Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Insanity's Revo

RC Champion
    I am getting the itch to drive it again but it is colder than I care to be out side for long periods of time.

RC Qualifier
    Maybe you could try some aluminium foil over the head? I do this when breaking in engines in cold temps (reaching the sacred 200F).
    TBH I do not run my nitros in those temps/snow... the cleaning/drying part is too much for me, even if I love working on the bench. You are my super hero
    And thanks for this thread, it is amazing to follow your adventures!

Keep it up!
    Nitro Humanum Est
    Reto 3.3

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by orph3o View Post
    Maybe you could try some aluminium foil over the head?
    I was obviously talking about the engine head, not implying that you may be paranoid or anything
    Nitro Humanum Est
    Reto 3.3

RC Champion
    Its not the truck Im worried about the paper and socks I have used work. I my self dont want to be cold lol.

RC Champion
    Hey insanity, have you tried foil around the head in these cold conditions? Works great for me, I was running today, it was in the 20's and I don't have enough space to crack it open for long but I was making around 200 and I was covered with snow like you are in that picture. The best upgrade I did this week was get a 26 gallon air compressor, it made clean up a breeze compared to my little pancake compressor. Takes a while to get it all dried out and cleaned up after filling it with snow but it's worth it.
    15 IS Enough, Time to thin down the fleet some.

RC Champion
    Havent tried foil yet. I dont have space for a air compressor eather...

RC Champion
    I finally got around to getting outside to run the revo today. It was 25 out and only got 2 tanks through it before my fingers went numb through my gloves. The paddles just rocket this thing forward in powder, but it don’t like to shift into second.

RC Champion
    [QUOTE=orph3o;4677589]I was obviously talking about the engine head, not implying that you may be paranoid or anything [/QUI

I dont know Orph, i,ve heard good things about pyramid shaped foil on the head.......lol

Insanity, what are the part numbers and names of your wing and mount?
    Last edited by cadmanslayer46; 01-29-2011 at 04:43 PM. Reason: more content
    Master of Traxxas engine longevity....

RC Champion
    Wing mount its traxxas 5411, the wing is a proline 1/8th high down force.proline 1/8th high down force
    Last edited by insanity; 01-29-2011 at 05:21 PM. Reason: added link for wing

RC Champion
    cool, thanks, been thinking about the wing deal,.....

RC Champion
    I mainly it on there to protect the motor.

RC Champion
    i just bought the revo sway bars, and the ebay site i bought from said you have to have wing mount to use them, so, ok, i get the wing mount,lol

RC Champion
    The wing mount dose free up a lot of space. When it is time for me to get sway bars I will go with tekno. As Double G stated once that they are inboard and do not need modification to the rockers.

RC Champion
    My new dodge body came in today Ill try to get it painted soon.
    Cads, Insane RC, PWC,and BOAT CORNUCOPIA

RC Champion
    Guys I need some advice here the dodge body I have is not as long as I thought it would be. It will fit but not the way I thought it would. It looks like a perfect fit for a 2.5 chassis but not so much the 3.3. So I can either mount the body clear the roll bar or cut a giant hole in the bed for it to slide through and be a crap tasticly looking head ach rack. Which I would loathe because I bought this body to mimic my ram 1500. It looks perfect all the way forward just too where the rear body mounts clear the tail gate. It looks silly all the way back. Here are some pics of it, and my dodge for refrence.

So the question is what can I do about the roll hoop, dont really think removing it would be a good idea. I could fab one out of steel I have a mig and tools to do so. Then there is choping a ugly hole and showing it off with a function over looks, which I would not like eather. Or a custom roll cage that would fit under both bodys.

Last edited by insanity; 02-25-2011 at 06:07 PM.

RC Racer
    How funny is that, I came home today with a Ford F650 Proline body and it's sitting on top of my truck right now just like yours, I've never messed with painting or fitting up a raw body so I figured it would be a good weekend to learn some new skills, I've been reading up on it, lol I didn't know all the painting is done from the inside. I have two tones of blue and two tones of red, I also picked up a revo body that has that carbon fiber type of graphic already on it and you just add paint. Sorry dude that I have no input for your issue, rookie body guy here.
    www.morancy-adventures.blogspot.com

RC Champion
    bummer on the fitment issues Insanity, I am a body rookie as well, looks like it would be beautiful if it was a 3.3 length body though.....

RC Champion
    Ya I think im gonna have to visit TSC and custom make a roll hoop for it to help protect the cooling head.

RC Champion
    Took it out for a run today could not get it tunrd right to run smoothly for the life of me. O well always next time and Ill put it back to stock settings and go from there.

RC Champion
    Took the revo out for a bash tonight. Charnage update later!

Carnage update NOW!! This thread is useless without pics!
    The Super Derecho

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Carnage update NOW!! This thread is useless without pics!
    Sorry had to clean my room for an inspection tomorrow that may not happin. Plemenary is drive shaft and clutch bell spring. Had the tune going good, good sound goos smoke pinch was just before 3 seconds. But was having the tell tale broken clutch spring so it started bogging down I still bashed it anyways.

RC Champion
    Clutch spring wasn’t broken but the clutch was worn out approximately 2mm worn off and a really stretched out spring.

Broken DS.

Not bad !
    The Super Derecho

RC Champion
    Not at all I was thinking there may be some trans damage to but it checked out with out tearing it apart.

RC Champion
    Tonight’s bash session 2 tanks of 20% I think I like it a little better than 33% just a smidge easier to tune. For a beginner that is what is needed at least for me. Tonight’s carnage a shiny new wheelie bar… A center diff and rear brakes are going to be on my next order. Tune was great smoke throughout the RPM range great sound no stuttering temps where kind of all over until I got it in a sweet spot. Had wheelies at the start then they went away probably the slipper wearing down. O well I think I will live without wheelies if I have total control throughout the RPM range.

Also Im gonna give my spektrum system one more shot with the capasiter if not Im gonna office space it.

RC Champion
    Next run I have when there is enough light I will have my on board camera instaled. Prepare to get sick with my crappy driving, so have a bucket handy.

RC Champion
    I decided to create my own glitch buster using an end of a servo that I had lying around that was junk. Sometimes being a packrat pays off. I went to the shack and picked up a 35v 2200uf capacitor for 5 bucks, not a lot cheaper than buying one off of horizon but there is no shipping involved. I used a pic, soldering iron, solder, diagonal cutters, capacitor, soldering stand, shrink wrap, lighter, and some electrical tape. I hope that the voltage capacity of the capacitor is not too high to allow it to work. I would like to thank ArmyOfDarkness for supplying the info for the capacitor.

Capacitor.

Tools used.

I tined and soldered the ends.

I then finished it with some shrink wrap over the joints and over the two wires. Like a noob I split the wires down to the end rather than just what was needed to do the job. I then added tape to help immobilize the wires around the capacitor for protection.

RC Champion
    Next time I see you with a broken Revo troop, thats fifty pushups you owe me!!!!!!! cool idea on the capacitor.....

RC Champion
    Thanks spektrum offers one but I wont be ordering from them for a while. Note 2 this is mucho over kill as a capaciter goes compared to spektrums Odds are if I break it I have a spare ready to go in.

RC Champion
    This did not work tested it out tonight and still some where just over 100 feet I loose all controle. I will test a sr300 and see if it is still a problem.

RC Champion
    The test for the sr300 was cut short I killed my last glow plug. I will pick up some more and try again...

RC Champion
    Also tonight was not my night for glow plugs 3 killed in one tank.

RC Champion
    And the night just gets worse, I checked one of the glow plugs and the filament was missing. I will let the pictures tell the rest.

RC Qualifier
    wow thats some vandamage..!!!!!...that little plug filiment caused all that?..

RC Champion
    Time for a Red Dot.

RC Champion
    The cracked head pipe caused a lean condition causing the filimant to break off causing the con rod to split.

Al I have a complete spare 3.3 in that green box I work on. Once that one goes red dot time. I want some otherupgrades first namely single steering servo, center diff, and rear brakes.

RC Champion
    That's awesome then, great list too.

RC Champion
    whats the capacitor do? sorry i havent been following the whole time
    Hows that nitro taste on your electric?

RC Champion
    The spektrum rx will have a drop in voltage sometimes and brown out once that happins it goes into fail safe. The capacitor is supposed to keep the voltage from dropping preventing the brown out.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast