RC Qualifier

Nimh Battery options question

Im thinking anout buying one of these new Rally's this friday and im wondering which nimh 6 cell I can run preferably with high mah for long run times. Is the Traxxas 1600 mah 6 cell the only battery that can fit in the compartments. Im noticing all the 6 cell nimh's are 5+ inches. Im thinkin my only option is max amps but those are still 1600 mah I want at least 2000+ can the esc handle dual high mah batteries? I dont feel like messing with lipo or are they to good to pass up only because of the charging, balancing, and risk of fire/explosion?

RC Champion
    orion do a 7 cell pack. that fits.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    my minis cannot fit a sub c pack. they are usually 2/3a packs i think. the sub c's come with the pede in 3000 mah.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I think the stock mini battery is 1200mah... so if you went with 2 of those in parallel youd have 2400mah...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by rpe-Rally View Post
    7-cell packs get shorter runtimes than 6-cell packs
    change gearing. then run more Volts.

RC Qualifier
    I see that Duratrax has a 1600mah 2/3a battery so I might get a few of those. So parallel = longer runs and series = faster speed...

RC Qualifier
    I can afford the lipo's, just dont want to worry about them puffing or catching fire. My next question is can I run HPI offset wheels 3mm front and 6/9mm rear? I want to get the deep dish look in the rear.