RC poster

anyone else have problems painting Traxxas Prographix body?

I bought a new stampede body for my son's xl-5. I used Testors Pactra paint, cleaned & dried the body properly...

i noticed after the first light coat that the graphics peeled away from the body at many of the creases or bends of the body leaving a void between the factory applied graphic and the clear shell...it looks horrible from the outside. anyone have any issues painting prographix bodys?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Never... at least nothing like this. The graphics on these bodies are supposed to be pre stuck down via a liquid dipping process... I would suggest calling traxxas and seeing if they will get you a new one.

It has been years since I bought a ProGraphics body but I never had any issues painting one when I did use them.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    I've had the same problem. The paint just will keep peeling away. Just buy a Proline clear body.
    ERBE ~ Rusty VXL ~ Pede VXL ~ 2 Slash 4X4's

RC Champion
    i use dawn dishing washing soap to clean the inside then let dry. i painted a Prographix body for a friend a while back, and no problems at all. but i used fastkolor thru a Air bursh.
    Take Responsibility do not text and drive.

RC poster
    the paint sticks to the body and decal very well, but the actual factory applied decal is peeling away from the body itself

RC Qualifier
    Could the paint have been applied to thickly, potentially causing the decal to get soft and peel?
    Using while stupid may cause serious injury.