RC Racer

Lights going out.

I have got my first issue with my Summit. The lights go out at full throttle in 2nd gear only. I am still running the EVX 2 esc & Titan motor. The batteries were fully charged. Does this mean that my Titan is on it's final days? It doesn't do it at low to mid throttel, just full. I doesn't do it at all in 1st gear.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Do the lights dim or actually go out. I would say dyeing batts. But even on lipos the lights will dim when at full throttle.
    MAN, Use Common Sense.
    Outside? THERE IS NO BOX !

RC Qualifier
    hey, sounds normal, i wouldn't worry about it.
    it has somthing to do with either the batterys or the esc not delivering enough voltage to the lights when ur drawing a lot of amps going full throttle. mabey the eletronics guys got better words for it.
    T8 sensored/Xerun-150a/custom chassis/fit body

It's normal, usually when the batteries are discharged or cheap and/or at full throttle...

He Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins.

RC Racer
    Thanks guys. This is the first time it has ever done it. The lights go out & then come back on once i back off from full throttle.

RC Competitor
    Mine only does it towards the end of my packs when I'm on NiMH. My LVA goes off before it does it when I'm on LiPO.
    4x4 Slash
    Summit
    Revo 3.3 BL---sold

RC Qualifier
    Mine always does it. Don't worry about it. I think it is because when you get to full throttle, the esc draws so much current from the batteries to run the motor that there is none left over to power the lights.
    Why can't other people share my opinions?

RC Champion
    are you using Nimhs bug? if so you might try cycling them, kinda weird that it never did it before now. it is possible your motor is just drawing slightly more due to wear and tear. mine started doing this when I switch over to dual 550 motors on nimh packs.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?536733

RC Racer
    Thanks guys. I am using Lipo's. They were fully charged (so i thought). It looks like my Lipo's may be getting to the end of their life. I tried it with another set & it stopped doing it. I am also considering the dewalt conversion soon. I have had a good run from the Titan, over 18 months of towing & bashing.

You won't regret the dewalt.I was quite happy with the titan until i tried the dewalt.Now I'm really happy, I won't be goin back
    my truck is 14.5 lbs without batt's now so the extra torque was just what i needed
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I would add a glitchbuster cap to the rx, should help prevent the lights dimming as the esc's BEC voltage output sags:

http://www.gshobby.com/index.php?mai...f2e3006962d802

you can make you own for cheaper though, its just a spare rx pigtail & a small ~2000uf 12v 105*C capacitor you can buy for a few $ at an electronics store. If you dont have a spare slot on the rx, get a servo Y-splitter and plug it in on the lights chanel, then plug in the cap & lights.
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

RC Enthusiast
    Mine usually only flicker towards the end of a pack...which I've found helpful so far because I know to start heading back to my car when the lights start flickering...carrying this heavy truck for any long distance is a drag. haha I've also thought about throwing in my 6-cell 1600mah batteries that I use for my 1/16 E-Revo so I could plug those in just to get the Summit back to the car (I walk into the woods quite a ways to run it sometimes).

Indeed carrying this truck is not that much fun mines 14.5 lbs.same here where i run can be a chore just getting back to the truck let alone carrying the truck too LOL
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Racer
    ArmyofDarkness thank you for that idea.