RC Racer

finally!!!!!!!!!!!

Traxxas finally came out with monster jam race replicas!!! I'm hoping that I can get it for my birthday. There is Grave Digger and Grinder. If you don't know where I found it it is on the homepage. So what do you think of it?
    <nitro rustler.15>< vxl slash>

I think that is pretty cool. Monster Jam is a big deal at my LHS they always bring in a truck or two and park it out front along with various vendors setting up tents with give a way's like decals and pictures signed by various drivers. Now I am wondering if Traxxas will be involved at the goings on at my LHS.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    Is it basically a stampede chassis ??

RC Racer
    It is the stampede with some extras.
    Stampede VXL upgraded broken stuff.

RC Qualifier
    The Gravedigger looks sweet ! should be cheap , $200 ish?
    ERBE - 8ight T/E - Kyosho Inferno

RC Champion
    Looks like they will be a touch over 300. I kinda want the Grave Digger, but its only 2wd...

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXAVPM**&P=7
    Last edited by insanity; 01-07-2011 at 10:06 PM.

I like them as well, they look pretty cool!

I would expect it to cost a little more than the Stampede XL-5 model. The price Tower is listing is way high as they normally do until it comes in.

-Brett
    4wd Sportmaxx 3.3
    E-Revo - Mamba Monster - Neu 4s

RC Racer
    i called traxxas and they said $320 plus shipping. i think that is fair since they have newer parts like the tires.
    <nitro rustler.15>< vxl slash>

RC Champion
    I just want the body and and green parts. My son loves Grave Digger. We go to as many Monster Truck Jams as we can! Way to go Traxxas!
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Champion
    Don't particularly like it, but I'm not expected to like every Traxxas product. I personally think they are fairly unattractive for much cheaper you can get... the same RC, a Stampede.
    Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Grand National's Avatar
    When I saw this I grinned. They look so awesome!
    Casper - 2001 Dodge Cummins (my baby)

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    The ken block rally is what, $30 or so more than the stock rally... I would expect these trucks to be around $225-230 ish when they are available... That would be fare for the extra parts, different wheels/tires and a licensed body.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    The ken block rally is what, $30 or so more than the stock rally... I would expect these trucks to be around $225-230 ish when they are available... That would be fare for the extra parts, different wheels/tires and a licensed body.
    I agree. They are about 1/3 over priced IMO.
    Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

RC Qualifier
    They look good, but I would have loved to see a solid axle 4x4x4 monster truck! o well. All i want is the max d body! I got a great 4x4x4 truck that can go on!!!
    Teamextremerc check us out online or at Youtube

I honestly, not a fan of it. It looks cool, don't get me wrong but I rather spend the money on upgrades for the RC before it.
    I broke it again . . . \_(ツ)_/

RC Champion
    Watching them crush the bodies of electric 4tecs just gives me soo much hope about a new one.

RC Qualifier
    They were already giving them away at monster jam in Detroit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ERBE ~ Rusty VXL ~ Pede VXL ~ 2 Slash 4X4's

RC Qualifier
    Yeah they had a Grinder one at the one in MN at the monster trucks. Didnt think any of it beacuse it looked like a stampede with a grinder body. He did say that traxxas was coming out with them. Still with it would have been 1/8 SOLID AXLE. That would be the beast
    Teamextremerc check us out online or at Youtube

I would have thought they would have used a TMAXX over a Stampede as far as being a Monster Truck model. I was betting Traxxas was going to do this, especially after they stopped sponsoring the full scaled TMAXX Monster Truck. Smart on Traxxas's part... Good way to keep their name out with the gearhead enthusiasts.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

Wait a minute. So these trucks are 2-wheel drive, 2-wheel steering, 4-wheel independent suspension, 1/10th scale electrics?

Am I the only one that can see how badly Traxxas missed the mark on these things?

Quote Originally Posted by harry697 View Post
    Wait a minute. So these trucks are 2-wheel drive, 2-wheel steering, 4-wheel independent suspension, 1/10th scale electrics?

Am I the only one that can see how badly Traxxas missed the mark on these things?
    Yes they are all those things and although I see where you are coming from I dont think Traxxas missed the mark at all and I bet time and sales figures will show Traxxas hit the mark dead on. They will sell because they are visually so similar to the real deal not because they are mechanically accurate to the real deal.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    i want the grave digger towers price says 224$.
    Take Responsibility do not text and drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    Yes they are all those things and although I see where you are coming from I dont think Traxxas missed the mark at all and I bet time and sales figures will show Traxxas hit the mark dead on. They will sell because they are visually so similar to the real deal not because they are mechanically accurate to the real deal.
    No doubt they will sell. Kids love monster trucks. Heck, I still love monster trucks. LOL. Just saying that if I were to go through the effort to put a Grave Digger body on something I would like it to be sorta scale and resembling the original. It just doesn't seem very Traxxas-like when you look back at all the innovative ideas they've come up with in the past.Doesn't make me like my Traxxas stuff any less though.

RC Champion
    Wonder how high in price the ebay chop shop auctions will go for just the body alone. I think there will be high demand for the bodies alone. Personally I've wanted a MaxD body for a long time, but I have no use for the configuration they're selling it with.
    ------
    hmmm, I've never seen it spelled that way.