RC Racer

Upgrades???: Just got a new Slayer - Pro 4x4

I just got a new Slayer and I need to know what other owners have done to enhance the performance of their Slayer RC.

I've researched some of the previous posts and I've got sway bars, 50 oil wt., and a Moto Saver Air filter.

What other performing enhancing upgrades would you recommend (and why)? Thanks

RC Enthusiast
    when you start popping out pivot balls just go strait to aluminum knuckles. rpm knuckles will give you just as much trouble as stock. the new slayer doesnt need upgrades. its rediculously fast without them and handles like a dream. maybe spings. i have double purples and double blacks. dont waste money on tires and wheels. the bfgs work great. just upgrade parts if they break. but the slayer needs nothing to make it fast. it just is fast.

i do agree with the stuff you already have listed tho. except air filter. never heard of it and the traxxas ones have worked great for me.
    Slayer 4x4 "The General"

RC Enthusiast
    Not much for upgrades yet like most other models, but definitely get yourself a nice set of misc spare parts
    Slayer Pro

RC poster
    What ever you do don't put a motor saver junk air filter on it. Those things have been known to fall apart and dirt will get sucked into your engine and ruin it. I use an RB Products buggy filter, never had a problem. Put locktight on the screw!
    Last edited by hemulator; 01-18-2011 at 06:14 PM.
    33%

I see no need in "upgrading" the 2-stage Traxxas filter. Keep the money and put it towards sway bars and different shock and differential oils.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    All great comments. I do recognize it's got some speed to it already ... so I'm not so hung up on going faster. I'm more so interested in maintaining control and maneuverability at various speeds.

I'm also surprised by the post on the motor savor air filter. I own 4 other nitro RC's and I have them on all of them. The motor savor fiting for my Jato gave me the most concerns, but after I hit a speed bump at full speed ... turning the Jato into an instant nitro powered jet, the air filter settings/housing was all ok & in tact.