RC poster

Traxxas Rally 1/8th Scale ( MMM 2200kv )

Well, I had a Revo, wich I converted to a E-Slayer before the Slash 4x4 was released.
    When the Slash 4x4 was released, basically the slayer was just standing on a shelf.
    When the rally came out, I though, yea, that'd be a nice car to have. too bad its a wee bit small to drive on any surface.
    then I took a look at my Slayer, and it'd been decided.

That evening I took appart the Slayer, and bolted the suspention to a E-Revo chassis I've borrowed from a friend.
    the result of that might not have been particulairy pretty, but it did set the tone.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...l/DSC01721.jpg

After gathering the final bit i needed, I started looking for a body that would actually fit. Now there's a tough task. Next to impossible finding an 1/8th scale on-road body with a wheelbase that would actually fir the E-Revo chassis.

I got sort of lucky at a small store, where they had a old rally body lying around.

I'm no good with paint, But I think it looks decent enough.

At this point the wheels were still too far inside the body. and seeing as I couldnt find offset rims for a 1/8th scale buggy, I looked into other options.
    Thats when I looked at the Traxxas website, and noticed the Slayer Pro, wich had a wider track.
    So I ordered a set of those suspension arms and toe-links, and was pretty much set!
    With the Slayer Pro suspension, It looked like this:

Now thats more like it.

All I had to do at this point was to setup the suspension right, and take it for a whirl.
    I put on P3 rockers, and 5.9 springs in the front and 5.4 in the rear.

As you can see, plenty of ground clearance left.

The end result so far:
    [/QUOTE]
    Forgive the crappy driving... its the first time I attempted to drift, and also the first time that car actually drove.
    I'm using the same 6s Lipo's I've been using for over a year in my E-Revo brushless edition now.

At this point, I actually hope Traxxas is going to make this car. Firstly, since I'd get a good fitting bumper easely that way. (hasnt got one yet. )
    And because I like the body styling of their models so far.
    a Friend of mine is going to build one too, now that he knows how its done. Hope there will be many more to follow! Either way, all the parts I've used for this car are Genuine Traxxas parts. (except the motor/ESC, the wheels/hubs and the body. )

Just posting it here, so people can read it. Maybe some people with a E-Revo would want to build a Rally 1/8th themselves too!

RC Qualifier
    Nice work. However, thats a perfectly good waste of an awesome TRUCK! lol. To each his own. Im not knockin ya for it ;-)

RC Qualifier
    Looks like he has another revo below in one of the pics but I was thinking about doing that to my erbe with prolines new camaro body
    Big Block KB
    ERBE Tekin rx8
    MERV Basher

RC Champion
    What new camaro body? You sure you weren't looking at HPI's website? And if you were thats too small for revo.
    Last edited by slowenuff; 01-23-2011 at 04:34 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    I would love for traxxas to make a 1/8th rally car.

The 1/16th rally is just way to small....and in europe we prefer a bigger size then that

So traxxas get on ur desks and create a 1/8th rally for us !! (please)

For now i will just rebuild one of my e-revos to a rally

RC poster
    Well, I have a E-Revo Brushless edtiotion still. :P I basically took appart my E-Slayer conversion for it, so nothing's wasted there. wouldn't want to miss my Revo to be honest.

I Like the 1/8th scale Rally tough. It's basically a On-road car, with 4cm ground clearance (more than most Buggies have I recon.) and the durable chassis of the Revo.
    Have to make a skidplate or something like that, to make the body survive jumps. But once I get that sorted, I think it'll be able to go on a off-road track aswell. would be fun to race I hope!
    Last edited by Klamath; 01-23-2011 at 05:08 AM.

RC Champion
    A center diff and a diff oil change is all you need now

RC poster
    I definately don't want a center diff in there. You'll lose most of the braking power on the front wheels that way, something I'm not going to try.
    Perhaps a bit thicket oil in the diff's might be a good idea tough.

RC Champion
    My truggys and buggys only use center diffs. The brakes are still awsome. Maybe the center diff doesnt work well with revo, Ive never used one in any of the 6 or 7 revos Ive had.

RC Qualifier
    Ok........I LUV IT!! Awesome creativity you have going on there. Got a spare chassis laying around and enough parts to build a revo 3 times. might make me up one of these. thanks for the idea.
    Youtube Search- Tommy Wooten RC

RC poster
    Please do, its a blast to drive! (and thanks for the compliment. ^.^ )
    I've been jumping down sets of stairs with it already. (not the ones at home, but in a park, so about 6 feet wide, and a drop of about 2 feet. (over 4 steps)
    So not really big-air jumps or anything. but seeing as its a pain to find a suiting body at the moment. (the Kyosho GT2 body should fit perfectly. but since its rather expensive, I'm not willing to take the gamble and order one. :P )
    Either way, its a On-road car with a bit over an inch of ground clearance. (so more than most 1/8th scale buggy's I suppose.)
    and the durabillity of the E-Revo. Meaning this might aswell be the first RC-Rally car that would actually work propperly offroad. (imo! )
    Due to the ground clearance, ofc it doesnt handle like a buggy. But since I've put P3 rockers on there with 5.9 and 5.4 springs, its no SCT either. To be quite honest, I find the handling to look very realistic. It roll's a bit in the corners, but really not that much, and the steering is very precise. now all I've got to do is actually learn to drive it! >_< its a lot more edgy than my E-Revo, Slashes or E-LST2, thats for sure.)

I really really hope Traxxas is going to make it. (I mean, appart from the body and wheels, they got everything in-house. I only used original Traxxas parts.)
    I'd love one of those Ken Block Ford Fiesta bodies on my Rally now!
    (if thaxxas is going to make it, I hope they don't forget about me, lol )

Quote Originally Posted by freeagent View Post
    My truggys and buggys only use center diffs. The brakes are still awsome. Maybe the center diff doesnt work well with revo, Ive never used one in any of the 6 or 7 revos Ive had.
    I have a center diff in mij Revo, and that works really great. except when breaking very hard, then the rear wants to step out to the side. thats the only reason why I dont want to put a center diff in this one. I want to be able to blok all 4 wheel quickly, while turning hard, easy way to start sliding I've noticed. (that in combination with some cheap 1/8th scale buggy tyres make a good drifting combo imo. while still beeing able to go quite fast. )
    I also recon that it'll get quite a lot of understeer when adding a center diff, and quite a lot less traction off the line.
    (thinking about it, all those XRay, Tamiya and whatnot touring cars all dont have a center diff either. so perhaps its better for on-road use.
    Last edited by Klamath; 01-24-2011 at 07:04 AM.

RC Champion
    really like the low chassis to ground.... nice job in every way.. bet its great to drive
    Slightly Addicted

RC Champion
    and the drifting too :-) thumbs up
    Slightly Addicted

RC poster
    thanks. (but well, the drifting was,.. well, pretty much useless. :P but I can use the excuse that this was actually the first time the thing moved on its own power. )

All I have to do now is make a big skidplate for under the front of the body. (so I dont tear it off when I make a landing. because yes, its going to go on a off-road track aswell. its a Traxxas car after all, so its gonna be abused and has to survive that. :P )
    Still hoping they're gonna make a 1/8th scale Ken Block Fiesta body. If they do, I'm gonna be all over it, haha.
    (still looking at the 1/16th scale version of it.. jsut love the grafics on it.)