Thread: winterizing

RC poster

Cool winterizing

hey guys. I'm a bit new to this forum, although ive been into rc cars for a while. This spring i purchased by first nitro rc car. And what can i say... ITS BEEN A BLAST Ive never had so much fun with an rc car. I love the smell and sound. And how its like a real car. But now that its snowed i think its time to winterize. how do i do that?
    My truck thinks it's a plane.

Winterize as far as storing it for the winter or driving it?
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    storing it.
    My truck thinks it's a plane.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Drain fuel tank, spray some WD-40 down the carb throat, remove the glow plug and spin the engine with the EZ start for 10 seconds or so. Replace plug, remove batteries from Rx and Tx. You're all set. It's a good idea to throw any rechargeable batteries on the charger every couple of months. Even better, get a charger that can cycle (discharge, then charge) your batteries.
    Speed costs money, how fast do you want to go?

++ arceeguy, engine and batteries are #1 and #2 on the list... You could get by with just that. One day when you don't have anything going, do a partial teardown, and clean eveything up real well. I like to remove my wheel bearings for example and soak them in some WD-40, wipe them off and re-install them. I also take this opportunity to clean and re-oil my shocks. Doing the little things like that will make your maxx last and perform better year after year.
    With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound...

RC Qualifier
    i tear mine completely down and clean it thoroughly. I also clean all bearings and relube pillowballs and reset the toe and camber. I use after run oil instead of wd40 thats because i have so much after run oil.
    Revenge 1/8 buggy