RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar

jconcepts new wheels

New wheels released to go with the raptor body. They are a beadlock 2.2 with 12mm hex called Tense wheels. Come in chrome and black or black on black. Cool little cap to cover wheel nut too.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Champion
    Aluminum or plastic?
    Oderint Dum Metuant

RC Competitor
    Paper or plastic?

RC Champion
    Its a question of materiel. Not a joke. If its aluminum I rather buy from RC4WD. If its Plastic I might get a set for my high lift.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

RC Competitor
    Sorry, mine was a joke.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ReaperGN View Post
    Aluminum or plastic?
    Both the rim is plastic and the bead lock alum. They are a pain to get mounted so the stay on since they are a little narrow, and the hardware isn't so great.
    Stampede VXL upgraded broken stuff.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    I was at the lbs, looked like a fake deadlock, just plastic. Maybe a different size? Can't quite recall.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Enthusiast
    according to the websight they are sold out

RC Racer
    They might be a differnt size or came out with a new version that isn't but I have the orginal ones and they are a bead lock wheel.

RC Racer
    usually beadlocks are real expensive. I dont understand that. Its way less alum material used for say something like a shock tower, but they charge twice as much per pair. Id be hard for me to decide between alum and plastic bead locks. they look nice though, looks like plastic, with alum locks to me too. whats the price?

RC Competitor
    They are plastic with aluminum beadlock..but buyer beware I purchased a set for my 2x4 and jconcepts sent me the outer beadlocks which has an additional set of bolt holes for adding weights for the crawler version of the wheel that they sale. When I contacted them about this ( because it just looks stupid ) they told me there had been recent design changes since the photo shoot for the original wheel pics. I was like what!? All they offered was to send me the regular style in black saying they did not have the polished aluminum ones anymore????? Dunno don't ask me. oh yeh and by the way that cool looking center cap..yeh looks cool until you have to pull your wheels off to clean them...headache!! I will not getting much from them again.

RC Racer
    oo.. thats no bueno. Its like what u cant get a white BLANKET, and take pics of the updated model so the consumer knows exactly whats hes getting when they purchase your high price rim? ya, cant go through all that trouble. Got to schedule anouther photo shoot a few months out, and take all the customer service calls and returns and such in the mean time. Much better buiness strategy. Some companies make business decisions where u think a monkey is in charge.

RC Champion
    If you think those are a pain to use or change check out what I have on my high lift. You can plan on a hour and a half tire change if you don't loose a screw.

Oderint Dum Metuant

Are these a truck sized tire or the same Tense rims the mini Revo guys have been using for some time now? If they are the same rims they are meant to take a 2.2" Buggy sized tire not a 2.2" Truck tire.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    They are for a standard 2.2" tire. But I bet tires like the masher would work on a narrow rim. And as posted above they have different rings and don't exactly look as good. Some aftermarket rings would probably help.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXAVFW&P=7

Oderint Dum Metuant

RC Racer
    OK so the ones that were linked to are differn't then the ones I have (the first pic) and cheaper also.