RC Champion

Favorite wife mad story..........

a couple of years ago, i spent 90 bucks at the lhs, while i was still in the store, my wife calls and screams, "whats this 90 dollar charge at ---- ----- hobbies"?, she had to have been checking out the bank website, and saw it immediately, post your favorite, there has to be some funny ones..........
    Master of Traxxas engine longevity....

RC Qualifier
    I was going to reply, but I think I would fill up the server for this site too quickly
    Censorship is wrong

RC Racer
    I feel sorry for you guys my wife has spent more for me at mine then I have not including the new truck.
    Stampede VXL upgraded broken stuff.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by maddoughboy View Post
    I feel sorry for you guys my wife has spent more for me at mine then I have not including the new truck.
    does she have a sister, lol, i could deal with washington state again, was at ft lewis 1983 to 1985,lol

RC Champion
    Well, while my wife and I were dating about 16 years ago I bought an RC10 gold pan kit, Tx/Rx and servos, charger, and batteries. The bill was almost $600!! When she came home and saw me putting it together she real excited, NOT!!!! She said "box it up and take it back, or I'm never coming back"!! After several attempts to change her mind, I swallowed my pride and called the LHS I purchased from. Well, you all know how that goes with this hobby!! He was willing to give me 80% back after some "explaining". Needless to say it took until 2009 to get another hobby grade rc (Pede XL-5). I am able to laugh about it now, so I hope you guys do too. BTW, happy 1000th post to me!!!
    Was an xl-5, now its vxl-ent!

Quote Originally Posted by dcsally97 View Post
    Well, while my wife and I were dating about 16 years ago I bought an RC10 gold pan kit, Tx/Rx and servos, charger, and batteries. The bill was almost $600!! When she came home and saw me putting it together she real excited, NOT!!!! She said "box it up and take it back, or I'm never coming back"!! After several attempts to change her mind, I swallowed my pride and called the LHS I purchased from. Well, you all know how that goes with this hobby!! He was willing to give me 80% back after some "explaining". Needless to say it took until 2009 to get another hobby grade rc (Pede XL-5). I am able to laugh about it now, so I hope you guys do too. BTW, happy 1000th post to me!!!

Sorry to be a party pooper, but you got only 999 posts.

I don't have a wife! I'm a teenager. xD
    I broke it again . . . \_(ツ)_/

RC Champion
    I had 999 yesterday, it should've gone up one post. Oh well.
    Was an xl-5, now its vxl-ent!

RC Qualifier
    Alley post don't count, but now you do have 1000 post since you posted somewhere else. Back on topic, I don't have any that I can tell on here since it is a family/children friendly site.
    Last edited by jcjhl69; 11-23-2010 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Spelling
    Drive it, Break it, Upgrade it

My wife has never been mad at me for spending money. I don't have any to spend cause I'm broke!!!

But any time I have spent money on anything we have to discuss it together first. So she does not get mad at me for that.

She is a very patient woman too, in 10 years she has been really mad at me 1 time..... It will be an experience I never will forget, it was like the Devil had unleashed all of his demons onto her and I was in the crosshairs.... Very scary..
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

^You don't have to tell me about that....^ I know I looked like a deer caught in the headlights of oncoming traffic when she let loose on me....
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Competitor
    It didn't go over well with my wife when I bought a new clodbuster kit, then a JPS aluminum kit, then a LRP speed control, then two new motors, Hitec MG servo (think it was the 645),body, rims and tires, shocks. I also bought a Novak Millennium charger and power supply. I had to promise things that sparkle to get her to calm down. I rarely used the truck because I had so much $$ in it; though I don't recall exactly how much that was.
    Stampede VXL
    Rustler VXL
    Nitro 4Tec VXL

RC Champion
    My wife spends more time at the LHS than I do. She works across the street and likes to converse with the ladies that run the LHS. She spends more money there than I do. She orders all the parts I need and picks them up at times. She bought my Slash 4x4 on my bday without me knowing. And everytime time she says something about what ever truck part I want or truck I buy, I simply remind her of all her shoes, purses that sit and only get used once a year and then it's the end of the story...
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Qualifier
    Busselton, Western Australia... but where in Busselton... that's what we do not know...
    Happy 1000th Doug! Next is the back pains and slow loading, haha! I celebrated my 200th not long ago.

great posts guys! Funny!
    Can you break a Rusty?
    Umm...No...No, you can't.

gregthegreat
    Quote Originally Posted by Dknuckles View Post
    My wife spends more time at the LHS than I do. She works across the street and likes to converse with the ladies that run the LHS. She spends more money there than I do. She orders all the parts I need and picks them up at times. She bought my Slash 4x4 on my bday without me knowing. And everytime time she says something about what ever truck part I want or truck I buy, I simply remind her of all her shoes, purses that sit and only get used once a year and then it's the end of the story...
    when i try that tack it backfires cause she says she NEEDS all those things, and dont NEED rc stuff....lol

RC Champion
    Hey Lars I won't mention that she is usually right there with me playing with the rc's as much as I do. She is getting a rally for christmas. Don't worry her and I won't be breaking our marriage up any time soon. lol She likes my rc's...

dcsally97 Congrats on the posts.

gregthegreat I feel your pain...

A couple months back I had a list of truck parts I needed. I wrote the part name down besides the item #. I asked my wife to order them. So when they arrive she tells me how much. It was alot more than I expected. Instead of ordering servo gear sets for all our trucks she ordered all new servos. That was one of those moments I had to bite my finger.
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Qualifier
    my X used to get so mad at me! she once said it was my toys or her... man I miss her!
    you must be fast, you were right behind me

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by dknuckles View Post
    a couple months back i had a list of truck parts i needed. I wrote the part name down besides the item #. I asked my wife to order them. So when they arrive she tells me how much. It was alot more than i expected. Instead of ordering servo gear sets for all our trucks she ordered all new servos. That was one of those moments i had to bite my finger.
    ouch!!!!!!!!!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by cadmanslayer46 View Post
    does she have a sister, lol, i could deal with washington state again, was at ft lewis 1983 to 1985,lol
    Nope no sister, she is from Lacey. Probably the thing that has helped me the most is the fact that your brother has always been ito rc and she was never alowed to play with them since her parents even said they are boy toys.
    Stampede VXL upgraded broken stuff.

I feel for y'all, the only time I get flak from the missus is when I'm to slow gettin her truck re-setup after major breakage.
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Champion
    My wife isn't too thrilled with my hobby but she is the first one to admit that it could be alot worse. I've thinned the fleet down substantially to only 5 cars and trucks, 3 helicopters and a couple of planes. I used to have about 3 times that amount.. As long as there is money in the bank and the bills are getting paid, she seems OK.. Her biggest complaint is the amount of space they take up...
    Maxx3.3/ rusty5700/ slash3800/ slash5700 /4tec3.3

RC Champion
    my wife lets me spend what i need/want to, as long as the bills are paid!!
    rustler vxl 2.4

RC Enthusiast
    I should get a lot of RC's before I get married then.
    Savage FLUX
    T-Maxx Picco
    PE-REVO
    8IGHT 2.0

RC Champion
    About 7-8 years ago I bought my wife a E-Maxx and it changed her from someone who thought R/C's were stupid overpriced toys to someone who now owns a E-Maxx(same one, many upgrades), a T-Maxx, and a FG MT. I don't think she'd ever get into racing but it's nice to go bashing with the whole family and now days she even does her own maintenance and smaller repairs.

The only time she ever got mad over something R/C related was when my son crashed a micro heli into a antique display cabinet and broke a piece of etched glass and smashed a few small porcelain figures. Let's just say my son didn't drive or fly anything for awhile after that and the house became a permanent no-fly zone.
    Revo.27TX/Jato.18/Maxx523/Maxx3.3/GMAXX/Rusty/ERBE

RC Qualifier
    Hi guys.My lady don't mind me spending on trucks,as long as I don't go too mad

Bought a small TV for the bedroom. She came home, pretty mad and asked why I bought it. Told her it was for her, that watch tv was something she was really good at!
    Slash 4x4
    Stampede 4x4
    Stampede 2WD

RC Champion
    my fiancee get's a little annoyed when i spend a little time working on on a car... but then i tell her how many vehicles some of you guys have. lol

RC poster
    Mine doesn't even blink when i walk into the house with any new toy be it r/c or 1:1 car stuff

My last outlay was over $1000.00 for a new rc heli and radio no problems as long as the bills get paid and we are both working and our kids have grown up and left home

She even just bought me a new summit vxl 1/16 and a new rally vxl 1/16 along with a 4 lipo's for xmas (hurry up mr post man the suspense is killing me)

Find a good woman look after each other and have as many toys as you like

RC Qualifier
    Well I have a "special fund" Money I buy and sell things off craigslist here and there. I keep the cash hidden. When I need something expensive I take the cash and pay for 1/2 of it and then use the debit for the rest. Then she really never knows!!!! Shush.........
    Wouldn't you like to know...

RC Qualifier
    I hate the charges reflecting on the website right away like that. Especially around Christmas. I have a secret credit card that she knows nothing about for purchases like that.
    T-max,Revo,S max, VXL Revo, and A Jato on the way.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
    I hate the charges reflecting on the website right away like that. Especially around Christmas. I have a secret credit card that she knows nothing about for purchases like that.
    steve, i have tried that twice, i guess im not slick, and got caught twice,lol.........