Water cooled batts???

Anybody seen these?LiPo battery 6500 2S 7.4v Traxxas Spartan Battery https://www.maxamps.com/maxamps-wate...EgJyWvD_BwEWhy Why would you need them? I run SMC 9k mah batts >40 min run time and when it hits lvc the batts are warm but not hot, well within acceptable temp range. So I dont understand the need. I like the idea of the pump pulling water through system instead of relying on pressure on rudder to push water through system. Ive noticed at lower speeds often times theres no water coming out of cooling ports. So questions are:
    1. Why does a 2s pack need to be water cooled?
    2. Has anyone used an electric water pump to cool electronics or even used as a bilge pump? (If so are they reliable?)

I need just one more rc, then Im done,
    Last edited by Briber; 09-26-2017 at 02:03 PM.
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

A person can go that way (with water cooled batteries and a water pump), but I went this way.

With my ESC Cap and CC Cap Pack coolers, along with two separate cooling lines coming into my Spartan, I don't have any cooling problems with any of my boats electronics. Then what I do with my batteries, instead of cooling lines, I monitor their temps using my Traxxas telemetry program.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    A person can go that way (with water cooled batteries and a water pump), but I went this way.

With my ESC Cap and CC Cap Pack coolers, along with two separate cooling lines coming into my Spartan, I don't have any cooling problems with any of my boats electronics. Then what I do with my batteries, instead of cooling lines, I monitor their temps using my Traxxas telemetry program.
    I like how you routed the lines. Think Im gonna switch my Stampede telemetry over to the Spartan. I got the 2 pick up rudder and upgraded cooling jacket on motor with dual exhaust port. I just dont see (ive never had batt heat issues) a need for water cooled batts. That that was kinda going odd/overboard lol.

Using the pump that comes with them or getting a pump to use as a billage pump would be cool because I always have a little water in bottom when done running. Or if boat happened to go under maybe itd keep it from sinking... idk just thinking out loud here... lol

I need just one more rc, then Im done,
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...