RC poster

Tracks in North Carolina

Does anybody know of any tracks in North Carolina, preferably in the High Point, Greensboro, Winston-Salem area. How about Charlotte?

ezz16

Cool tracks in nc

email me '''

RC poster

I tried to e-mail you but I couldn't. You must have your options set to not recieve e-mails since that is the message I recieve. You can e-mail me at danielnorris@triad.rr.com

RC Qualifier
    There is a track in Winston Salem at a place called Hobby park. It is kind of hard to find though. It is open to the public and has a paved runway for R/C Airplanes, a bike trail for Mountain bikers and a track for R/C Trucks and buggies. I have been there once and will be going back when it gets nicer out again. I live in Greensboro near I 40 and Wendover and it takes me 30 minutes to get there. I have a t-maxx and have been looking for somewhere/someone to race around with. Let me know if you or anyone else is interested.
    Last edited by Fett; 02-04-2002 at 11:27 AM.
    Fett

Speed is EVERYT

RC poster
    Do you have the address to the place in Winston-Salem. I found a place in Greensboro the other day. The name of it was Atlantic Coast Raceway. It is at Lockheed Court, where ever that is. The only problem for you is that it is indoors and they only run electric trucks. The web site I found it listed on says that it is sanctioned by ROAR. Might be a good place to watch if you can't run. They also have a hobby shop.

RC Qualifier
    Hobby Park is on West Clemmonsville road. If you are on Old Sallsbury, turn onto W. Clemmonsville. Go past Ebert rd. It's about a mile or two past Ebert. It's on the right. It has the brown Park sign on the road that says Hobby Park.
    I have tried that Atlantic Coast Raceway. I even went by there on a Saturday, but there was no one there. I later found out that they mostly just race in the summer.
    What type of viehicle do you run? On road or off road? Gas or Electric?
    Fett

Speed is EVERYT

RC poster
    I know exactly where hobby park is now. I used to go Hanes Mall that way. I can't believe I didn't recognize it. I have an E-Maxx. I've just got into the R/C hobby. I plan on buying a T-Maxx as soon as I have the extra cash. Household bills come first.

RC Qualifier
    We need some decent weather. I would like to see the T-maxx vs E-Maxx! I hear that the E is quicker off the line but I might have you on top speed. Oh yea, I think that Hobby Park has electricity so you could charge up while there if you have a quick charger. Keep in touch, we'll have to arrange a race!
    Fett

Speed is EVERYT

fcfd959

Race Tracks near Winston-Salem

I only know of 2 places to race. One has already been mentioned, and that was Hobby park. There other one is in King, at King RC. They have a nice track, and the store is right beside it. So if you are having problems or if something breaks, then you can go in and let their tech have a look at it.
    I have been with some friends to both places. I just ordered myself a new T-maxx and am excited about getting it up and going. If anyone else knows any other places to race or just run to have fun, let us know.

RC poster
    You wouldn't happen to know if Hobby Park is open in the winter. I was thinking of going up there tomorrow since the weather is supposed to be nice. Just want to check it out, can't run right now, I'm waiting for parts.

RC Qualifier
    Yea, it's open year round. I was going to go on Saturday, but since we've had all this rain, I thought it would be a little soggy. The last time I was there it had rained a couple of days before and there was a big puddle at the end of one of the jumps. Maybe next weekend. (that'll give you some time to get the parts you need)
    Fett

Speed is EVERYT

RC poster
    Would u like to meet up at hobby park sometime