC 3800kv

RC Champion
    Agree it isn't Traxxas fault that you crashed. No different then if you tore off and A arm hitting a pole, it was driver error.
    If the motor failed in the first couple runs that would be different, and you will see in these forums that Traxxas will take care of you.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by FSTR4X4 View Post
    dime a dozen? lol, $40 is a pretty expensive dime. i like to make bodies last as long as i can. as they're one of the more expensive parts on the truck.
    I may have worded that wrong. LOL What I really meant is don't get attached to a body. They will take on damage but rather a $35 body than your electronics or other expensive parts. I have a Jconcepts Raptor and it's holdin up really good. Just do the liner deal sho goo sucks because after a while it peals off. Or at least mine does every time. Even with drywall tape.

RC Qualifier
    I got a proline baja bug body and it's nice and thick. Plus you can roll flip jump and crash the darn thing and i've yet to have it not land on it's wheel's. Plus one for those of us who cant drive...
    Pede/rusty/e-revo/slash/slash4x4/rally/

RC Racer
    hey man, they can't look new forever! lol
    don't worry about it and enjoy the truck.

RC Enthusiast
    Wow, go play with some barbies or something. I mean really???

RC Enthusiast
    Traxxas bodies aren't real strong a jconcepts or proline body would be stronger but you have to paint them. Even with the stronger bodies they still get beat up scratches cracks etc.. You could reinforce the bodies if you want.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk