RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar

Traxxas lists NOW SHIPPING

Just noticed it on the Traxxas Stampede 4X4 page it says NOW SHIPPING... Wonder when tower will get theirs. +10 days is when Ill get mine.

RC Qualifier
    Busselton, Western Australia... but where in Busselton... that's what we do not know...
    I'm sure you're pretty excited about it eh? Maybe it'll come, maybe it won't, haha.
    Can you break a Rusty?
    Umm...No...No, you can't.

RC Enthusiast
    I have pre-ordered one, as of late October. I haven't heard anything yet from Tower. I am under the impression that they were going to contact me when mine ships. I might call later this morning.
    4x4 VXL Stampede on 3S power

The hobby shop my son works for got their shipment of the new Pedes last night. They should be in the system and on the website some time today.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Enthusiast
    I just spoke to tower and they claimed that they do not have them in or an official release date. The site still lists est. early December for the release date.

RC Enthusiast
    Just spoke to my local Hobbytown and they don't have them yet either. They usually receive shipments around 1-2pm, so in a few hours I should know something.

Just called my LHS they will have them tomorrow 12/3/10 @ $399.99
    Found one on E-Bay as of right now, BIN $399.99 + $18.50 s&h...I wonder when the chop shops are gonna start selling?
    My previous sig conflicted with a forum policy.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by dave00bear View Post
    Just called my LHS they will have them tomorrow 12/3/10 @ $399.99
    Found one on E-Bay as of right now, BIN $399.99 + $18.50 s&h...I wonder when the chop shops are gonna start selling?
    Thats what im waiting for-Ebay roller's. I just registered today on this forum but i've been messing w/ traxxas products since the first pede came out in the mid 90's. so ive been around. Right now i have a slash 4x4/slash 2wd BL (ezrun 8.5T)/A custom FLM 1/8 scale jato a-armed 2wd stampede w/ Gravedigger body and 3.2 maxx mashers on maximizer X-75 beadlocks/Revo 2.5R w/O.S .18TM and shelf queen re-release lunchbox.

RC Qualifier
    Ya I'm waitin for a roller too so I can transfer my electronics from my vxl

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedester' View Post
    Ya I'm waitin for a roller too so I can transfer my electronics from my vxl
    LoL-im doin the same thing. Im transfering all my vxl stuff from slash 4x4 into a pede 4x4 roller (just bought a 2075 servo off ebay for it). Then ill upgrade my slash 4x4 w/ a hobbywing xerun 150a 2000kv 6s capable system. Cant wait to build and bash it in some snow.

RC Qualifier
    While your upgrading your slash you should drop a mamba monster in it ha

RC Qualifier
    yea I saw a pic of the stampede 4x4 box from that dealer on Ebay, I want to get my hands on a roller!

RC poster
    I preordered mine before the price increase at tower. got it for 359.99 after using the 40.00 discount code and free shipping, mine arrived Dec 7th. first thing i did was lower the body, could not stand it sitting above the chassis so high there was a gap.

Post a pic of it lowered down. We all want to see that. Also, how did you lower it? Modify the front body mount? Ive got Slash 4X4 body mount to go on mine... figuring they will work just as good as cutting and modifying the stock front mount.

RC Enthusiast
    +1 on wanting to see the body lowered down. I was told I needed to get Slash body mounts. I bought them, but I don't see how they moumt to the Pede. Thanks...

RC poster
    I would post a pic if I had a place to post it. looks like you need a location to post picks since i cannot upload directly from my computer. when I figure it out I will post, it definatly at least to me looks way better sitting even just a little lower. about 3/4 of an inch, wish traxxas would have done this in the first place.
    Last edited by mharris562; 12-13-2010 at 02:18 PM.

RC poster
    I simply cut the posts off up to where the disc is at top of mount, then epoxied the discs in place . works great and way simple and really strong.

You need to host your pics at a site like Photobucket. Simply create an account (free) upload your pics and use the linking services from that site to this one. If you plan to stick around here for a while your going to need a way to host pics at some point anyway so you might as well set it up now.

My suggestion is to get your pics hosted and create a new thread for the lowered body pics so people can easily find it. I wanna see real bad.

RC poster
    thanks,will go create an account now.

RC poster
    ]
    Last edited by mharris562; 12-13-2010 at 03:11 PM.

RC poster
    Last edited by mharris562; 12-13-2010 at 02:51 PM.

RC Champion
    that look awesome did you modify the back at all??? or just the front???
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

RC poster
    back and front, just cut the posts all the way off. with a lot more work yo might be able to go another 1/4 inch before it hits the shocks, the front can be lowered more. but this was simple and made it look so much better that i am happy with the results.

RC Qualifier
    Looks great. Do you still use the screws?

RC poster
    Nope I just used a little epoxy and cemented them in place. very strong, there was not much left for screws.