Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Insanity's Revo

RC Champion
    Today was a very productive day. I put my new center diff, motor, and ESC in tweener today. Then went out and ran a 5800mah pack through it with no carnage. After that and a nap I went and bought a dirt bike.
    Cads, Insane RC, PWC,and BOAT CORNUCOPIA

RC Enthusiast
    Bump for a thread that I found very interesting while reading over all the posts for the last hour and a half while waiting for my new revo 3.3 5309 come in the mail BLAHHH.. 5 more days!
    Jato 3.3, Nitro Stampede, Rustler Vxl, Slash PE

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by insanity View Post
    Today was a very productive day. I put my new center diff, motor, and ESC in tweener today. Then went out and ran a 5800mah pack through it with no carnage. After that and a nap I went and bought a dirt bike.
    Yeah! What bike you get?!
    Hows that nitro taste on your electric?

RC Champion
    Plat thanks for taking interest in my thread hope some things have helped you before you break in your new revo and congrats your gonna love it.

Merv I got a yamaha yz250f. Just got done riding a little bit ago and love it.

I took tweener to the riding spot and striped a servo horn 15 minutes into the bash session.

RC Champion
    Good choice! The 250f rips! Have fun with it man!
    Hows that nitro taste on your electric?

RC Champion
    Its pretty fun bike just need to set it up for me. The po had it a bit stiff for my weight.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

RC Champion
    A little progress on tweener, swapped in the orange chassis, original shocks with 30w, put 50k front, 30k rear, put the jato shock boots on and replaced a few broken parts.

RC Champion
    Pic didnt post so here it is.

RC Champion
    I had the hex strip out on two of the axial rims. I got tired of the jb weld fix, that works to finish the day but not a long term fix.

So I started with this.

I put my wheels and tires in this.

After a few hours of soaking in the marinade. In this picture I would like to note I was not wearing gloves but shortly after wards wish I had. This is where you also wipe the glue off the bead.

The foams doubled in size. You can get them to shrink back down by rinsing them.

This one I did not rinse it the right way. Here I found that you can retry by soaking the foam in the acetone again.

To get the proper rinse you need to wring out as much acetone as possible. Then run them under luke warm water without squeezing the foam. After the foam is good and soaked with water you can then rinse. If you squeeze the foam as you rinse it will retain its shape that you smashed it to. Kind of like squeezing a sponge in water to make it soak faster, don’t do that.

Foam that has been rinsed properly.

I used the box to keep odor down and use the least amount of acetone as possible. The quart I bought because it was convenient was around $6. WEAR GLOVES this stuff will dry out your skin and if you have a cut it will let you know is short order. If you wish to reuse your rims and they are chromed, colored, or painted it won’t be that way when it’s done.

Before.

After.

RC Racer
    The rim looks a little tore up along the edge did the acetone do that , been thinking about trying some acetone to remove tires , but don't no if it will hurt the rim besides taking the chrome of , and does it take the glue of the tire and wheel , that would be a great time saver compared to boiling them then carefully grinding all the glue of the tire LOL

Thanks for the info

RC Champion
    The rims were chewed up from bashing. It dissolves the glue all you have to do is wipe and rince them clean right when you remove it from the rim.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by insanity View Post
    The rims were chewed up from bashing. It dissolves the glue all you have to do is wipe and rince them clean right when you remove it from the rim.
    Cool man thanks for info I'll go ahead and pick some up and get to work on all my old tire's

RC Champion
    Finally re-taped and glued the tires on the new wheels one bead totally let go and then the tape pulled free.

RC Champion
    Update

I tried fishing line to keep the tires from ballooning worked great until the line busted off. So I tried it again but put dabs of shoegoo in several places still didn't work. Busted the line while the knots survived and I was using some left over 30 pound test. I kind of want to get rid of the trenchers and try something different they are an awesome tire but they grip more than I want them to now. That and I hate these rims I can't keep a bead glued down.

While home on leave I managed to break both the front upper and lower a arms. I had some RPM from a junked out roller I got for 20 bucks. They were the only RPM a arms on it to lol and blue so its kinda meh but hey they work. I diled down the punch control and ditched the Tmax fiber disk brake as a slipper pad and have not trashed my center diff yet so that's a huge plus.

Other than all of that while on leave I caught 2 musky in one day. One was too small to take a pic of but this one right here is the biggest fish I have caught in my adult life 34" 14 pounds. (I caught some 36+" cats and shovel heads as a kid but I really don't count that)

Took my dodge down the strip after adding a 4" exhaust consisting of turbo back cat delete, intake, intake horn, programer, and gauges. I ran a full second faster. I let off before the 1/4 mile was up then got back into it in the first one. The second and third I was lining up against a buddy running twin turbos and a lot more fuel than I was his best time was 13.7 at 104 my best time was 14.8 at 90. My truck is consistent at least.

Had an awesome cook out I smoked these for about 4 hours.

Was a great leave really enjoyed my self.

RC Qualifier
    chickin.. i like chickin. whats wrapped in bacon?
    I dream of big block power...

RC Champion
    Sausage and the chickens were drunk.

RC Champion
    Forgot to mention I seen mushroomhead live.

RC Champion
    Innny what are you beating on now for a rig? tried the gas yet? hope your summer is going good man.
    15 IS Enough, Time to thin down the fleet some.

RC Qualifier
    Yea that one chickin did have a little to much to drink
    I dream of big block power...

RC Champion
    Al I have been beating on the revo, the 10tt and my new SC10 4wd FT kit lately the gasser is still in pieces just don't have the motivation to finish it right now. When I can I ride the dirt bike but it needs a new exhaust and tires put on it. Give me a call this weekend if you get a chance.

Chris yes it was a light weight LOL.

RC Champion
    Well it has been a while since I posted here. Nothing new with tweener it is in a box in my storage unit. I deployed to Afghanistan and I ordered a HPI supper 5sc, blade mcpx, and a friend is sending me his ofna hyper 9e to pass the time here.

Thanks for your service! Stay safe!
    The Super Derecho

RC Champion
    You are welcome and I will.

RC Champion
    A lot has happened since the last post here so Im gonna revive this dead thread. So I got a wild hair up my 4th point of contact and ripped tweener down for a clean and inspect. Good news nothing needed rebuilt just cleaned. Today I hammered in a 4s lipo and bashed in the side yard. All was well and man did I miss running a RC. In true insanity fashon there was carnage a wire desoldered off of the battery side plug.

20190324_122932

20190324_170734

20190326_182509

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011