RC poster

Slash 4x4 Truggy Conversion

Has anyone taken their Slash 4x4 and made it look like a"truggy"?

I'm thinking about buying one and getting some Masher 2Ks, removing the huge bumpers, side guards, and mounting a truck body.
    I was originally thinking it would be better to go with the Stampede 4x4 but I like the idea of the longer chassis and the fact I'll be able to make some money selling the body, tires, and other parts in not going to use.

Questions:

What rims should I get?
    What body would fit the best?
    Wing mount?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Why buy a slash and do all that to turn it into something its not? Just buy a truggy.... My .02 cents.

RC poster
    Because I want a durable, single battery, single motor, 1/10 scale basher. That looks like a truggy and has all of the great Traxxas features.

RC Competitor
    I cant tell you part numbers or anything but this wouldnt be hard its basicly a back slash conversion without some of the buggy parts just search for back slash conversion for some of the install pointers, add a wing find a body that fits and put some of the proline v3 wheels (those are the 1/8 scale buggy wheels that are alittle wider than regular 1/8 scale buggy wheels) on it and you got yourself a 1/10 scale truggy
    Last edited by Basskiller; 01-10-2011 at 12:07 AM.
    4x4 Ultimate
    "Hold my beverage and watch this!"

RC poster
    I was thinking the Masher 2Ks since they would give it a killer look and more gc. Any chance of a Rustler or other ST body fitting? I'm guessing they would be too short...

RC Champion
    Here's my version.

Jones
    Having too much fun!

RC poster
    What body is that and do you have any more pictures?

RC Champion
    It's a Pro-line Shift body for the 8ight T.

[IMG]http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff399/jones8352/P0000747.jpg

[/IMG]

Last edited by Jones8352; 01-10-2011 at 02:45 PM.
    Jones
    Having too much fun!

I went more 1/10 scale truggy. This is a Crowd Pleazer body for a Savage.

_
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.

RC Champion
    I like your body (the truck) better than mine. It might have looked better if I would done a multi color paint job. I was going for black. I'm about ready to put a buggy body back on. They look and handle better. What tires are those? I like the look and they should be real good in loose dirt and mud.
    Jones
    Having too much fun!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by asheck View Post
    I went more 1/10 scale truggy. This is a Crowd Pleazer body for a Savage.

That with a wing is exactly the look I'm going for.

RC Qualifier
    Rustler and Pede bodies are WAY too short and skinny. The Pleazer above looks sweet! You can use any rim that has clearance for the steering. My buggy wheels have a 1/2 offset for a little width. Need to tweak a bit then I can put some picks up.

RC Qualifier
    @asheck
    It be nice to see how you mounted that body
    JESUS says: "Fix it B4 it Breaks!"

Those are the Losi Zombie 320s. http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSB7213 on a Torque 30 series rim. I was happy with them as an all around tire, they didn't do great anywhere, but did good everywhere. Being roughly the same height as stock, at twice the width, truck handling is greatly improved.

For the front, I just used shortened body posts from a Stampede or similar. The rear is a ballend, screwed directly into the shocktower.

IMO the rear bumper was also a mod worth doing. The way it keeps the angle, it can be used effectively as a wheely bar, yet seemed to retain it's strength.
    I recently sold my Slash, but kept everything to do these mods. My plan is to use this setup with a Stampede 4x4, and a Rustler body. Should look basically identical, only shorter.
    _
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.

RC Qualifier
    man those sure look good.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by asheck View Post
    Those are the Losi Zombie 320s. http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSB7213 on a Torque 30 series rim. I was happy with them as an all around tire, they didn't do great anywhere, but did good everywhere. Being roughly the same height as stock, at twice the width, truck handling is greatly improved.

For the front, I just used shortened body posts from a Stampede or similar. The rear is a ballend, screwed directly into the shocktower.

IMO the rear bumper was also a mod worth doing. The way it keeps the angle, it can be used effectively as a wheely bar, yet seemed to retain it's strength.
    I recently sold my Slash, but kept everything to do these mods. My plan is to use this setup with a Stampede 4x4, and a Rustler body. Should look basically identical, only shorter.
    I'm probably going to end up with something 99% like yours but with Masher 2Ks.