RC poster

Arrow Question on bullet connectors.

So when I buy my 2650 MM and my MMP will the bullet connectors be the right size so I can hook them right up or do I need something else?

Thanks.

RC Champion
    They will not fit without changing something

MMP has 4mm bullets, 2650 motor has 6.5mm bullets

Cheers
    Slash Platinum
    SCT MMP / 2400kv

RC Competitor
    I used the 6.5mm castle bullets on the mmp. NO soldering iron needed just take the bullets (be careful cause they will get squished very easy when u heat them up) and put them in the flame from a propane torch and heat them till VERY hot about 30 45 secs is more than enough take some electronics solder( with flux center) and place the wire in the bullet and the just touch the solder wire to the inside of the bullet, quickly place your pre-tinned MMP wire into the bullet and in less than 5 secs it will be a solid connection. be careful every thing will be very hot. I recommend turning a fan on in the room some where not directly blowing on the work area to keep the little amount of smoke from setting the smoke alarms off doesn't take much to set them off. Very easy.
    MMP
    Nue/Castle 2650
    4x4 Ultimate
    Slayden Setup

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by SCTRacer View Post
    I used the 6.5mm castle bullets on the mmp. NO soldering iron needed just take the bullets (be careful cause they will get squished very easy when u heat them up) and put them in the flame from a propane torch and heat them till VERY hot about 30 45 secs is more than enough take some electronics solder( with flux center) and place the wire in the bullet and the just touch the solder wire to the inside of the bullet, quickly place your pre-tinned MMP wire into the bullet and in less than 5 secs it will be a solid connection. be careful every thing will be very hot. I recommend turning a fan on in the room some where not directly blowing on the work area to keep the little amount of smoke from setting the smoke alarms off doesn't take much to set them off. Very easy.
    May I suggest not ever promoting dangerous ways of not using the right tools for the job.
    I have done many things that got the job done but as far as going on a public forum and then recommending it to someone else is simply wrong.
    Not to mention the many kids who visit this site, please use your head when posting.
    JESUS says: "Fix it B4 it Breaks!"

RC Competitor
    Not promoting correct ways maybe you should check your knowledge buddy because The top manufacturer of bullet connectors shows this method on the companies web site. The actually highly recommend not using a soldering iron for bullet connectors and throw one in the trash when they do the install demo so before you think you can tell me Im wrong get your facts straight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your a real ...blankedy blank....Im sure this forum is 99.9% people under the age of 10 if this is how you act u are included in that demographic.....
    MMP
    Nue/Castle 2650
    4x4 Ultimate
    Slayden Setup

RC Competitor
    I have a soldering iron and all the other "correct tools" but I find this way is safer because you know you are getting plenty of solder in the bullet and you don't need to mess around with 800 degree soldering gun trying to get it just right in the bullet to get the solder right this method is safer faster better smarter and on and on and on...I think Im done on this forum people like you can have this place I can't take this kind of idiot tirades anymore if it aint you its the million forum rules and how ever the people in charge deem t interpret them. I'm going to where ever the big boys play.
    MMP
    Nue/Castle 2650
    4x4 Ultimate
    Slayden Setup

RC Competitor
    Hehe! Did someone throw their toy out of the pram?

I'd advise people that are not familiar with soldering to get help doing it. Soldering 6,5mm bullets can be a pain in the behind if you don't do it right.

RC Champion
    Pre tin the wire. Coat the inside of the bullet and the wire with electronics FLUX. A 60 watt solder iron and 60/40 solder will work just fine.
    If you have the newer lead free solder you will need higher iron temps.

YES a small hobby propane torch will work with proper precautions.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by SCTRacer View Post
    Not promoting correct ways maybe you should check your knowledge buddy because The top manufacturer of bullet connectors shows this method on the companies web site. The actually highly recommend not using a soldering iron for bullet connectors and throw one in the trash when they do the install demo so before you think you can tell me Im wrong get your facts straight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your a real ...blankedy blank....Im sure this forum is 99.9% people under the age of 10 if this is how you act u are included in that demographic.....
    I'd like to see these links of the top manufactures saying to do it this way over the safer soldering method.
    Actually if I were you, I would've posted the links with your post to properly educate me.

I would absolutely recommend another way of doing something that requires more careful attention with first knowing their skill level of accomplishing a task without harm. There is simply no way to determine that on a public forum that is more dedicated towards beginners in hobby grade RC's.
    Last edited by KingdomRacer; 01-24-2011 at 01:57 PM.
    JESUS says: "Fix it B4 it Breaks!"