Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 53
  1. #1
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    58

    Need 2s Lipo Recommendation

    I have decided to purchase a 2s lipo. I feel it will have better control for me, and I can go off-roading on stock gearing without worrying about frying anything. Can anyone recommend a good pack? I prefer a high mah rating for longer run times. A higher charging rate for faster charging would be great too. I also don't want to spend more than $100 on it if possible. I would prefer that it come with the Traxxas connector already soldered, but it's not a dealbreaker. Here is the pack I'm looking at now:

    SMC Sport Max LiPo 7.4V 6000mAh 28C Hard Case Traxxas
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXXFZ7&P=0

    I have also looked at this pack for the higher mah rating (and it's cheaper):

    Venom LiPo 2S 2P 7.4V 8000mAh 25C R/C Car Univ System
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXXLJ2&P=0

    I don't want to get a battery that is completely overkill (ie. way more amps than the motor/esc can even use), but I'm not even sure of the amperage of those components. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

  2. #2
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    J-town, NJ
    Posts
    91
    I went with promatchracing.com packs. I got two 2s 5000mah 25c for around $80 and get great run times and power.

    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Grand National's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southern Maryland
    Posts
    3,037
    There are some eBay people that sell Blue LiPo's with Traxxas connectors already soldered on them, and Blue LiPos are great IMO!

    http://cgi.ebay.com/Blue-LiPo-2s-500...item4aa7fd4151

    There are also people on eBay selling Zippies and those are a good buy too!
    Casper - 2001 Dodge Cummins (my baby)

  4. #4
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by rcmonkey View Post
    I went with promatchracing.com packs. I got two 2s 5000mah 25c for around $80 and get great run times and power.

    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Wow those are cheap at $40 a pop. Will I notice much of a difference between those packs and the SMC or Venom? What about the Promatch 50c - is that worth it for $70?

  5. #5
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    J-town, NJ
    Posts
    91
    I was going to say blue lipos too but have no experience with them. Pretty cheap at hobby partz, but aren't they soft case? Promatch will solder on any connector, are hardcase, and by all accounts great customer service. I can't comment on other batts as these are the only lipos I have. Maybe someone else will chime in on the other questions

    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    45
    I recently bought a sky lipo 2s 40c 3000mah pack from hobbypartz.com for around 18 bucks and i'm really liking it in my pede'. It's so much more controllabe then a 3s pack and is still plenty fast. You have to solder on traxxas connectors , but hey, if I can do it with a crappy 25 watt soldering iron , anyone can, heh.

  7. #7
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by dugsagun View Post
    I recently bought a sky lipo 2s 40c 3000mah pack from hobbypartz.com for around 18 bucks and i'm really liking it in my pede'. It's so much more controllabe then a 3s pack and is still plenty fast. You have to solder on traxxas connectors , but hey, if I can do it with a crappy 25 watt soldering iron , anyone can, heh.
    How long are your run times on a 3000mah?

  8. #8
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    138
    does it have to be top of the line?
    racers edge makes a really good 2s 25 5000mah battery for $48 bucks and its a great battery!!

  9. #9
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand National View Post
    There are some eBay people that sell Blue LiPo's with Traxxas connectors already soldered on them, and Blue LiPos are great IMO!

    http://cgi.ebay.com/Blue-LiPo-2s-500...item4aa7fd4151


    There are also people on eBay selling Zippies and those are a good buy too!
    i found the same battery for a little less then on the bay!!
    http://www.hobbypartz.com/83p-5000ma...4-30c-car.html

  10. #10
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    300
    I like my ******* 2s 5000!

  11. #11
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand National View Post
    There are some eBay people that sell Blue LiPo's with Traxxas connectors already soldered on them, and Blue LiPos are great IMO!

    http://cgi.ebay.com/Blue-LiPo-2s-500...item4aa7fd4151

    There are also people on eBay selling Zippies and those are a good buy too!
    Blue lipos are great, but that seller is asking an $18 markup on those batteries. It's better if you just buy them yourself and solder it on.

    http://www.hobbypartz.com/83p-5000mah-2s1p-74-30c.html

    Same battery, free shipping. You will have to solder the TRX connector on though.

    I personally have these and haven't had a single problem with them yet. They've even outlasted my SPC lipos.

    http://www.hobbypartz.com/83p-5000mah-2s1p-74-20c.html

    $20 a pop for 5000 mah 20 C batteries. That's all I need for bashing. They are a tight squeeze though. If you're concerned with them being too tight of a squeeze since they're softcase, you can get these:

    http://www.hobbypartz.com/77p-sl5000-2s1p-20c-2222.html

    Also $20 each, and they should fit no problem, although I haven't tried them personally myself yet.

    Edit: Oh, and they all ship from within the US. None of them are from Hong Kong.

  12. #12
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by P'noRcer View Post
    i found the same battery for a little less then on the bay!!
    http://www.hobbypartz.com/83p-5000ma...4-30c-car.html
    I would like to get those too, but they're always out of stock lol.

  13. #13
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    58
    So will this hard case version fit?
    http://www.hobbypartz.com/83p-5000ma...4-30c-car.html

    I have to say, $25 for a 5000mah 30c 2s is a pretty hard deal to beat.

  14. #14
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    83
    I have read here and other forums that it might be a good idea to go with 25C or higher output rating. Is this true? I'm thinking to get some blue lipos, 2s 5000 mah 25C or 30C.

  15. #15
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    252
    Best bang for buck just maybe the ******* 5000 40C hard case out of the US warehouse. Search for ******* 5000 40c to find the source. The few extra bucks for the 40c are very worth will. They have much better punch then the lighter C rated batteries.

  16. #16
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by sandblaster View Post
    Best bang for buck just maybe the ******* 5000 40C hard case out of the US warehouse. Search for ******* 5000 40c to find the source. The few extra bucks for the 40c are very worth will. They have much better punch then the lighter C rated batteries.
    Do they fit though? I compared some to the stock battery tray dimensions (142mm x 48.5mm x 23mm), and they were too big.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 01-26-2011 at 12:58 PM.

  17. #17
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    58
    What about this Gens Ace? It's 5300mah, 25c, and charges at a 5c rate. Plus it's only $33. Anyone use Gens Ace before?

    http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-30c-5300-2s1p.html

  18. #18
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by jackjohnson View Post
    So will this hard case version fit?
    http://www.hobbypartz.com/83p-5000ma...4-30c-car.html

    I have to say, $25 for a 5000mah 30c 2s is a pretty hard deal to beat.
    Yes, it'll fit.

  19. #19
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by Geodude85 View Post
    Yes, it'll fit.
    Great! Now where can I buy it?

  20. #20
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by sandblaster View Post
    Best bang for buck just maybe the ******* 5000 40C hard case out of the US warehouse. Search for ******* 5000 40c to find the source. The few extra bucks for the 40c are very worth will. They have much better punch then the lighter C rated batteries.
    Not totally true.

    I have:
    3s
    ******* 3600 x 30c (40c burst) = 108A (144A burst)
    Venom 5400 x 20c (40c burst) = 108A (216A burst)

    2s
    ******* HC 4000 x 30c (40c burst) = 120A (160a burst)
    Dynamite HC 5300 x 25c (n/a) = 132.5A
    SMC HC 5200 x 24c (n/a) = 124.8A

    Given they they are the same number of cells they all run the same. If you noticed they all have one thing in common. They can all run over 100A continuous. With a stock traxxas vxl system you will not gain anything by going over 100A, this is the max that the motor can draw. Yes the ESC is rated much higher but if the motor won't draw it, there is no need to be able to supply it. General rule of thumb for maximum battery life is to not run constantly over 80% of the rated amperage capacity which i realize the 108A and 120A batteries do not cover the 80% rule but real world, when are you ever over 80% load for the entire race? Save the extra money....

    Don't believe me?

    http://www.traxxas.com/sites/default...50X_manual.pdf

    Page 10
    Slash 4x4/Slash 2wd
    RPM EVERYTHING!

  21. #21
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by zerolatency79 View Post
    Not totally true.

    I have:
    3s
    ******* 3600 x 30c (40c burst) = 108A (144A burst)
    Venom 5400 x 20c (40c burst) = 108A (216A burst)

    2s
    ******* HC 4000 x 30c (40c burst) = 120A (160a burst)
    Dynamite HC 5300 x 25c (n/a) = 132.5A
    SMC HC 5200 x 24c (n/a) = 124.8A

    Given they they are the same number of cells they all run the same. If you noticed they all have one thing in common. They can all run over 100A continuous. With a stock traxxas vxl system you will not gain anything by going over 100A, this is the max that the motor can draw. Yes the ESC is rated much higher but if the motor won't draw it, there is no need to be able to supply it. General rule of thumb for maximum battery life is to not run constantly over 80% of the rated amperage capacity which i realize the 108A and 120A batteries do not cover the 80% rule but real world, when are you ever over 80% load for the entire race? Save the extra money....

    Don't believe me?

    http://www.traxxas.com/sites/default...50X_manual.pdf

    Page 10
    I'm only asking this because I'm a battery newb, and I'm not sure of the answer. If you can't gain anything by going over 100a continuous, then why did you get batteries that are 120, 124, and 132a? Is there no benefit to those more expensive batteries? I read somewhere that while the motor is rated at 100a, it can actually take more in burst. Is that true?

  22. #22
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    3
    I've been using 2 different hardcase "budget" 2s lipos for bashing in the 4x4 and would recommend either one. Both are ******* from the USA warehouse for $19.99 each. They both fit into the battery tray with no modifications, but you will need to add your own plugs. They come with bullet style plugs and large 10 guage wire. I use Deans plugs which are no problem to solder on, but I'm not sure how difficult it is to squeeze the larger guage wire into the Traxxas connector.
    One is 4000mah, 30-40c: Product=14988
    The other is 5000mah, 20-30c: Product=14976
    Both are about identical size, the 4000 has a little more punch and the 5000 has a little more run time. I'm not racing with these packs so I don't have any detailed performance numbers but they are the best value lipo I have used.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 01-26-2011 at 01:05 PM.

  23. #23
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by jackjohnson View Post
    I'm only asking this because I'm a battery newb, and I'm not sure of the answer. If you can't gain anything by going over 100a continuous, then why did you get batteries that are 120, 124, and 132a? Is there no benefit to those more expensive batteries? I read somewhere that while the motor is rated at 100a, it can actually take more in burst. Is that true?
    Although i don't claim to have seen everyone's data logs, the highest pull i've seen on the VXL motor is 103A in burst. The motor is actually rated at 65A continuous 100A burst. The reason for the amperages shown on the batteries is that you'll never get it perfect. It is better to have more than less no doubt but at a certain level it becomes all to unnecessary. If i would have bought the 2s *******'s at a 20c instead i wouldn't have had enough to cover the 100A requirement. It is better to have more than less no doubt but at a certain level it becomes all to unnecessary. The 5000 40c previously recommended would have a 200A rating which is double what the motor suposedly draws at a max.

    When i look for a battery here are my requirements:
    1. Amps >=100 (more is better but not worth more money)
    To calculate this its .001 x MAH rating (the 1000's number) x C rating ( I.E (.001x4000mah)x30c=120A )
    2. mah - how longs this thing going to last? Generally the higher the number the longer it goes, the longer it takes to charge, the more it weighs.
    3. Weight - this is a trade off, is a long lasting battery worth making your car heavier? (more important in extreme bashing and racing situations.. sometimes, but rarely, weight is better...)
    Slash 4x4/Slash 2wd
    RPM EVERYTHING!

  24. #24
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    252
    For battery weight, check out this interesting thread.


    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-set-of-lipo-s

  25. #25
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    54
    What about SPC lipo's?

  26. #26
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by jlo767 View Post
    I've been using 2 different hardcase "budget" 2s lipos for bashing in the 4x4 and would recommend either one. Both are ******* from HK USA warehouse for $19.99 each. They both fit into the battery tray with no modifications, but you will need to add your own plugs. They come with bullet style plugs and large 10 guage wire. I use Deans plugs which are no problem to solder on, but I'm not sure how difficult it is to squeeze the larger guage wire into the Traxxas connector.
    One is 4000mah, 30-40c: Product=14988
    The other is 5000mah, 20-30c: Product=14976
    Both are about identical size, the 4000 has a little more punch and the 5000 has a little more run time. I'm not racing with these packs so I don't have any detailed performance numbers but they are the best value lipo I have used.

    Are these the packs you're talking about?

    Edit: Woops, looks like Traxxas doesn't like me linking to their site.

    They seem like a great deal too.

    I wish these cheap lipos were around when I first joined into the hobby xD I would have saved so much money.

  27. #27
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by jackjohnson View Post
    I'm only asking this because I'm a battery newb, and I'm not sure of the answer. If you can't gain anything by going over 100a continuous, then why did you get batteries that are 120, 124, and 132a? Is there no benefit to those more expensive batteries? I read somewhere that while the motor is rated at 100a, it can actually take more in burst. Is that true?
    It's better to be safe than sorry, pretty much. I'm no battery expert, but I've been running nothing but 5000 mah 20 C (100 amp) packs in my VXL systems for over a year now, and I've never had a problem.

    But. If you ever do decide to upgrade the Velineon motor to a more power hungry one, it's good to have those higher amp packs around

  28. #28
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    58
    Thanks for all the inputs guys! This is starting to make a whole lot more sense to me now. Just to clarify from your posts...

    It's better to go slightly over the amps required by the motor, but any more is overkill and will yield no performance benefit. For example, a 5000mah 30c (150a) or 5000mah 50c (250a) will provide no performance benefit whatsoever on my 100a motor over a 5000mah 25c (125a). And this holds true regardless of whether you are talking about a 2s, 3s, or other. Is that all correct?

  29. #29
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22
    You've got it. I think i said it in one post, the best bet for battery life (longevity) is to use no more than 80% of the battery's max at a constant rate (this is more important for planes than it is here as they are running 80-100 throttle under normal conditions) but if you are the type of guy that just wants it for speed and goes full throttle back and forth down the street keep the 80% mark in mind.

    This holds true reguardless of voltage. if you have a 5000mah 25c 3s and a 5000mah 50c 3s you'll have the same results, (provided the battery is operating as advertised) comparing 2s to 3s is completely different though.
    Slash 4x4/Slash 2wd
    RPM EVERYTHING!

  30. #30
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by zerolatency79 View Post
    You've got it. I think i said it in one post, the best bet for battery life (longevity) is to use no more than 80% of the battery's max at a constant rate (this is more important for planes than it is here as they are running 80-100 throttle under normal conditions) but if you are the type of guy that just wants it for speed and goes full throttle back and forth down the street keep the 80% mark in mind.

    This holds true reguardless of voltage. if you have a 5000mah 25c 3s and a 5000mah 50c 3s you'll have the same results, (provided the battery is operating as advertised) comparing 2s to 3s is completely different though.
    Great, so if I understand correctly the ideal battery amperage for our motor (and to maintain battery life) then is 125a (.8 x 125a = 100a). If anything more is overkill, people should stick with 125a.

  31. #31
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22
    perfect, the 125a will actually never be peaked entirely but with the life span of the pack in mind thats the direction i would go.
    Slash 4x4/Slash 2wd
    RPM EVERYTHING!

  32. #32
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    58
    I wish I would have waited then. I jumped the gun before truly understanding this and bought the pro-match 5000mah 50c. Since that's 250a, it's kind of a waste of money at $75. I may cancel the order and get something different. I honestly can't even find a 5000mah 25c that is cheaper than the 5200mah 30c ******* (at least that is in stock). I may just go with that since it's $24. Let me know if you think this is ok:

    Also, I'm not sure what Traxxas part I need for the batt - do I just need the gold plated female trx connector? I have the Venom pro charger, but I'm not sure if it handes the JST-XH balancing plug (it's at home and the manual sucks). Anyone know?

    Thanks guys.

    Edited for Content
    -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 01-27-2011 at 10:49 AM.

  33. #33
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22
    The traxxas part for the battery ends is either the 3060 which is one male/one female or the 3080 which is 2 female.

    You don't have to go crazy with matching the amperage, if 30c what you see then go that route, it really comes down to price, if for some reason you would find same brand same mah but a higher c rating for the same or less money go for it. A high C rating won't hurt you, but there is a point where it becomes useless.

    I can't say for sure on the venom pro charger, the only thing i can tell you is that the venom battery i have has the jst-xh balancing plug on it. Based on that i would assume that their brand of chargers would be jst-xh...

    FYI: links to outside vendors won't post, its a traxxas site, they don't want to steer business away.

    Total garbage. Get your facts straight.
    -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 01-27-2011 at 10:50 AM.
    Slash 4x4/Slash 2wd
    RPM EVERYTHING!

  34. #34
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by zerolatency79 View Post
    The traxxas part for the battery ends is either the 3060 which is one male/one female or the 3080 which is 2 female.

    You don't have to go crazy with matching the amperage, if 30c what you see then go that route, it really comes down to price, if for some reason you would find same brand same mah but a higher c rating for the same or less money go for it. A high C rating won't hurt you, but there is a point where it becomes useless.

    I can't say for sure on the venom pro charger, the only thing i can tell you is that the venom battery i have has the jst-xh balancing plug on it. Based on that i would assume that their brand of chargers would be jst-xh...
    Awesome, thank you. Now to change out the plug, I just cut off the old plugs with wire cutters and solder the traxxas female connector on the end, correct? Why can't I just use something an adapter like #604BCC-HCLB on hobby king and avoid soldering altogether?

  35. #35
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22
    I've tried to look for an adapter myself but never found one. I don't know quite as much in this department, as the reason i know a lot about the batteries is quite frankly lipos scared the crap out of me so i wanted to know everything i could about them before starting to use them.

    What i've seen posted in the past is that through adapters you will probably have power loss no matter how good the connection may be, so most everyone solders on the new connector.
    Slash 4x4/Slash 2wd
    RPM EVERYTHING!

  36. #36
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by zerolatency79 View Post
    I've tried to look for an adapter myself but never found one. I don't know quite as much in this department, as the reason i know a lot about the batteries is quite frankly lipos scared the crap out of me so i wanted to know everything i could about them before starting to use them.

    What i've seen posted in the past is that through adapters you will probably have power loss no matter how good the connection may be, so most everyone solders on the new connector.
    Great thanks. I will solder the connector then just to be safe.

  37. #37
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    40
    Soldering that connector can be a real pain, btw. If you're not familiar with the technique, watch a few youtubes on it first. I soldered some ******* batteries where the wire was so thick, it had to be shaped almost perfectly round and centered on the lead in order to fit in the connector.

    Following up on what Zero is saying, some may try to tell you a 250A battery will hold better voltage than a 125A battery under a heavy load. I have seen plenty of data suggesting this is more a function of battery quality than amps. There are plenty of charts showing lower amp packs maintaining voltage under load better than much higher amp packs, as well as charts showing exactly opposite. Just check the reviews on the pack you're looking at. I've had my lowly ******* pack alongside some pretty high end, high amp stuff, and found no difference on a stock Velineon.

  38. #38
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. asheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    7,360
    Regardless of what some people think, when comparing accurately rated battery, you will see an increase in performance from a higher amp rated battery. Even if the amperage supplied is much higher then your motor will draw. There is no evidence showing anything otherwise.
    Here is a graph at 35amps, and look at the difference's in voltages in batteries that supply more then 100 amps.

    At 70 amps it becomes more pronounced.


    However, ratings vary much between manufacturers, so the quality of the battery, and who is doing the rating must be taken into account.
    _
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.

  39. #39
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by asheck View Post
    There is no evidence showing anything otherwise.
    Evidence?

    Exibit A - A background in electrical engineering, but that doesn't mean much to you so...

    Exibit B - A shootout lipo test from a well known public source...



    Ace - 5000 40c (200a)
    Venom - 5000 20c (100a)
    Checkpoint - 5000 40c (200a)
    Empire(Hyperion) - 5000 30c (150a)
    ***** - 5000 30c (150a)
    JGB - 5200 35c (182a)
    Common Sense - 5000 40c (200a)
    winforce - 5000 30c (150a)

    My point being that it has more to do with pack quality than anything to do with that surplus amperage you seem to enjoy stockpiling.
    By saying keeping voltage under load is what makes the pack your basically telling everyone out there that ***** = hyperion, and i bet you don't want to do that do you? (both were 7.18v under load)


    The defense rests....
    Slash 4x4/Slash 2wd
    RPM EVERYTHING!

  40. #40
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. asheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    7,360
    You seemed to have missed this,
    when comparing accurately rated battery, you will see an increase in performance from a higher amp rated battery.
    Because I also say
    However, ratings vary much between manufacturers, so the quality of the battery, and who is doing the rating must be taken into account.
    Thank you for posting the proof of this.

    However if you look at the graphs I posted, using SPC batts for reference, same manufacurer, same rating system, you can clearly see that even under a 35amp load, the battery with the highest amp rating performs better. This is undisputable, as the battery manufacturer himself will detest to.
    So unless you can show me where a battery that is rated, by the same people, at 100amps, that performs as good as a battery that is rated at 200amps, in a relevant situation, then this statement,
    Regardless of what some people think, when comparing accurately rated battery, you will see an increase in performance from a higher amp rated battery. Even if the amperage supplied is much higher then your motor will draw. There is no evidence showing anything otherwise.
    is true.

    Now I don't want to get into which battery is best, and I know that you don't need an overwhelming amount of amps, generally 50 is enough, but you will feel a difference going to a higher rated battery, regardless of your motor's draw.
    Last edited by asheck; 01-26-2011 at 05:32 PM.
    _
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •