Thread: Heat Shrink?

RC poster

Heat Shrink?

What size heat shrink will fit completely over 12 gauge wire? My wires on my vxl3s are starting to rip.

RC Racer
    Go to your local auto parts or Radio Shack. They have heat shrink 12-14 gauge.
    2wd Slash, Ofna Hyper 9e, 2wd AE SC10, 4x4 AE SC10

RC Qualifier
    Common heat shrink tubing is 2:1 ratio, so 1/4" would probably best suit your needs. You can usually find a variety pack with 4" lengths of various sizes as auto parts stores.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Isotope View Post
    Common heat shrink tubing is 2:1 ratio, so 1/4" would probably best suit your needs. You can usually find a variety pack with 4" lengths of various sizes as auto parts stores.
    Right, most heat shrink will shrink to half it's size. Radio shack, auto parts stores, Home Depot, and hardware stores carry variety packs with different sizes. I use an old blow dryer to shrink the tube.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Isotope View Post
    I use 12ga Deans wire and the shrink I use is 1/4".. Use the smallest size that easily slides over the area you want to insulate.Hope it helps