Thread: Rattling servo

RC Qualifier

Rattling servo

I found today that a 2075 servo I was using had started to make a rattling sound. I took the end pieces off and found nothing loose or anything wrong at all. Upon further investigation I find that a capacitor had fallen off of somewhere inside where I cant get too. Im pretty sure a warranty is out of the question. Is there a way to get the drive motor and circuit board out of this thing?
    Snow

Remove the bottom plate and the top plate and then the internals should come right out. Been a while since I've done that so I cannot remember for sure. I've heard many 2070's and 2075's having this issue. I had it, returned it to Traxxas and got a new one. But I didn't have the servo for very long before that happened.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    I found there were two screws under all the gears holding the motor into the case. Unscrewed those and had to kinda pry it out. Seems that there are little clips holding it in as well. The capacitor inside just kinda fell off, not sure how but it did. I replaced it with one I had layin around and its fine now.
    Snow